New Star Trek film, anyone seen it yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildThing121675

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Carer
As many know, I am a devout Star Trek fan, but due to work and a family situation I had to miss seeing the new movie with my friends. So, I was wondering if anyone here saw it because I plan to see it sometime in the next week.

I already know the plot thanks be to some idiots I know who couldn't keep their excited yaps shut. Mutters under breath, 'damn freaking nerds.... ruin the movie for me...'

I was wondering what others thought of it.

WildThing121675

PostTenebrasLux

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I am a devout Star Trek fan,
WildThing121675

I too am a devout Star Trek fan. Good to know there are at least two of us on ADISC.

I didn't get to go see it last night, and I think I'll probably just wait for it to get to the second run theaters.

I've heard some things about the film that I can't say I really like...but, whatever. It's entertainment, and I'm confident it'll deliver in that regard.

Could probably go see it today, but the weather's shaping up to be really nice (at least out my window right now), and I'd like to spend some time in that.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
It was awesome!!!!

I'm sorry you already had the movie surprises spoiled for you, but it really is worth seeing.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Parents are going to see it this morning; I'd go but i'm recked after a concert last night.

Maxicoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
Another devout trekky here. As for the movie I plan on going to see it later today. I'm hopeing they keep to the Star trek history at least some what.

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
I think I'll probably just wait for it to get to the second run theaters.

Don't wait. It is best enjoyed on a BIG screen with a proper THX/DTS surround cranked up.

I really enjoyed the movie, and I think, overall, the new cast wears these characters well. My only reservation was Uhura, but it's slight.

M

Mako

For me, I have always been more of a star wars fan and had no real interest in Star Trek until voyager. *ducks the inevitablly thrown something*.

I can't really speak for how much trekkies will like it, but I thought it kicked ass. Didn't tackle any moral topics really, but it was just fun.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I am seeing it on Tuesday in a Imax. It costs 12 bucks.... at 10:25 am!

(Edit: For the record I never liked Star Terk, even when they had Patrick Stewart. However J.J. makes it seem less nerdy yet still has the full star terk feel.)

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I want to go sometime... but I may have to wait a month or so for it go get into the $2 theatre down the road... it's hard for us to afford $7 each just to get into a movie... little lone the popcorn & etc.

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
:D Get a job there, that's what I did. :)

I think I might see it, after I see X-Men 3. :) That is more important to me than the movie based off of a fandom that I've never even seen anything about. (Never seen any Star Wars either.)

Aaaanddd.. 1500 posts!!!!! Heck yeah!!! I'll get you, Darkfinn!!

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I want to go sometime... but I may have to wait a month or so for it go get into the $2 theatre down the road... it's hard for us to afford $7 each just to get into a movie... little lone the popcorn & etc.

I never get snacks at the movies, if anything I'll just bring some gum or a pack of candy that won't melt in a pocket. Such as starbursts and skittles.

When I saw Slumdog Millionaire I bought a small popcorn for a buck but did not get a drink other then a free 8 oz water if that. However I went slow and my mouth never went dry, plus 85 oz of popcorn is a lot for one person. I only ate half of one while seeing the 3rd Death Note last month.

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
Hehehe... that may work for the teens... but I've got a lot more bills to pay, so I'll keep my current job. :D

BLeeeeeh, bills... >.>

If I don't get promoted by the time I go to college, I'm quitting...

It's been three years god dang it...

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I never get snacks at the movies, if anything I'll just bring some gum or a pack of candy that won't melt in a pocket.

...plus 85 oz of popcorn is a lot for one person.

*pats his tummy* But ya see... popcorn is one of my favorite foods... and I have a healthy appetite for it. I have to get the large.

That and I have to get the large drink too... why get up for the bathroom when you have a diaper?

M

Mako

I never get snacks at the movies, if anything I'll just bring some gum or a pack of candy that won't melt in a pocket. Such as starbursts and skittles.

When I saw Slumdog Millionaire I bought a small popcorn for a buck but did not get a drink other then a free 8 oz water if that. However I went slow and my mouth never went dry, plus 85 oz of popcorn is a lot for one person. I only ate half of one while seeing the 3rd Death Note last month.
You guys need to learn the fine art of sneaking in food. :3

Anon E. Mouse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I saw it. I enjoyed Spocklar/Sylock.

Not a huge trekky, but it's definitely worth seeing. Be sure to stay till after the credits.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
You guys need to learn the fine art of sneaking in food. :3

I almost always sneak in food, but it's always candy or gum. A few times me and my dad sneaked in 12 oz can's of soda and I heard others pop open some as well.

The problem is lack of pockets.

ScubaSteve

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
It was a blast from start to finish. Loved every minute of it and I wouldn't change a thing about any of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.