New Paci Mod Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piplup

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
This is for all the DIY pacifier modifiers out there! You may recall a post I made a while back about how to take apart a MAM pacifier for modification.

http://www.adisc.org/forum/adult-baby/58831-i-modified-my-nuk-5-a.html

The problem with this method is that it can cause damage to the guard and button, 2 pacis have to sacrificed, and it's very time consuming.

So the other night I came up with a new, faster, easier, and cleaner way to take apart MAM pacis! I'm hoping this method would also work on other button-style pacifiers. Anyway, heres the new how-to video!!

How to take apart a MAM pacifier - YouTube

Enjoy!

Nadia

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Can you do this with the Mam Air because that is what I have but I do not want to break the shield?

Piplup

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
You, lady, are my hero

Vexxus! (squeeeeze) I'm so glad you saw this post! I was going to message you about it.

Can you do this with the Mam Air because that is what I have but I do not want to break the shield?

Well as long as it's constructed the same way, it should work. But I see what you mean about the shield. I don't think it would break, but it might be too flexible. Do you have one you could test this with?

Nadia

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Well as long as it's constructed the same way, it should work. But I see what you mean about the shield. I don't think it would break, but it might be too flexible. Do you have one you could test this with?

I have more than one yes, I'll try it but I am so afraid it will break.

DeftLeppard

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Carer
When I did my Nuk today, I just kinda winged it..... (though I bought a few spares to practice on too)
turned out great:)
Nuk3custom[1].jpg

Piplup

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
When I did my Nuk today, I just kinda winged it..... (though I bought a few spares to practice on too)
turned out great:)
View attachment 16179

That looks awesome! One of the great thing about NUKs is you have so may color and design options... I just wish the teat wasn't so high up on the guard. Just doesn't feel as good on my face for some reason :dunno:

Awesome! I just picked up 2 MUM pacifiers today, love em:hug:

Yay! MAMs are my favorite :)

DeftLeppard

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Carer
Thanks! The guard came off a Nuk 2 and teat is a Nuk 3. I was bummed that they did not offer this design in size 3:( ill do the same thing if I get a Nuk 5. Taking apart the size 2s are a pain! The 3s are much easier....

sambus

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I want a silicone size 5 teat so I can mod a MAM shield with that. I believe you can buy silicone size 5's from somewhere online, but the whole dummy not just the teat which is what I want.
Anyone know if you can get the teats?

Binky

Rep for Binkygirl AB Creations
Company Rep
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Tried out your method
IMG_0287.jpg

This is for all the DIY pacifier modifiers out there! You may recall a post I made a while back about how to take apart a MAM pacifier for modification.

http://www.adisc.org/forum/adult-baby/58831-i-modified-my-nuk-5-a.html

The problem with this method is that it can cause damage to the guard and button, 2 pacis have to sacrificed, and it's very time consuming.

So the other night I came up with a new, faster, easier, and cleaner way to take apart MAM pacis! I'm hoping this method would also work on other button-style pacifiers. Anyway, heres the new how-to video!!

How to take apart a MAM pacifier - YouTube

Enjoy!

oib

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Actually it's possible to disassemble MAM pacifiers by brute force with your hands, and it wont damage the teat or the guard :D I think there's a youtube video somewhere where it's shown how to do it...
Great guide though! Probably alot easier than removing it with your hands :)

Status
Not open for further replies.