New single tab diaper in USA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GolfCub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Will a reasonably priced single tab adult diaper be sold in the United States anytime soon?

EPO1

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
  2. Other
Wait... my crystal ball shows weird static images and I see diapers... diapers....

Tygon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Tena Stretch Super is single tabbed and in the US market. Also reasonably priced.

GolfCub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I'm really small, 4'11 with a 27 inch waist Will they fit me? My hips are 33' but then again I have powerfully muscled legs.

Poohbearboy

baby age toddler
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
You can make a signal tape diaper with the normal 2 tape adult diaper by just folding in the bottom part and just tape the top up. it will hold with out leaks as I have try it with plastic back / cloth ones.

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
You can make a signal tape diaper with the normal 2 tape adult diaper by just folding in the bottom part and just tape the top up. it will hold with out leaks as I have try it with plastic back / cloth ones.

Or just cut off a triangular shaped wedge off the lower back wings, removing the lower tape entirely

but that will severely weaken things. more tape pops, broken tapes, tapes pulled off the back, etc. That may be a bigger problem than more leaks.

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Well, there's Kendall/Covidien "Wings" -- $52 for a case of 96 diapers. Never tried 'em myself. They look pretty basic, and they're cloth-like, but they're single-tab.

I believe the OP means "one tape per side". I did an images search for kendall and those are definitely two tapes per side. If you meant no "double tapes", I don' think that's what the OP was referring to.

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I believe the OP means "one tape per side". I did an images search for kendall and those are definitely two tapes per side. If you meant no "double tapes", I don' think that's what the OP was referring to.

They have both kinds. Did you follow my link? Also, when searching, include keyword "uni-tab" -- their trademark for single-tab diapers.

Llayden

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Tena stretch is single tab. It is also very effective and comfortable while being affordable and available.

babyoni

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
kendall simplicity plus 3d is single tape and is plastic backed if they haven't changed at all. decent absorbency, tape could be wider and longer but it works. don't bedwet so wouldn't know how it would work for ya but daytime wetting standing up, it was pretty good.

jeremyi

Rep for DC
Company Rep
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
If I may ask, why does it have to be single tabbed? Is it for increased versatility or is it just a novelty? Because I see very few practical reasons to have single tabs. You won't get as good protection or fit as you would with the double tabs so unless you're doing gymnastics or pole vaulting there's not much justification to narrowing your search to single tabs.

Essentially, in the world of diapers, you get what you pay for. If ABUs are out of your price range, and tbh ABUs are actually on the cheaper side, then your selection's going to be limited.

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
If I may ask, why does it have to be single tabbed? Is it for increased versatility or is it just a novelty? Because I see very few practical reasons to have single tabs. You won't get as good protection or fit as you would with the double tabs so unless you're doing gymnastics or pole vaulting there's not much justification to narrowing your search to single tabs.

Well, the usual answer is that single tabs are a feature of baby diapers, and many of us prefer diapers that resemble (in some ways) baby diapers.

I remain firmly of the opinion that double- and triple-tab sides on adult diapers are simply the poor man's version of elastic sides. In other words, you use them to tailor the fit because there's no elastic there to do it for you. If you have big elastic wings, like on the TENA "Stretch" diapers, then I'd ask, "Why not single tabs?" Multiple tabs are just a cost-cutting measure.

Now, these Covidien/Kendall diapers -- as well as Cushies -- don't have elastic sides, so they're stranded in the middle. The fit is going to be very hit-or-miss. That is a common complaint about Cushies, anyway, and it makes perfect sense. In many brands, adults only get a couple of diaper sizes, so there has to be some way to adjust the fit of the sides. It can be either semi-automatic (elastic wings) or full manual (multiple tabs).

Personally, I prefer single tabs. I regret that the options are so limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.