Night time cloth and comfort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiburon

Banned
Role
  1. Private
How comfortable is it using cloth diapers at night? Does the non absorbency keep you up?

DeftLeppard

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Carer
I have AIO's that I wear both day and night. mine are very comfy, and will hold a good flooding. I do recommend getting some plastic pants If you plan on using them at night, especially if you sleep on your side.

oleman72

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I've been wearing AIO's for over a year now and find them more comfy than disposables for sleeping with no leaks. A cloth diaper after it's been broke in
"ie washed" is more absorbent than any disposable diaper. Here's a simple test you can do. Pee on a open disposable and it puddles, on a cloth diaper it's
absorbed right away.

egor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I like my Baby pants cotton twill and Plastic pants and I sleep like a log.

DL2326

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I find it super comfortable to sleep with my cloth/velcro secured flat diapers covered with a choice of pastel coloured and printed plastic pants. The plastic pants are very shiny and very soft and, together with the cloth diaper give me a warm and secure feeling. Cloth diapers are very absorbent. With high back plastic pants either sleeping on my back or side, the cloth/plastic pants combination keeps my bed dry every night. A good rinse of the diapers and plastic pants during the morning shower keeps things very simple. The cloth diapers and plastic pants are air dried daily. A touch of eau de toilette spray in the plastic pants gives it a nice/fresh smell. The cloth diapers are then machine washed and dried once a week. While cloth diapering provides super comfort and absorbency at night, it is also very efficient and economical especially in the long run.

Straycatz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I have always slept in disposables, but am thinking of going to cloth/plastic pants. Has anyone tried the Snap-EZ cloth diapers? Opinions? Also, I have had trouble with the elastic on plastic pants digging into my legs after being in them for awhile. Does this mean I need a bigger size or am I just getting the wrong kind?

WBxx

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Cloth (flat flannel) at night is totally comfortable for me. Then again that’s what I grew up in.

oleman72

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I have always slept in disposables, but am thinking of going to cloth/plastic pants. Has anyone tried the Snap-EZ cloth diapers? Opinions? Also, I have had trouble with the elastic on plastic pants digging into my legs after being in them for awhile. Does this mean I need a bigger size or am I just getting the wrong kind?

You need to measure your thighs and get plastic pants with leg openings that fit your thighs
in the middle range of the leg opening. Example if you measure 24" you need a range of
around 22" to 26".

diaperbobby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I too sleep in cloth diapers and plastic pants and like them very much. They are soft, warm, and comfortable, they absorb well, and I usually have no leak problems. I usually use babypants plastic pants (Gerber style made with PEVA) and either babypants training pants or else pull-on style from babykins. Sometimes I use a regular baby diaper as a soaker pad inside if I think I will wet heavy.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Ditto for me. I find the cloth diapers to be very comfortable. I do occasionally feel the plastic pants around my thighs, but I have no trouble sleeping. As for feeling wet, I mostly don't, but I enjoy the wet feeling from diapers as that's sort of my thing.

Eclectic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
How comfortable is it using cloth diapers at night? Does the non absorbency keep you up?

I've been wearing cloth at night for over 20 years. If I'm away from home, I wear a thick disposable. There is no comparison. I usually wear a Babykins night time print flannel with two boosters and a pair of PUL or vinyl pants over my diaper. Non-absorbency? Not sure what that means. Cloth wicks moisture much faster than a disposable. I sleep lights out in cloth diapers, wet in my sleep and wake up soaked with no leaks.

