Nintendocore...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello_Kitty

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
Anyone here listen to NintendoCore bands like HORSE the band, Sky Eats Airplane, Amy can Flyy, or Fizzy Dino Pop?

Hello_Kitty

Est. Contributor
Role
I listen to HORSE before...
Yea I kinda just discovered them last week.
I was hoping someone could give me some more bands similar.

Gahh i sing that all the time with my friend! :D

Also I have to sing it everytime i drink Snapple
Lol I hate snapple but I have my mom singing it now. DAMN YOU!!!

on a side note: Pojo told me 3oh!3 plays on the radio near him. WTF?
Is North Carolina just musically slow. YAY NC = Retard Hicks.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I have heard these bands like Horse the band but I dont like them all to much though, What I do love though and can recommend is OC remix, Its like different versions of levels/bosses from your favorite games. By different people so sometimes it can be maybe a techno version of a super mario level or it can be a metal version of Ken's stage in Street Fighter 2!

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Yeah, I like me some of that 8-bit sound. I find myself listening to more Amy Can Flyy than I probably should. I was never a big fan of HORSE, but I'll take any good nintendo-core tips. I'll trade you some bands with 8-bit influences that aren't necessarily "core":

64Revolt (Started out more as a digital hardcore band, but changed their sound.)
Suggested track: CAPIP
Bondage Fairies (Think The Pixies goes punk rock, goes blip blop)
Suggested track: Levenus Supremus
Aavikko (Go Finland!)
Suggested track: Rosinante
Crystal Castles (Pretty known by now I guess)
Suggested track: Alice Practice
YMCK (Japanese 8-bit jazz!)
Suggested track: Major Swing
OMODAKA (Awesome band. Awesome Video)

Hello_Kitty

Est. Contributor
Role
Yeah, I like me some of that 8-bit sound. I find myself listening to more Amy Can Flyy than I probably should. I was never a big fan of HORSE, but I'll take any good nintendo-core tips. I'll trade you some bands with 8-bit influences that aren't necessarily "core":

64Revolt (Started out more as a digital hardcore band, but changed their sound.)
Suggested track: CAPIP
Bondage Fairies (Think The Pixies goes punk rock, goes blip blop)
Suggested track: Levenus Supremus
Aavikko (Go Finland!)
Suggested track: Rosinante
Crystal Castles (Pretty known by now I guess)
Suggested track: Alice Practice
YMCK (Japanese 8-bit jazz!)
Suggested track: Major Swing
OMODAKA (Awesome band. Awesome Video)
Holy Crap! You really did some digging. Thank you!
Umm I listened to all...
I liked...
Crystal Castles, YMCK (i also listened to Starlight and I liked that too), Bondage Fairies, And OMODAKA was really great, I agree the video is great the hands are kinda creepy but the breakdancing skeleton is freakin awesome.

Thanks again

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Holy Crap! You really did some digging. Thank you!
No problem. I actually just checked my iTunes library and looked them up on myspace. I've always had a thing for blips and blops. However, I did some more actuall digging and came up with one more:

iamerror (Some actuall 8-bit screamo. Linked to last.fm since myspace only has the intrumental new EP)
Suggested track: do a br00tal roll

I'm still searching for new stuff, so there might be more soon.

irecomme

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
"nintendocore" is just about the most awful name for a genre I have ever heard.

machinae supremacy are the be-all and end-all of what you seem to be referring to.

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
"nintendocore" is just about the most awful name for a genre I have ever heard.

machinae supremacy are the be-all and end-all of what you seem to be referring to.
I agree. It's a stupid name. I prefer NEScore, blipcore och chipcore. Still, those are pretty stupid as well. Nintendocore is just the name that's caught on the best I guess.

I'd have to say that I don't agree with Machinae Supremacy fitting into the genre though. I just don't hear the "core" sound. Sounds a lot more like heavy metal guitars over a chiptune. That's not saying it's bad though. I quite liked them.

Status
Not open for further replies.