Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I’m totally open and even strangers might guess

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Other

Votes: 8 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Only a few people know and theyre all online

Tried To Tell My Favourite Uncle And It Did Not Go Well.

My mother knows and then random online people here. That is it. I don't know that I'd tell anyone beyond the closest of family and even then it was hard to tell my mother that I wear and use diapers and have all sorts of baby stuff and stuffies etc. She kind of knew already of course.

Only my mom and people here know.

TopCat said:
Tried To Tell My Favourite Uncle And It Did Not Go Well.
Sorry to hear that

There seems to be a lot of mom's out there who know or maybe don't know what they came across. My mother has found a few diapers when I was a kid but we didn't talk about it. She probably forgot all about it because she didn't know what she was looking at. but if ABDL was more known or common we would probably still be talking about it 😅

Reactions: iluvdps2
Typically I don't post on the Adult Baby forum. I'm completely IC and I just have to say, most IC people try to be discreet. And that's not always easy when you are diaper dependent. Aside of family and close friends, few know. Some last school teachers, aides and other students knew. Along with some babysitters too. Sometimes the odd shopper or the general public. But most of the time I'm in incognito. No reason to fly that flag.

Reactions: slimjiminy, Jonnythepony and LaLoneDigi
Newbaby110521 said:
For some of us being an Adult Baby or Diaper Lover is something we’re ashamed or embarrassed about. So we don’t tell anyone...or do we? Personally no one apart from all you people on here and my physiatrist know I’m ABDL. I’ve avoided going out and meeting people because I’m afraid they’ll know well I recently went to a choir rehearsal and you know what no body knows. I don’t wear in public anyway. But I thought I’d do a quote poll to see how open we all are.
Can't help but wonder if you're surveying as some sort of personal influence.... like, the results will help you decide if you're going to be more open about it or not.

ChrisK said:
There seems to be a lot of mom's out there who know or maybe don't know what they came across. My mother has found a few diapers when I was a kid but we didn't talk about it. She probably forgot all about it because she didn't know what she was looking at. but if ABDL was more known or common we would probably still be talking about it 😅
I think mothers always know, even if she wasn’t sure what to say about it.

Reactions: Lyric, MairredDcouple, ChrisK and 2 others
Ali123 said:
I think mothers always know, even if she wasn’t sure what to say about it.
Don't tell me that..... you think she knows? Noooooooo!!! 🤣

Reactions: Chrissie
I am in a different boat than most, so my whole family and any friends all know. As far as the public, I am sure people have wondered if they did just see an older girl wearing a diaper.

Reactions: ChrisK
Andrewgdfw said:
I know and live those feelings quite well. In a way, it's just how we go about our day, carrying our 'secret' wherever we are. My two previous relationships seemed to have happened because both she and I had diaper needs nearly full time. Although the relationships ended due to career and job related transfers, I'd say both liaisons were otherwise successful, even if long distance. So, that's my 'bias' when it comes to seeking a potential GF.

At least here via the Internet, we can reveal some of our very personal feelings to 'familiar' strangers. Maybe there is less embarrassment in this forum setting because STIGMA doesn't lurk so large and discretion can be moderated somewhat. Count this a step in the right direction, I think?
Thank you for the nice reply. Because we all have diaper needs oaths forum and liketo learn more about and share our secret here, Ihave no “STIGMA” or embarrassment about opening up here. Ifindit therapeutic.

As for having previous GFs who were also in diapers, I can only imagine how nice that must be - being able to mutually meet your diaper needs together without the conflict of shame and embarrassment.

Reactions: ChrisK, iluvdps2 and Andrewgdfw
My wife know that I wear diapers and onsies. I am going to tell my daughter at Christmas. I have been in a diaper for over 5 years now and have not worn underwear since and have no plans too. If anyone would ask I would tell them as I am not ashamed of wearing a diaper, I wear 24/7 and in public.

Last edited:
ChrisK said:
Don't tell me that..... you think she knows? Noooooooo!!! 🤣
I’m pretty sure she would have known. It’s so hard to really hide things from your mother.

When I first started to enjoy wearing girls’ clothes and nappies I know for a fact that my mother knew about it.

Reactions: ChrisK and SabuInu
The only people that know I wear diapers or should I say that that know I am a DL, would be my wife and a shrink I used to visit to get a handle on my depression .
I would say everyone here knows also but I’m only a screen name .

Ali123 said:
I’m pretty sure she would have known. It’s so hard to really hide things from your mother.

When I first started to enjoy wearing girls’ clothes and nappies I know for a fact that my mother knew about it.
Hard to say really, from her reaction when I told my mother she had absolutely zero clue^^

___
When it comes down to actually telling someone I also tend to try to gauge (is that the correct word?) if it's a good idea by asking them: "What is the most strangest/ridiculous thing you're come across or where told?"

What I also liked to do when I was ready to tell someone, prepared a babyfur picture to show them, as example when I told two friends (they're in a relationship together):
I used Mommy's Baby by Wen and told them I would really like to be the little guy, well - he needed a some explanation, she immediately knew what was going on.

Really depends on Situation, if you really want to tell somebody, please be sensitive!, I've read quite a handful of threads/posts where people wanted to share they're secret and went full baby-mode into the room where the other person was waiting, bad idea...

You might think, well why do I tell the people I really trust, difficult, maybe something in me wants the acceptance that it is okay, maybe I want to see if my first psychotherapist was right when he said (roughly tranlated again): "If a friend you tell this thinks less or even something bad of you because of that, this person is not your friend".

Last edited:
Reactions: ChrisK and iluvdps2
Meh, edit came too late, sorry Moderators :/
SabuInu said:
Really depends on Situation, if you really want to tell somebody, please be sensitive!, I've read quite a handful of threads/posts where people wanted to share their secret and went full baby-mode into the room where the other person was waiting...well they wondered why they got a bad (over-)reaction...bad idea...
____

Anyway, if you gonna tell someone, I hope you get a good reaction *paws crossed*

Almost a couple years ago now I decided to tell all my siblings, my parents and my core group of friends. I have yet to have a bad experience. Other than my mom. She told me that her and my dad are having a hard time with it, but want me to be happy. The last time I made a trip home my mom swatted my butt. She laughed in a good way.

My friends all don’t care. They just want me happy. When I was at my best friend’s house his wife told me that their spare room had all their grandson’s diaper supplies and I was free to change in there. She even asked where my binky was because she wanted to see it. It’s been great.

Reactions: ChrisK and iluvdps2
I am full time little 24/7 and permanently diapered! I am registered disable and permanently urinary incontinent, I have social workers to look after me and help me with daily living, cause I have mobility issues. I have no issue with people seeing me as a little baby, but I think 🤔 most people see me as disabled first and foremost.

I have never had enough courage or trust to another person to actually tell anyone, until recently when I told my girlfriend about it. I'm still surprised how supportive she has been from the beginning. At least for me being able to openly talk about this side of me has helped quite a lot in accepting myself.
Currently I'm also seriously considering talking to my therapist that I'm already seeing to help with depression and anxiety.

• Love
Reactions: ChrisK, ILuvDiapers, iluvdps2 and 1 other person
Back