New tykables - puppers

BabyTahani said:
They have small size . I order large size so I cut off the extra wing length so the diaper is a waddle diaper . I like the thick poofy baby diaper feel
None of the diapers on their website come in small ..... just medium, large most ... maybe the odd xlarge - I don’t pay attention to that lol

Tykables seems to have only Mediums and Larges for now, they are expanding to XL on the near future (they have made an announcement with a rough time estimate) and hopefully one day they will expand to Small, but if they dont they probably dont think it's a large enough market

BabyTyrant said:
I have saw those and like the designs, but they are treading dangerously close to heading into a Lawsuit again if Paw Patrol comes after them.

You would think they would know to be more careful because it's easy to do something you end up in a lawsuit over
- Here in the UK ice cream vans and standard public crèche walls are covered in Disney characters ...and Uncle Walt never takes action!!

GO3SBOTHWAY5 said:
- Here in the UK ice cream vans and standard public crèche walls are covered in Disney characters ...and Uncle Walt never takes action!!

Maybe your local courts dont allow lawsuits over stupid things; but over in the USA, people will sue over damn near anything and people have gotten huge settlements over some pretty petty things you think you couldn't sue over due to common sense.

Then again usually Copyrights will let people get away with things that are only Similar, usually granted you dont use a specific brand name (so you could use characters that look like Paw Patrol Characters and you still might be safe in court)

BabyTyrant said:
Then again usually Copyrights will let people get away with things that are only Similar, usually granted you dont use a specific brand name (so you could use characters that look like Paw Patrol Characters and you still might be safe in court)
So true, remember Tykables use to be called snuggies but they were sued for having name that resembled to close to another name.

Sigh yet another diaper from Tykables that I cannot try because their Larges are too small!

pampers4U said:
So true, remember Tykables use to be called snuggies but they were sued for having name that resembled to close to another name.

That was actually more because of the Clothing called Snuggies, which are basically a Robe to keep you Warm on the couch

Though I supposed KC (Huggies) also sent them a Cease and Desist at about the same time

Either way if I were head of a company I would make damn sure my company didn't keep going to court over such lawsuits by avoid anything that might see you going to court

RetroGamerGuy said:
Sigh yet another diaper from Tykables that I cannot try because their Larges are too small!
Someone said they are planning EXL at some point I think they already have some that size . I can put two of me in a large one lol I’m a bit small ☺️

looks like a preschool shell with puppy (along the lines of Little Paws?) art

Eh, they’re okay but they don’t really do anything in particular for me. This does get close to Paw Patrol, and I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a lawsuit at some point, but to me it’s not as enticing as some of their other designs.

Oh wow I'm so excited to get a pack of these and watch paw patrol in a onesie and sucking on a pacifier and have all my stress just melt away can't wait till these are ready to ship :3

• Love
Reactions: NooNoo
I picked them last night at cap, size large and there awesome!!!

Reactions: NooNoo
pampers4U said:
These look awesome!!
I got my order in today. I can't wait until they ship out 😊😊😊

Trying one out for the first time. I think you will like these. If you are on the AB side you should. They are reminiscent of a toddler diaper, just with 2 tapes

While at capcon I split a half case of these in size large with my one friend, being right on the line between medium and large and having the rawrs & galactics in mediums, the puppers in large fit so much more comfortable, less tightness on my hips and less rubbing / friction, so I guess I'm now size large in the tykables line up.
FYI all tykables diapers that have the Velcro tabs are now made from the same diaper, its just different art that separates them from one another.
After getting back from capcon and seeing the potential issues with this virus I ordered and received (2) cases of these, I have worn about 3 packs so far and I'm just impressed with them, these are pretty much the same as rearz barnyards but cheaper, the diaper is very sturdy, soft plastic, excellent strong tabs that can be re-adjusts multiple times, the front landing zone is soft, excellent absorbency and wicking seems pretty good, the fit for me is great, all in all this is a very good diapers and tykables really honed in on there products.

KarmaBaby said:
I want all the tykable diapers but no one cares about us tiny abdl :(. I need small! Aren’t these actually paw patrol dogs? I thought weird they actually got permission to use them. ..... not something I would do if case it hits courts and media, got to be on our best behaviour for mainstream society
I’m only vaguely familiar with that cartoon myself (I’ve only seen a few episodes here and there). When I saw a picture of the product on the web site I actually thought of an older cartoon with Dalmatians in it.

dlboylife said:
I'm a little underwhelmed. They are the same shell diaper as all their other diapers and their just copying paw patrol in my opinion.

Since a lot of us here place a lot of value in the looks when choosing a diaper, putting a new print on an already successful frame can broaden the appeal for a brand. I got a bag to check out, and I think I'm with you on not being too impressed with the print, but Paw Patrol is pretty popular among the littles, and look at how big a success ABU's Little Paws was? (that was also based on an existing frame, initially released as Space, which now has several other print varieties)

I'm not specifically interested in pink diapers, or pony/unicorn themes, but I must admit I really like the Unicorn print, which is just another print on the frame that Puppers is using. They're just trying different promising ideas, trying to see if they can push the right buttons, sometimes buttons we didn't know we even had!

Reactions: TigerDL and Ebabyboy12
I’d like to try Tykables but I’m not really drawn to any of the prints. Apart from the unicorns they all seem very boyish and the unicorns are just a bit too pink/ girly for me. They also all seem very toddlerish rather than babyish, more like the designs you get on pull-ups than diapers. I guess I like pastel colours with nursery style prints. I’m hoping they might bring out something like that at some point, maybe with animal characters like the overnights but in pale yellows/ pinks/ lilacs etc rather than bold primary colours.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Sheepies said:
I mean they've been using these characters for quite a while in some of their other products and haven't been sued
Theoretically, it could be actioned, but a clever defense lawyer could stall litigation for a long time, perhaps indefinitely, in this instance. Paw Patrol's dog characters do use stereotypical associations: a Dalmatian in the fire department, a German Shepherd in law enforcement, even a Bulldog as a tough, utilitarian dog. A judge could (and likely would) see it similarly. But with trends come the copycats...or dogs, in this instance.

It's gone on for years, even decades, even with Strawberry Shortcake, Rainbow Brite, Cabbage Patch Kids, etc. Even automaker Scion copies more trends than they set...but I got a feeling the upcoming worldwide economic crisis is gonna change a lot of things we've become either sleek & comfy with or indifferent to.

KaleidoscopeKitty said:
just a bit too pink/ girly for me. They also all seem very toddlerish rather than babyish, more like the designs you get on pull-ups than diapers. I guess I like pastel colours with nursery style prints.

Nursery-style prints aren't that common yet. Check out LittleForBig. They've got Vintage Baby and Baby Nursery, which are like baby and toddler type prints. The diaper itself is outstanding. Changing Times' Bear Hugs are also pretty nice. (they're a velcro design identical to Tykables)

Rearz had a Vintage Replica some time ago but I don't think they ever ran it again. They were actually using an old Pampers print on their tape panel too. It was printed on their Inspire line, which is medium capacity. All of the current "baby prints" are high or super high capacity.

Reactions: KaleidoscopeKitty
Back