New plastic backed Tena Slip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overnight

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hurray! This is great news. I am ordering now, I await with baited breath to see if the wings ruin it or not.

tiny

Contributor
Role
  1. Private
i thought Tena were remove all pvc backed products in favor of cotton feel,

They have... just like Abena have officially discontinued their plastic-backed diapers... Yet somehow certain retailers (like Save Express) still seem to be able to get the plastic-backed versions... which is very fortunate!

The standard (I won't call them "original" to avoid confusion!) Tena Slips with the plastic-backsheet are also available from Save Express:
http://www.saveexpress.de/en/inkont...m-weiss/lila-15.25.03.1081-folie-24er-packung

N.B. The word "folie" is used by Save Express to indicate plastic-backing.

nilson

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
They have... just like Abena have officially discontinued their plastic-backed diapers... Yet somehow certain retailers (like Save Express) still seem to be able to get the plastic-backed versions... which is very fortunate!

The standard (I won't call them "original" to avoid confusion!) Tena Slips with the plastic-backsheet are also available from Save Express:
http://www.saveexpress.de/en/inkont...m-weiss/lila-15.25.03.1081-folie-24er-packung

N.B. The word "folie" is used by Save Express to indicate plastic-backing.

Y
ep but on the original they advise that the produktion has ceased in december. so i think that one will dissapear

I must try the new ones, but currently my diaperstock is more than full .

Monkeypuzzler

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
That's good news, hopefully in time they will have widespread availability.

Rather interesting that in less than a year since going cloth they bring out a new product with plastic backing, suppose that was enough time for them to realise there is still a strong market for plastic and responded accordingly.

Seems to be a bit of trend among many manufacturers:
1. Change to cloth backing with all the usual 'new and improved' hype.
2. Loose market share to those still producing plastic backed products.
3. Release a new plastic backed product.

Aidy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Carer
I actually prefer the cloth back and was happy that they changed. It fit me better, allowed for easier retaping and was more comfortable for long wears for me. Cloth backing also makes me feel like more of a modern baby. If I wanted to feel like when I was a kid I'd be wearing terry nappies.

Vinylfeet

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
It seems like putting breathable wings is a bad compromise. If any urine happens to run that way then I'd expect a leak.

MaxiPad89

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
It's worth a shot. Really, at the rate we're losing plastic backed, I'm more than happy to compromise on this. Besides, plastic or breathable, you're probably going to leak if you hit the wings regardless.

And keep in mind, these aren't made with ABDLs in mind. Pretty much anyone who isn't ABDL (and I'm hoping some ABDLs) aren't wearing these to completely full capacity - it's just gross. But I don't think it'll be a problem.

Any idea when these are expected to be more widely available?

bambinobaby

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Bambino Diapers still sells the original plastic-backed Tena Slip Maxis. They are in-stock, too.

polarbaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Bambino Diapers still sells the original plastic-backed Tena Slip Maxis. They are in-stock, too.

Yes, but they're now out of production and supply is limited. Which is why it's nice to see a "new" version coming out in plastic.

P

PyjamaBaby

I have some of the original and I've just ordered some of the new ones. I'm interested to see the difference

IzzyFox

Just an oddball fur in a diaper.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
It's worth a shot. Really, at the rate we're losing plastic backed, I'm more than happy to compromise on this. Besides, plastic or breathable, you're probably going to leak if you hit the wings regardless.

And keep in mind, these aren't made with ABDLs in mind. Pretty much anyone who isn't ABDL (and I'm hoping some ABDLs) aren't wearing these to completely full capacity - it's just gross. But I don't think it'll be a problem.

Any idea when these are expected to be more widely available?

I do find this new diaper a bit odd with such a "hybrid" approach, but I am willing to give it a try in the future; I am also dismayed with the disappearance of plastic backed diapers. I am not surprised by such a thing, though, for as you have noted, AB and DL types are far from being the most profitable demographic for major diaper manufacturers.

5thgear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have some of the original and I've just ordered some of the new ones. I'm interested to see the difference

I also have a partial bag of the old Tena Slip Maxi with plastic backing. It looks like these new "Original" slips are designed to be more like a baby diaper (padding is rectangular and not extended out into the wings) which I've been looking forward to for a long time. I hate the way the padding looks on most adult diapers....you don't see a baby diaper with 'round' padding, so why should adult ones be any different? Maybe they were going for concealment or something. I suppose having a big rectangular bulge might be a bit obvious to bystanders, eh?

I, for one, am looking forward to receiving my fairly substantial order (2x medium plus, 2x medium super, 1x medium maxi= 144 nappies!) and I will be posting pictures as soon as I get them.

MaxiPad89

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
you don't see a baby diaper with 'round' padding, so why should adult ones be any different?

Because they don't make adult diapers to resemble baby diapers? I can promise there is no one who works at a diaper company that sets out to make their diapers more like a babies. Other than AB Universe, I don't know of any diapers that used the rectangular thing.

It's fine that some of us want to feel little, but remember, these products aren't made to be babyish.

BigKid25

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
I also have a partial bag of the old Tena Slip Maxi with plastic backing. It looks like these new "Original" slips are designed to be more like a baby diaper (padding is rectangular and not extended out into the wings) which I've been looking forward to for a long time. I hate the way the padding looks on most adult diapers....you don't see a baby diaper with 'round' padding, so why should adult ones be any different? Maybe they were going for concealment or something. I suppose having a big rectangular bulge might be a bit obvious to bystanders, eh?

I don't think looks were taken into account on that one. Baby diapers are usually changed pretty frequently and the amount of urine being produced isn't even remotely close to an adults. Adults need something with more padding, and something to account for... umm.... (how do I say this?) pointer problems on guys. Or side sleepers too. The extended wing padding can grab urine much better than just a simple rectangular design. It's more coverage.

Monkeypuzzler

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
The rectangular design seems to go hand in hand with the materials used for the backsheet. with plastic backing it is one piece and the hourglass shaped padding can be used.

With cloth backing the central part has a very thin plastic layer bonded to the cloth like outer and then the wings, which don't tend to be waterproof are glued on. This prevents an hourglass shape padding being used.

Examples of this would include Moilcare soft and the horrible new Tena slip. Baby nappies also have a similar costruction.

Bugi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hello All, I got myself a pack of these nappies. It is plastic backed with breathable sides. Seems to be slightly smaller than "ordinary" tenas and also slightly less absorbent (but still very good). They are also very thin and discreet. There is however a quality issue; it tends to break in the place where plastic is connected to the breathable side especially when it is snugly fitted. It generally doesn't seem very well manufactured. Looks like a kind of budget version. In fact I find the new fully breathable tena maxi slip a lot better, even from the previous, fully plastic covered one. I will post some pics later.

Luckyfish

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
My sweating was from the sides so if this is the gold standard my, I'm pretty happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.