New Video Card Came today!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samaki

Contributor
Role
Well my new video card arrived today, wewt, mom didn't tell me about it until late though, because all my friends were here -.-. Anyways, me and my dad just put it in, and set it up, and let me say, I'm impressed.

At first I didn't notice that much of a graphics change, but then I started looking at some stuff on the internet and saw the difference. Plus it can run WoW on high res, high refresh rate, and high coloring (or whatever it's called) and have about the same lag as my old card had on about medium, not exactly what I was hoping for, but I'm thinking I may have to check for more drivers or something =/.

I don't want to try out any other games right now though, kinda lazy XD, just kinda one look around the internet for a while.

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
What brand? I just got an AMD quad core computer but it has on board graphics. Looking to upgrade and curious about what is out there..

Thx

Samaki

Contributor
Role
It's an 8600, but if you have the money, I would update to something better maybe in the 9 series.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
the best price/preform ace value right now is a ATI 4850 video card. It might cost say 165 bucks but its worth it. Also snapcrotch I hope you got a computer with a PCI Express 16x slot otherwise your stuck with shitty graphics. Also Fallen I tried to download that never driver but I don't want any of those demos so I just check the new driver and its not downloading anything. Also barely any video game supports Ageia Physics.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
Also snapcrotch I hope you got a computer with a PCI Express 16x slot otherwise your stuck with shitty graphics.
Don't forget a 6-pin cable(s) on your 300w+ PSU! hah!

Awesome purchase (*scuffs at WoW* -- try CoD4! :p!), the 8 series is slowly aging, but the 8500GTX surely ain't failing -- so I'm not complaining!

Samaki

Contributor
Role
XD, they 8 series might be failing, but I'm pretty sure that my old video card was in the negative failing position o_O.

Oh also I got a free 11 level demo of Portal, and some peggle game, plus I got free HL DM and HL lost coast, which I already have both I believe, I just never play lost coast.

EDIT: Played COD4 and it was really fun, I realised I didn't like it because it lagged so much, now theres like NOOO lag at all.

Last edited:

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
XD, they 8 series might be failing, but I'm pretty sure that my old video card was in the negative failing position o_O.

Oh also I got a free 11 level demo of Portal, and some peggle game, plus I got free HL DM and HL lost coast, which I already have both I believe, I just never play lost coast.

EDIT: Played COD4 and it was really fun, I realised I didn't like it because it lagged so much, now theres like NOOO lag at all.
Just get The Orange Box. Every game in there is great, Half Life 2: Episode 1 I think is the worst game in it. Anyways its only 39.99 for 5 games.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
o_O, really I thought it was like $90 =/.
The highest its ever been on PC is 49.99 I think the 360 and PS3 charge a extra ten dollars just for it being 360 or PS3 which are far worse then the PC version.

Role
Diaper Lover
I just bought my new computer!!! YAY!
I bought it ONLY for Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Specs-

Q6600 OCed to 3.2ghz
4gb OCZ 1066mhz
nVidia 8800GT OC
Antec 900 case

I love it, does anything i want it to and better!

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
I just bought my new computer!!! YAY!
I bought it ONLY for Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Specs-

Q6600 OCed to 3.2ghz
4gb OCZ 1066mhz
nVidia 8800GT OC
Antec 900 case

I love it, does anything i want it to and better!

Hm, well if that isn't overkill, I don't know what is.

(Oh and nice avatar ;))

D

Deleted member 221

that isnt overkil...THIS IS
•Tt WingRS 100-Black (I WANT THE ANTEC 900)
•Intel Core 2 Duo E6850
•Asus X38 P5E (I WANT THE 790I ULTRA)
•Asus 8800GTS 512 (I WANT THE GTX280 X3 SLI)
•Absolute HD SupremeFX II (I WANT THE XONAR HDAV 1.3)
•WD 750GB 7,200RPM (I WANT THE 1TB)
•Amptac Pyramid 1000w (I WANT Thermaltake 1.2KW)
•Pioneer BD-ROM (I WANT BLU-RAY WRITER)
•Acer 27" LCD TV (I WANT benQ FP241W)
•G15 Gaming Keyboard(old blue lit one)
•G7 Laser Gaming Mouse ~ Cordless (THIS GOOD)
•Altec Lansing 2.1 (THIS ALSO GOOD)
•Sennheiser 465 (THIS THE BEST EVER)
•Team Elite 4GB(2 x 2GB) (VERY GOOD)

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
that isnt overkil...THIS IS
•Tt WingRS 100-Black (I WANT THE ANTEC 900)
•Intel Core 2 Duo E6850
•Asus X38 P5E (I WANT THE 790I ULTRA)
•Asus 8800GTS 512 (I WANT THE GTX280 X3 SLI)
•Absolute HD SupremeFX II (I WANT THE XONAR HDAV 1.3)
•WD 750GB 7,200RPM (I WANT THE 1TB)
•Amptac Pyramid 1000w (I WANT Thermaltake 1.2KW)
•Pioneer BD-ROM (I WANT BLU-RAY WRITER)
•Acer 27" LCD TV (I WANT benQ FP241W)
•G15 Gaming Keyboard(old blue lit one)
•G7 Laser Gaming Mouse ~ Cordless (THIS GOOD)
•Altec Lansing 2.1 (THIS ALSO GOOD)
•Sennheiser 465 (THIS THE BEST EVER)
•Team Elite 4GB(2 x 2GB) (VERY GOOD)

Yes but do you only play Flight Simulator with that? Thats what I was referring to as overkill.

Status
Not open for further replies.