• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

New person-ness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutmeg

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
Hi.
Call me Nutmeg.
I'm introducing myself.
I'm female, lesbian, and have a girlfriend.
I'm not sharing tooo many personal details, just because I don't want found out.
She doesn't approve of the things I'm into, calling infantilism "weird." Yes, it did crop up in conversation, we watched a television show that touched on it.
I'm in college. Yep.

TheFoxxehAssassin

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
That was a very interesting opening message! Hah, just kidding. But seriously, welcome, and if you need some help, don't be afraid to holler at someone. We're friendly... most of us...

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer, Private
Welcome, and enjoy your stay!

About your gf, how much of this does she actually know about. Without all of the information, this is a very strange and disturbing thing. but if all of the facts are known, people tend to worry less about it and hold at least a low level of acceptance.

Nutmeg

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
Thank you, both of you. I'd like to get to know people better, and read around, ect. Takes a while for me to trust. O.O

But she knows the basics. CSI ran a show on it one time. She has a very negative view on it, and while she's open minded, she's not THAT open minded.

She's got a limited knowledge though, just what it's basically all about, but she doesn't get the meaning or anything behind it.

I don't think explaining it would go over well, sadly enough.

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
I'd love to smoke you some time. PM me when you get the joke.

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
We know about that CSI show, (At least a lot of us do.)

Give her a different explanation, like just something that you "happened to find" on the internet. The CSI show isn't a good explanation at all.

Nutmeg

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
Yeahhhh...
I'm not sure I could actually explain it to her in a way that she'd be okay with it. We've been together for 8 months, which isn't a terribly long time in the scheme of things...
*~shrugs~* I'd like her to be accepting of it, but I don't see that happening. So, actually, I don't know precisely what I'm on the board for... understanding maybe? I don't know.

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
There's a lot of people here, for a lot of different things.

How about just talking?

ADISC is the ultimate Renaissance Man. It's a master at a lot of different things, and a lot of different topics.

Nutmeg

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
=)
That works, yes.
Thank you for spending time talking to a newbie like me.
I probably should have just lurked more, but I was eager to jump into it.

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
Aw, naw. I jumped right in also, when I first started.

But I stayed away from the forums, they scared me. I was on IRC the for about four solid months before I even CONSIDERED posting on the forums. =)

Mitsukuni

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Sissy
Hey there, welcome to ADISC. I'm a lesbian with a girlfriend as well.
Hope you enjoy your stay here!
--Kate </3

Nutmeg

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
... I'm on a Mac. I have noooooo clue if irc works on a mac... I might have to look. O.O

Thanks Mitsukuni/Kate. :)

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
Hmm.. Interesting dilemma.. That'll be fun to find out. =)

You can always use some form of a website or another, I suppose.

Aki

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
If it doesn't, using Windows Emulator is worth a shot. :3
Anyway. Welcome! ^^

Hans

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I'm having the same problem, I can't get irc to run on my mac.. the wiki isn't telling me shit, unless I'm that retarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.