Nintendo Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
Well I just got a nintendo wii, it is so fun.

I was wondering if anyone knows how to make a wii connect to the internet useing there computer as the router.

I am running vista but cann't figuer out how to make it send out a wireless single.

Please Help!

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
Do you have a USB Wi-fi gaming adapter for the PC? Alternatively, do you have a wireless router? (that's what I have) The Wii has to connect to something. Without that, it has nothing to send/receive a signal to/from.

Zyro

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I know how to do it with Linux, but no clue how to do it with Vista.

My advice; look around on Google until you have found out how, otherwise I have NO clue.

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
no, but my computer has a built in wireless card i set up what called a wireless ad hoc network, and turned it on. I went to the wii internet set up, and chosse wireless, it finds the network, but when it runs a test on the network it says Error Code:51030 Unable to find an acces point

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
I can't say for sure, but it may not be compatible. :(

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
Do you have a USB Wi-fi gaming adapter for the PC? Alternatively, do you have a wireless router? (that's what I have) The Wii has to connect to something. Without that, it has nothing to send/receive a signal to/from.

where can i get a usb wi-fi

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
I don't know. It just doesn't work with some routers/cards.

And um.... Datel WiFi MAX should work. I think you can find it at any video game store. There's an official Nintendo WFC adapter too, but I heard a rumor that it's not being made since November.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I don't know. It just doesn't work with some routers/cards.

And um.... Datel WiFi MAX should work. I think you can find it at any video game store. There's an official Nintendo WFC adapter too, but I heard a rumor that it's not being made since November.
Thats not a rumor Nintendo did decide to stop making them anyways that small USB thing sucked anyways. Anyone is MUCH better off just buying a linksys Wi-Fi router.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
the card on your computer isn't set up to work as an access point...

my Wii acquired the wireless network in my apartment right away... no problems...

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
that is so odd, my wii can see the ad hoc network i made but the connection test always fails

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Well, yeah, they do make cheap Wifi routers. I've seen them for $30 or $40 dollars. It is a better bet, but if you don't want to get it, then get WiFiMAX.

Thats not a rumor Nintendo did decide to stop making
I thought so, but I didn't want to say for sure because I wasn't 100% certain.

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
well i just ordered a game from gamestop.com. Far Cry: Vengeance, has anyone ever played it. Should get it sometime wensday, cause i did overnight shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.