NFL on Nickelodeon?!

blaincorrous

All Puns Intended
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
This is kinda relevant to this group, but I’m not sure where to put it.

There is an NFL game playing on Nickelodeon.

Yeah, I know our reality deviated from the prime timeline sometime in late 2019, but I would never have predicted this.

From what little I've watched of TV over the last few years, it seems a lot of stations run increasing amounts of popular stuff well outside their genre.

At least TLC eventually owned up and changed their name. The History channel is for my money the worst current offender.

Reactions: KitsuneFox and CaterpillarSick
BoundCoder said:
From what little I've watched of TV over the last few years, it seems a lot of stations run increasing amounts of popular stuff well outside their genre.

At least TLC eventually owned up and changed their name. The History channel is for my money the worst current offender.
Travel shows on Food Network and food shows on Travel Channel. That was what got me.

Nickelodian shows a number of adult shows. I think they air "Friends" later at night.

I haven't watched Nickelodeon in years, but when I was a kid (waves old man cane, encourages you from stepping on my lawn) Nickelodeon didn't have any advertising on their channel other than for themselves. It was supposed to be a channel "by kids, for kids" and so there wasn't much commercial involvement.

Spongebob became so popular, however, that began the flood of merchandise.

I love watching Nickelodeon.

NinjaPizza said:
I haven't watched Nickelodeon in years, but when I was a kid (waves old man cane, encourages you from stepping on my lawn) Nickelodeon didn't have any advertising on their channel other than for themselves. It was supposed to be a channel "by kids, for kids" and so there wasn't much commercial involvement.

Spongebob became so popular, however, that began the flood of merchandise.
Yes, I remember when they would advertise their other shows like the slime bucked thing, their other shows, etc.

Unfortunately it was pointless as I was already watching it? Oh well it made sense back then ;v

I hope they weren't showing the game where the microphone picked up some !#$%ing enthusiastic !#$%ing congratulations after a !#$%ing touchdown. Wasn't the most kid friendly moment.

dogboy said:
Nickelodian shows a number of adult shows. I think they air "Friends" later at night.
Back in the day, Nick aired more adult content at night time, and eventually spun off "Nick At Nite". It's interesting how much the network has gone off-the-rails .

Last edited:
Reactions: dogboy
I used to watch Nick At Nite, when I was an older kid.

Not sure what they're playing now, but probably the sitcoms that were new when I was a teenager.

From what I have read (and I didn't see it), they dumbed it down, eliminated the usual hubris from the broadcast and incorporated Nick concepts of of "sliming", etc. It also featured some kind of discussion/interview with SpongeBob, Patrick and Sandy. The NFL is by the far the smartest of all of the professional leagues. They are always looking to grow their market with innovation. Now I wish I had known about it. I'm going to go find the video.

NinjaPizza said:
I used to watch Nick At Nite, when I was an older kid.

Not sure what they're playing now, but probably the sitcoms that were new when I was a teenager.
Still a big fan of Don Adams and Get Smart because of Nick at Nite.

Back