New Tykeables nappy

Crinklesounds

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi Guys

I've seen that the new Tykeables Little Rawrz have now been released, has anyone tried them yet?

If so how are they?

Mine got delivered about an hour ago, first impressions are that they are much softer on the inside than say, the overnights, they are real bulky, walking around in them is more difficult than I remember wearing to be (although it has been like a year since I had the chance :p) The plastic definitely feels thicker. I feel they are a lot more comfortable than the overnights thanks to the bulk and softness.

The designs are cute, sort of faded pastel type designs on the landing zone featuring a big dinosaur (a different one for each different design) alongside some dino footprints and bones and dots, multiple different designs (with those hook and loop tapes which I love) the main body is decorated with little meteors with orange flames and the leg gathers have orange around them.

Not had a chance to test any of the... functional aspects of it yet.

Last edited:
Honestly nothing they make looks impressive to me they all look like granny panties when worn.

Thanks for the mini review Zotan, can you tell me, you say the plastic is thicker, does it have that same textured feel like the overnights have or have they made it smoother, I really like nappies with that smooth plastic and a good crinkle.

So much more crinkle!

Attachments

• 7D46E2A4-9F33-4F84-AE27-AEC79F91BC44.jpeg
    7D46E2A4-9F33-4F84-AE27-AEC79F91BC44.jpeg
    196.8 KB · Views: 141
Reactions: guest and Crinklesounds
Interestingly, my pack was manufactured on the 25/04/19 - these came from China which seems a remarkably quick timeacale considering the sea shipping time to the UK is 25 days, plus transport and customs procedures at either end.

Surely these weren’t air freighted over from China to the UK?

Reactions: ABUTonyUK
I’m a big fan of the overnights, so I was very interested when I seen these appear on nappiesrus, however they had been out of stock until today...but really excited to be receiving a pack of Little Rawz tomorrow 😀 Can’t wait to try them out!

I must say......hugely dissapointed!

I’ve worn one for several hours and there’s no huge difference in absorbency compared to the overnights - if anything, the interior of the nappy is less robust than the overnights due to its holy texture allowing SAP to come through!

I’ve also tested one with water - saturated at 4300ml and started to leak....fell well short of the claimed 6000+ml on the packaging!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DprEffect and mayhem
I haven't been a fan of Tykables products. From trying the overnights, they're pricey for a pack of 10 diapers and although they have pretty nice print, I don't find they fit me well like other diapers do. They're also very hard after putting them on and not soft and poofy like Rearz diapers. They also had a significantly unpleasant odour coming out of the package. I definitely won't be ordering these

Received a full case of Tykables Little rawrs as I ordered them when they sent out an email to early so lucky me to be able to get a full case of what I think is one of the best abdl diapers on the market. Design is awesome and fit and feel is great. Awesome job Tykables

So the main question I have is the diaper size compared to the overnights, are these the same length, width, tape wings? Is the medium or large of these comparable to medium / large of the overnights?

Yes there are comparisons for sure. I think they are much better. They feel much better. They use the same frontal panel with the hook and loop fasteners which I do like. The plastics feels much better. Definitely a huge improvement and glad I got a full case.

Abdlforfun said:
Yes there are comparisons for sure. I think they are much better. They feel much better. They use the same frontal panel with the hook and loop fasteners which I do like. The plastics feels much better. Definitely a huge improvement and glad I got a full case.
I'm just trying to figure out if I'm going to order a case of mediums or larges, I'm literally right on the line, but if the mediums are the same length as the medium overnights then I'll stick w/ mediums. Next question is, are the rear taping wings longer to make the tapes land more in front? I'd hate to order larges only to find out that the tapes will be almost touching each other end to end on the front taping panel or even worse overlapped (like bambino magnifico larges)

Umm I usually only order cases of diapers They are expensive enough as it is but I always feel like your best deal is when you buy a case. As far as the taping that’s a tough question if you are right on the border of medium and large. I would say it’s very close to the overnights as far as that is concerned

Reactions: pampers4U
pampers4U said:
I'm just trying to figure out if I'm going to order a case of mediums or larges, I'm literally right on the line, but if the mediums are the same length as the medium overnights then I'll stick w/ mediums. Next question is, are the rear taping wings longer to make the tapes land more in front? I'd hate to order larges only to find out that the tapes will be almost touching each other end to end on the front taping panel or even worse overlapped (like bambino magnifico larges)

The sizing is more or less the same, it is exactly the same as the Little Rascals and the Pride if you have worn them.

todaler said:
The sizing is more or less the same, it is exactly the same as the Little Rascals and the Pride if you have worn them.
Any eta on when case ordering will start in the lower 48?

pampers4U said:
Any eta on when case ordering will start in the lower 48?
You make it sound as if it were available elsewhere. We expect to begin 40 and 80 count sales in a few weeks for orders on Tykables.com.

Last edited:
Slip92 said:
I must say......hugely dissapointed!

I’ve worn one for several hours and there’s no huge difference in absorbency compared to the overnights - if anything, the interior of the nappy is less robust than the overnights due to its holy texture allowing SAP to come through!

I’ve also tested one with water - saturated at 4300ml and started to leak....fell well short of the claimed 6000+ml on the packaging!
I am sorry to hear that you have had an issue but the inner lining, what you called a holy texture, is no different from what many other brands use. I have not experienced the same issue that you are stating nor has anyone else said anything to use about this. However this is something we will ofcourse watch for in comments and feedback as well address this with the factory in our next production run to ensure there are no issues.

For the 6000ml absorption if you are wearing the diaper it will probably never his this number. The 6000+ml we state uses the same measurement that every other diaper brand, including ABDL brands, set by the ISO (International Standards Organization). This is a standard testing method that removes as many variables as possible including the sault end other mineral levels of your urine, the number and volume of each release and any number of other factors that would ultimately play a part in the absorption. You could have two diapers from the same pack put on two different people and get two totally different results just due to how much coke, coffee, and water they drank that day. We put 6000+ because the number is higher but we know you would almost never reach it so we lowered it but still showing that it would be inline with other products from other companies.

Just got mine. The only disappointment I have is that I only have ten of them. They are bulky, comfortable and the tabs are awesome, allows you to adjust and get that perfect fit. I just need to lose some weight as I am at the higher end of the medium spectrum. I hope they can keep these in stock!

Lonelydl said:
Just got mine. The only disappointment I have is that I only have ten of them. They are bulky, comfortable and the tabs are awesome, allows you to adjust and get that perfect fit. I just need to lose some weight as I am at the higher end of the medium spectrum. I hope they can keep these in stock!
I can all but assure you we will run out before the next shipment gets here. that is why we only allowed for bag only orders. HOWEVER we have more shipments on the way and another run in production now. We are doing everything we can to keep this, and everything else, in stock.

Reactions: Safariwolf
Back