new wiki integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
Feel free to comment on the new wiki integration here.

In particular, I'm interested in your comments on the subject of User Pages... should they be redirected to your profile or not?

ion.blue

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
To be honest, feels a little weird, especially as almost half the screen is taken up by the forum components. But its ok, I guess, just a matter of getting used to it.

As for user pages, I think its ok to leave it, since the Wiki user pages allow more customization than the forum profile.

Cheers:)

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Though people don't all make their own pages and everyone can change pages, even userpages. So I'd say link it to the profiles.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
To be honest, feels a little weird, especially as almost half the screen is taken up by the forum components. But its ok, I guess, just a matter of getting used to it.

As for user pages, I think its ok to leave it, since the Wiki user pages allow more customization than the forum profile.

Cheers:)
If you would like, I can enable a selection of skins, so you can go back to the old look if you wish

The default though, IMHO, should be the one where the forums and wiki are well-integrated.

ion.blue

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
If you would like, I can enable a selection of skins, so you can go back to the old look if you wish

The default though, IMHO, should be the one where the forums and wiki are well-integrated.
Well it's not a big deal to me :)
(but what would be reeeeally neat would be a Wiki theme that matches the forum theme :D)

By the way, I made the Main Page redirect directly to Wiki Welcome because MediaWiki does not allow double-redirection (Main Page -> Welcome -> Wiki Welcome)

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
Well it's not a big deal to me :)
(but what would be reeeeally neat would be a Wiki theme that matches the forum theme :D)
It already does match up very well. The forum's headers, footers, and color scheme are used. What more is there to match up?

ion.blue said:
By the way, I made the Main Page redirect directly to Wiki Welcome because MediaWiki does not allow double-redirection (Main Page -> Welcome -> Wiki Welcome)
Thank you :)

ion.blue

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
It already does match up very well. The forum's headers, footers, and color scheme are used. What more is there to match up?
Hmm... It looks like the header and footer are the forum's theme, but the wiki itself is still the original, predominantly white wiki theme (as opposed to the blue look of the forum).:dunno:

Like I said, it's not a big deal :eek:

ion.blue

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Hi Moo, I noticed that the links in the Contents box are wrong. They're supposed to link to anchors on the current page but instead the forum URL is prepended to the links, probably because of this:

HTML:
<base href="http://www.adisc.org/forum/" />
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.