Newbies Aren't Allowed to Edit Posts

Should Newbies be Allowed to Edit Their Posts?

• Yes.

Votes: 26 92.9%
  • No.

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I see so many newbies saying, "There's no edit button, so I have to double post. Sorry." I think newbies should be allowed to edit their posts. We always preach, "Don't double post! Use the edit button!" but that's a big contradiction when newbies have to double post to add something to their posts. Enabling them to edit their own posts would save the mods a lot of work.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I think there is also a thing where you can't edit if you do a quick reply...At least I've heard that from someone...

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
I'm not sure of the present thoughts behind restricting newbies from editing their posts, but on the surface I don't see where it would hurt. If they have to stick their changes into a second or third post, might as well let them do the editing on the OP instead. I'm sure a Mod or Admin will chime in with the current reason for no newbie editing.

~Pramrider

B

Butterfly Mage

I was wondering what that was all about as well. sometimes I post from my cell phone and it would be nice to be able to fix typos later on when I'm on a real computer.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Everyone should be allowed to edit... it would reduce double-posting.

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I think there is also a thing where you can't edit if you do a quick reply...At least I've heard that from someone...
not true!! i always quick reply and i can edit my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.