No personal interest in AB, strictly DL

Status
Not open for further replies.

englogic1

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I am still pretty new to ADISC and I have noticed that it seems like many (most) of the posters on the site are ABDL's rather than just DL's. I, for one, have no interest whatsoever in the AB stuff however I do not think it is a strange or bad thing at all. Just out of curiosity, am I in the minority for this? Are most DL's also AB's? Personally I like the way a diaper feels and the excitement of wearing something for which I do not actually have a physical dependency. I also have a strong attraction to the idea of women wearing diapers. For as long as I can remember this is the way I have felt. What are your thoughts?

I'm "just" a DL. The clothes, toys and pacis don't interest me. I did try a paci once. Not bad, but not enough (and impossible) to indulge in.

Last edited by a moderator:
All the polling I've seen indicates that most of us are some mix rather than exclusively one or the other. Of course people can be all one or the other but both sides are important to me. Just enjoy what you like and be happy.

zipperless said:
[snipped]My thought: Since diapers are part of being AB then everyone who wears a diaper is a little bit AB.

Diapers aren't required to be an AB. They're very common but not required. If we're going to claim diapers are for babies, we're in the same boat as the jerks making it embarrassing for the incontinent.

I always found this separation interesting. I guess for diaper lovers, the attraction is mostly sexual, the diaper being sexually stimulating. I'm AB/DL so both things happen. With being AB, there are a number of components. The first and most obvious is regression, going back in one's mind to a much earlier age, that of an infant or toddler. But there are other elements such as humiliation, being humiliated if caught and made to feel babyish. From a psychological viewpoint, it's somewhat complex.

zipperless said:
I'm "just" a DL. The clothes, toys and pacis don't interest me. I did try a paci once. Not bad, but not enough (and impossible) to indulge in.

My thought: Since diapers are part of being AB then everyone who wears a diaper is a little bit AB.

Interesting point you make about diapers being apart of AB. I can see why you believe that. In my mind I do not really associate diapers as having anything to do with babies except that babies are far and above the largest group in society that uses them. But babies do not wear them for pleasure but rather as a necessity. I see people who are medically incontinent having more of a similarity to babies than those who choose to wear diapers because they enjoy wearing them. And I don't mean that in an insulting way. Just a thought.

- - - Updated - - -

Trevor said:
All the polling I've seen indicates that most of us are some mix rather than exclusively one or the other. Of course people can be all one or the other but both sides are important to me. Just enjoy what you like and be happy.

Diapers aren't required to be an AB. They're very common but not required. If we're going to claim diapers are for babies, we're in the same boat as the jerks making it embarrassing for the incontinent.

Exactly the point I tried to make in my last post about diapers not really having anything to do with babies in terms of strictly DL's.

Trevor said:

englogic1 said:
Interesting point you make about diapers being apart of AB. I can see why you believe that. In my mind I do not really associate diapers as having anything to do with babies except that babies are far and above the largest group in society that uses them. But babies do not wear them for pleasure but rather as a necessity. I see people who are medically incontinent having more of a similarity to babies than those who choose to wear diapers because they enjoy wearing them. And I don't mean that in an insulting way. Just a thought.

- - - Updated - - -

You guys are so right. My apologies to anyone who may be offended. I was thinking in the general sense of ABs and not thinking of the IC members here. Statement withdrawn.

dogboy said:
I always found this separation interesting. I guess for diaper lovers, the attraction is mostly sexual, the diaper being sexually stimulating. I'm AB/DL so both things happen. With being AB, there are a number of components. The first and most obvious is regression, going back in one's mind to a much earlier age, that of an infant or toddler. But there are other elements such as humiliation, being humiliated if caught and made to feel babyish. From a psychological viewpoint, it's somewhat complex.

I feel much as dogboy. I'd call myself mostly DL because a majority of the baby items (pacificer, bottle, a majority of the toys) don't interest me at all. But I like to be made to feel little, even teased a bit. The whole process for me is related to my sexuality as well, so I can't just say that it's wearing diapers to get aroused because the whole state of mind is more complex than that.

I'm an ABDL, but I only discovered my AB side recently, so for many years, I was solely a DL and not into any of that stuff, so I know what you're talking about. I feel that it's perfectly fine to only be interested in diapers and have no interest in pacis, bottles, or any of the other AB stuff. There's no one way to practice ABDL, and you can like and not like whatever aspects you want. A couple DLs eventually move over into full ABDLs such as myself, but lots of them remain DLs and stay that way. Either way is fine.

