Newsletter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talula

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Have we had one recently? As far as I can remember it's been a good few months since I've last seen one?

I realise of course with the problems and staff changes etc we've had recently it's probably got all confusing, so this is just a friendly reminder/question.

Anyone any ideas?

Or does anyone know the actual date since the last one, in case I'm just talking a load of rubbish as usual? :)

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
The last one was like May or June...And then Cupcake left the staff...

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Nope...I'm guessing Moo hasn't assigned anyone to it, although I don't know if he even wants one anymore.

Jaiden

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Oh, yeah, I'd forgotten about the newsletter.

If it does continue in whatever form I'd suggest making it a more collaborative effort. I don't mean to denigrate the efforts of those who have produced it thus far at all, but it might be easier to maintain if the work was spread around a little wider. We've got the basic format already so we'd just need people to fill out a section here or there - one person agrees to do the interview this month, one person selects notable threads etc etc. Maybe get six or eight regular volunteers on that kind of basis so that there should always been enough people to put something together and it wouldn't put too much pressure on just one or two people.

I'd certainly be up for helping out on that kind of a basis whereas I'd be a lot more reticent to commit to anything more permanent and I'm guessing there are others who feel similarly.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
If it does continue in whatever form I'd suggest making it a more collaborative effort. I don't mean to denigrate the efforts of those who have produced it thus far at all, but it might be easier to maintain if the work was spread around a little wider. We've got the basic format already so we'd just need people to fill out a section here or there - one person agrees to do the interview this month, one person selects notable threads etc etc. Maybe get six or eight regular volunteers on that kind of basis so that there should always been enough people to put something together and it wouldn't put too much pressure on just one or two people.

I'd certainly be up for helping out on that kind of a basis whereas I'd be a lot more reticent to commit to anything more permanent and I'm guessing there are others who feel similarly.

Well the newsletter really isn't that hard to make. To make newsletter, it take roughly and hour or 2 by yourself. Having a group of people making it seems like a waste of time. We should just have one person doing it (if it's even worth having).

Talula

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Well the newsletter really isn't that hard to make. To make newsletter, it take roughly and hour or 2 by yourself. Having a group of people making it seems like a waste of time. We should just have one person doing it (if it's even worth having).

I think it's definitely worth having. :)

I'd even volunteer to help out/do it if no one else was going to. I think things like that are so important for keeping communities together :)

F

Falkio

Talula is right. I have not seen a newsletter in several months. Not that this is a problem of course. Just pointing it out. It was certainly worth having - I loved the inspirational quotes! The interviews were also exciting. A good old-fashioned, friendly address is what we need to quell the drama, I think.

I would be willing to author the newsletter? I could collaborate with Talula, and get suggestions from the staff while we write. There are people I'd like to interview, and threads worth mentioning. I have the free time, writing experience, and hopefully your trust enough to be a part of this.

Please let me know. :detective3

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
  1. Private
I do have plans to bring back the newsletter. I even have a plan to upgrade it and make it better. I just haven't had the time to implement this yet.

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Sissy
If you do bring it back please... PLEASE!! Can we have a forum member interview section!

diaperedteenager

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I would love to take over the responsibility of making the newsletter. I have experience with two newsletters, both of which I was the "boss man" behind them. So, if you want...I will do the newsletter, I am up for a project!

F

Falkio

I would love to take over the responsibility of making the newsletter. I have experience with two newsletters, both of which I was the "boss man" behind them. So, if you want...I will do the newsletter, I am up for a project!

Sorry guys, but Talula and I have already mentioned we'd like to be a part of it. :D

...and I'd really like to do it with her (No. Not like that).

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I'd be willing to help whoever ends up doing it. I have experience in the ADISC newsletter department :3

A

Asher

...That might be the dirtiest thing I have ever heard you say, Embry (...well, type actually). X D

Jaiden said:

I fully agree with Jaiden on this one; get a good couple volunteers on this, and make a "mini-staff" persay. Having separate editorials and having separate "editors" per each section would be a cool idea if given some time to work out everything. However, instead of simply restricting to a couple of people to volunteer to write for the newsletter, why not change up the spots and give a couple more contributing members on this forum to write some articles?

You could keep a permanent staff (I'm assuming at this point that it would be Talula and/or Embry), but also have some people write some extras to add to the newsletter. The only problem with this idea is that you would have some "writers" who would be irresponsible and not get the article done in time. If there were a way to keep that in line and to make sure that every one of the volunteers got their articles in on time, then it could work. I did a similar routine for the newspaper/literary magazine at my school last year (I was head Editor), and it worked to a moderate success. We could really run this like an actual editing team and make an excellent product.

Pojo said:

That is probably true, but what if we could make it bigger (and maybe better), then we should have a slightly bigger team. We could make it like a mini-newspaper really...

As I tiny end note, I would be happy to volunteer and help make/write for the newsletter. I would love to see where this goes... :)

- Asher

Talula

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private

It is KINDA like that though... isnt it? :p

I love the newsletter. I think that because we are a support community, we need to be JUST that. We need to be a proper community, and all communities have newsletters. In my vision of the newsletter, I imagine there being lots of regular features, and same ones we've always had, and possibly some new ones as well, but I also imagine special features that other members have written. Articles on hot topics, personal reflections, anything and everything.

I think the newsletter has been brilliant since I've been here, and I can't wait for Moo to bring it back! Moo, get busy on this one!!

I know, however, that a lot of people don't read the newspaper, and that's a bit of a shame, cos I found out some pretty interesting things in it.

Also, silly competitions. I'm not sure who made the 'bars' people put in their signature if they won something in the member awards, but I was thinking of a 'spot this' or puzzle in each newsletter, and the winner, first person to respond correctly, or best answer, or lucky dip, would get a little bar, if the kind bar-maker would make one?

I love newsletters!

Status
Not open for further replies.