No, it is not always a fetish or sexual. It's therapeutic.

KittyMerriweather

I'm counting on a new beginning.
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little, Carer, Other
I like that some people, like yourself, have evolved past diapers being purely sexual. It's appealing to hear someone speak about diapers being a comfort factor. To them diapers are like slipping into an old pair of sweatpants.

MandyBear

Est. Contributor
Role
Little, Incontinent, Carer
Honestly, if it makes you feel better to call your fetish a "therapy"
Just call it how you want.
Why is there even a problem about the term fetish...
The problem with the term "fetish" is that your average person with little to no experience or knowledge of AB/DL (or the greater BDSM world for that matter) will generally relate the term with a sexual need, attraction, purpose or action. Even though there are other (non sexually related) definitions for the word, the sexual context is what it is most commonly known for.

The word (in most modern cultures) has become synonymous with a sexual attraction to something.
You just do not hear people saying how they have a (non sexual of course) fetish for wood working or bowling or knitting, lol.

Even within the AB/DL & BDSM communities the word is still mostly thought of as having a sexual attraction to something.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/fetish
1) A form of sexual desire in which gratification is linked to an abnormal degree to a particular object, item of clothing, part of the body, etc.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fetish
1c) an object or bodily part whose real or fantasied presence is psychologically necessary for sexual gratification and that is an object of fixation to the extent that it may interfere with complete sexual expression

The definitions above (especially the bold parts) are definitely seen as cringe worthy and that the person with a "fetish" probably has unhealthy or not normal sexual practices.
Further more, it muddys the water for those looking to explain themselves to a partner or a partner trying to find information on the subject and wrongly thinking it must solely be a sexual thing.

Last edited:

GermanDL

Poopypants Pirate
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I can understand you, but the "normal" Guys will always give us names
and tell us what perversions we live ^^'

Just let them talk, anyone who refuses to dig deeper into a matter
to really understand it will have a big loss.
Because we can live as we like, while they are bound by the rules they entangled themselves
into with those rules of there twisted morality.

In my eyes, everyone has some kind of weird Fetish/kink/interest
however you wanna call it, and like u said, it not always has anything to do
with sexuality.

The Difference is, we live our life to the fullest.
And they are ashamed of there true self.