No new designs for L/XL GoodNites this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommanderCrayfish

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
I'm perfectly aware of the limited-edition Spider-Man and Tinker Bell designs that GoodNites got this year, but I'm actually surprised that the L/XL size didn't get a refresh to go with their smaller siblings. If I remember correctly, this is the first time since the gender split that GoodNites have actually carried a single set of designs for over a year. Don't get me wrong, the current designs are nice, I'm just surprised they've stayed around for so long. Does anyone think they'll get new designs for 2013?

ManicMunchkin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Yeah it is kind of odd. Maybe it's a cost-cutting measure? Even the biggest companies seem to be hurting for cash these days. Anyway, I'd be happy if they don't change the designs. I rather like these ones, especially after the ones they had in 2011, which I thought were kind of ugly.

DryNites92

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
The DryNites had a minor change during the middle of 2012. They just changed the waistband and sides very slightly. I also think they did something to the material on the sides, because after that update I felt that the sides were slightly stretchier. But I may just be imagining things... Haha :p

CommanderCrayfish

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
The DryNites had a minor change during the middle of 2012. They just changed the waistband and sides very slightly. I also think they did something to the material on the sides, because after that update I felt that the sides were slightly stretchier. But I may just be imagining things... Haha :p

Maybe, but in my experience, they've pretty much been the same construction-wise since the 2010 version. Not that that's a bad thing though, the "new" version does a much better job of not leaking, plus the newer sides don't lose their elasticity as easily (seriously, the sides on the pre-2010 GoodNites wore out way too quickly for my liking).

DanElmontan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm betting on no new designs until next spring or summer...odd that they didn't change anything this year, but I have heard that the economy has been impacting their business decisions recently (no more Huggies in parts of Europe).

CommanderCrayfish

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
That could be part of it, but a good part of me thinks that the S/M Limited Edition were originally planned as L/XL as well. Just seems odd that one size gets new designs and the other doesn't. Or maybe it's just me wanting some Tinker Bell GoodNites that'll actually fit. :p

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Or maybe it's just me wanting some Tinker Bell GoodNites that'll actually fit. :p

Heheh... Probably. I do wish they'd released those in L/XL (I still bought a bunch of the S/M), but when you consider that the L/XL is aimed at teens, it's pretty obvious that a kiddish design was never going to happen.

Yesterday

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Yeah it would've been cool for some new designs but as other people have mentioned I love the current designs also. Just bought my first pack of the newest ones a few days ago and they are awesome :)! And yeah I'm pretty sure they did change the side material, it seems more like plastic but I like it better than the old ones.

DanElmontan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
The material of the sides changed when they went to the colored versions. I personally don't think that the sides are as stretchy as the older type.

DryNites92

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Maybe, but in my experience, they've pretty much been the same construction-wise since the 2010 version. Not that that's a bad thing though, the "new" version does a much better job of not leaking, plus the newer sides don't lose their elasticity as easily (seriously, the sides on the pre-2010 GoodNites wore out way too quickly for my liking).

Yeah, I completely agree! The Pre-2010 ones would lose their elasticity after like one two nights. Which rendered them utterly useless if you went a few nights without wetting...

CommanderCrayfish

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
The material of the sides changed when they went to the colored versions. I personally don't think that the sides are as stretchy as the older type.

Hmm... you might be right, but the newer sides do a much better job of holding up for longer periods of time.

Yeah, I completely agree! The Pre-2010 ones would lose their elasticity after like one two nights. Which rendered them utterly useless if you went a few nights without wetting...

Tell me about it, I ran into that a few times back when I actually needed them for bedwetting. I'm surprised the original sides stayed all the way through 2009 (long after I'd stopped actually needing them).

smileson

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm glad they don't seem to change the design so fast. Those 2012 Goodnites are awesome!!!
I don't want....well, "a change." :)

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
my diaper are perfect for me so i dont mind if they change these ones or not. mine are perfectfor me

happiesxxl

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
will they make a goodnites design with tape sides (open design)? when?

i think they should just continue the Huggies line to sizes 7 and 8 for older bedwetting kids.

CommanderCrayfish

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private

i think they should just continue the Huggies line to sizes 7 and 8 for older bedwetting kids.

Probably not, since it would kind of defeat the purpose of GoodNites (that is, a bedwetting pant that's like underwear).

Oh, and a note about GoodNites: they seem to have pulled all references of the Limited Edition designs off of their site, and some retailers no longer have them. Really glad I'm holding on to an unopened pack of Tinker Bell GoodNites, they'll probably have some value someday. :cool:

DemonHunter

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other

I wish they would have diaper style tapes that would be cool.

Meowstic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Yeah... They 've been the same since 2011...
Girls:
Butterflies (all sizes) and Monkeys (Small-Medium) or Hearts (Large-XL)
Boys:
Choppers (all sizes) and Trucks (Small-Medium) or Skateboarders (Large-XL)
Source: GoodNites - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I hope they have new ones this new year.

CommanderCrayfish

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
Well, no new designs on the GoodNites themselves as far as I know, but the packaging seems to have been slightly redesigned: the "Trusted Nighttime Protection" seal is now on the packaging, and the size and design-preview things have been reversed, the size thing is also now pink for girls (I couldn't find a boys package to see what color the size thing was). Fairly minor changes overall, but still noticeable.

happiesxxl

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
yeah, the tinkerbell ones are done now. maybe they wil be worth something some day. im not sure why they dont make goodnites with tape and pant design, im sure there are a lot of kids that would benefit with tape design. i really wish KC never made goodnites, then we would probably have larger diapers now, not pull-ons.

Status
Not open for further replies.