I guess I'd go with the just DL, but I've been fairly reluctant to use the term to describe myself, since I feel like the term has a bit of mi amore going on and I'm not in it for the sexual aspect. I like the way it feels and sometimes the convenience of not having to use public toilets, but that's really it... none of the baby stuff for me. I recall another thread "Non-sexual=Minority" is going on that seems related to our little dichotomy here.

I am just DL for the most part, although when I wet or mess my pants it has nothing to do with diapers , more of a wetting fetish

Yeah I lean more towards just DL. But I do like to be treated like I'm younger, or more submissive.... Not really in a babyish way.

The closest thing to AB I am is sem-liking pacifiers, and that's pretty much it.

Gsmax said:
I'm an ABDL, but I only discovered my AB side recently, so for many years, I was solely a DL and not into any of that stuff, so I know what you're talking about. I feel that it's perfectly fine to only be interested in diapers and have no interest in pacis, bottles, or any of the other AB stuff. There's no one way to practice ABDL, and you can like and not like whatever aspects you want. A couple DLs eventually move over into full ABDLs such as myself, but lots of them remain DLs and stay that way. Either way is fine.
My story is similar. I think being ab can be something that can be repressed or, the opposite, developed or unrepressed (is that a word?) later in life.

I began wanting to feel and act like a baby pretty much right after i stopped being one at around age 3 or 4. It kind of went dormant for a while until puberty. At that point it became stronger with also some feelings of sexual arousal. Even though the regression part has always been there as a teenager and as adult it became more and more about seeing women in diapers and nothing more.

About three years ago i realize i could try and order some diapers and some other abdl things, since then i've been discovering my ab or little side more. It's definitely a long and slow process. Proof of this is that recently i was able to play with some blocks and actually enjoy doing it without feeling bored. It was a great feeling to be that more immersed in my little side.

So basically what i'm trying to get at is that because of circumstances in life most of us loose that connection with our younger selfs but it can be reconnected. Now obviously, i can't speak for myself, but i think it makes perfect sense that for some there's no regression desire or connection to one's childhood with the desire to wear diapers.

Just an observation: Threads like this - here and other places, always just make me feel more alone in being strictly DL. There are so many "I am mostly DL but..." posts. When there's a "but" I don't relate.

lenaw said:
Just an observation: Threads like this - here and other places, always just make me feel more alone in being strictly DL. There are so many "I am mostly DL but..." posts. When there's a "but" I don't relate.
I can understand that and sympathize with feeling like a minority in a minority but i believe that's probably due to the fact that it's more common for dl's to not be very vocal or participate in forums or other social media that much, i mean i used to be like that. It's also a bit ironic because dl's are more likely to be seen as less weird than ab's, so less feelings of being lonely or ostracized by society.

lenaw said:

I totally get this. I too am 100% DL, with not a single "but" in sight. I have no desires for any of the material trappings of ABs and have no desire to feel little. I am the same person when I'm wearing underwear or a diaper.

Diapers comfort me and often excite me, but I have never related to the AB thing at all.

Far from feeling alone, though, I can't believe this thread is representative of the diaper-wearing population. I think there is a far higher percentage us "Pure DLs" out there than are represented here, unless something has shifted since I first found out, thanks to the Internet, that I was not alone.

-RMS

I really do not see myself in baby clothing, but I love diapers.
I guess others can’t see themselves in diaper without baby clothing.
If there is one thing I have learned throughout my life, no two people are alike.
No ,you are not alone, there is people that like some of the things you like.
Yes, you are unique because no one is 100% like you.

lenaw said:
When there's a "but" I don't relate.

I can sorta get that. I call myself a DL (sans AB) because, while I very much enjoy the "I'm a baby" aspect of wearing diapers, and even prefer babyish diapers, I do nothing beyond wearing them that might be called "age-play". And, further, my use of diapers generally involves... "self-stimulation", shall we say. Most age-players seem to have non-sexual components to their age-play. I really don't.

Supposing that a "pure" DL does not adopt any sort of "baby" mindset while wearing, it might be implied that I'm also an AB, but I feel like ones baby inclinations ought to run a bit deeper before the AB label is applied. That's just an opinion, though, and there are other opinions floating around.

So there's another "but" for you!

Some great feedback from a lot of different people. I can definitely see I'm not alone being purely a DL.

Eh I've tried the AB stuff. Just doesn't do it for me the way dips do. I'm primarily a DL. I'll play with the AB's. I'll indulge myself every now and again in AB stuff. But I'm a DL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back