I tried Snap-EZ about four years ago. Thought they sucked big time. The fit was horrible. As far as plastic pants digging into your legs, I've had that too. Stay away from Suprema pants and go for a pant with wider elastics on the legs. Look carefully at the leg sizing, measure your thighs and purchase a pant where your size falls in the middle of the pants range. Example, my thighs are 21", so I'm looking for a pant that has a leg range of 18-24" or something similar. Never buy more than one pant or one cloth diaper at a time until you find the combo that fits you. I personally stay away from AIO's unless the outer cover is PUL. If it's vinyl, the inner cloth layer will far outlast the plastic on the outside. I hope this helps.

polarbear12

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have normally been a disposable wearer but have a few cloth diapers and pul pants and have started wearing them twice a week. Just before the weekend for laundry reasons. The main comfort difference I found was when I would went in my sleep with a disposable I never wake up, when I wet cloth I tend to wake up as I'm wetting. Guess that's why kids potty train faster in cloth....

marty

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
As a very heavy nighttime wetter, I would very much recomend thick cloth diapers with large fitting plastic pants
over them. I always sleep like a rock, and wet several times a night. With the thick diapers and plastic pants, I never
wake up with wet sheets. I can't say the same for any of the disposable diapers that I have tried.

WBxx

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
As a very heavy nighttime wetter, I would very much recomend thick cloth diapers with large fitting plastic pants
over them. I always sleep like a rock, and wet several times a night. With the thick diapers and plastic pants, I never
wake up with wet sheets. I can't say the same for any of the disposable diapers that I have tried.

Marty … As a youngster when mom was trying to get me dry I often wet more than once during the night. I suspect that’s still the case but don’t know for sure. I’m curious, how do you know you wet several times per night?

oleman72

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Marty … As a youngster when mom was trying to get me dry I often wet more than once during the night. I suspect that’s still the case but don’t know for sure. I’m curious, how do you know you wet several times per night?

I know in my case I can wet 2 to3 times a night. I'm a side sleeper so I usually wake up sometimes just starting to pee or I have just finished
and go right back to sleep.

ShAd0w10

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
I've been thinking of switching to cloth for good. It will definitely save some money in the long run for me. I'm a heavy wetter at times and sometimes wake up to a small leak. So I think cloth will be better over all. I'm thinking about getting Dependecos. Are there any recommendations, where to get them, or general advise anyone can give? Also what are the best plastic pants? Sorry to ask so much, kind of new to the cloth diaper thing.

Babybike2

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I find cloth diapers very comfortable and comforting to sleep in. The absorbency is far superior to disposables and you can adjust them to your needs and liking by layering. I sleep on my side at least part of the night with few problems.

- - - Updated - - -

I like Gary plastic pants but they do leave a mark on my legs in the morning. Recently I purchased a pair of Kins Adult Softies Plastic Pants 10200V. The elastics are very soft and do not bind. The elastics fit so gently that at first, I was concerned I would have leaking problems, but have had none. These are the most comfortable plastic pants I've tried. They are also very reasonable at $10.00 each.

I think you may have to try a few different brands to find the fit you are looking for. Also, it is helpful to buy a size or even 2 larger, especially for night time when you may need a thicker or double diaper. For example, I wear medium prefolds from Chnaging Times Diaper Co. But I wear large sized plastic pants over them as medium pants are just too tight. I recently purchased an size extra large Gerber white pant (PEVA) from Baby Pants and I'm quite happy with the fit.

oleman72

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I've been thinking of switching to cloth for good. It will definitely save some money in the long run for me. I'm a heavy wetter at times and sometimes wake up to a small leak. So I think cloth will be better over all. I'm thinking about getting Dependecos. Are there any recommendations, where to get them, or general advise anyone can give? Also what are the best plastic pants? Sorry to ask so much, kind of new to the cloth diaper thing.

The best place to get Dependeco's is here. all in one adult baby cloth diapers That is where I order all of mine from including stuffers.
Plastic pants here. Fetware Products Superior Incontinence Protection | Buy from Fetware Products, Llc.

chuck

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I like gauze cloth diapers at night, usually 4 layers. Pull-on plastic pants work very well with them. They are comfortable and I rarely have any leaks. I save my snap-side plastic pants for the daytime if I wear a cloth diaper, although sometimes I wear disposable pull-ups in the daytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.