• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

New on the forum (from the UK)

Pampered1982 said:
Hello.

I am a ABDL 37 year old male who is very shy - and new on here. I would like to meet like minded people and others ideally.
Hi and welcome, mate. I hope you have a great time here.

Welome! I was born in the 70's but it was the early 80's when I discovered my interest. And yes the first pack of nappies l purchased where plastic backed but they did not fit! I used to wear them back to front and stick the tapes to my skin and the pull my pants up over them.
I have great weekend guys!

Arlikra said:
I was born in the late 80s, does that count?
You’re practically still in nappies! Oh, hang on a minute... :LOL:

DLBoy101 said:
Hey! I'm brand new to the board too so you're not the only one who's new here 😁 welcome to the board! I'm UK as well.
Hi hope all good

we

PCS said:
@abrich Heehee! We need a new sub-forum for 80s-born Brits! There seem to be more and more of us here all the time! I’m certainly seeing the word “nappies” (as opposed to “diapers”) popping up here more often than used to be the case.

@Pampered1982 I often find that other people’s recollections often jog fond memories of my own, so feel free to post anything of interest that you remember, however random you may think it is.

I’d be interested to know whether either of you remember the original Boots Staydry Maxi Brief Style adult nappies (plastic backed, blue packaging) that was the “gateway drug” for many of us.

I have never been able to find a picture of these online and would be interested to hear whether your memories of them match mine, if you ever had them.

Also, have either of you ever been to Nappies R Us (aka Incontinence Shop) in person? I’ve been to the Aylesbury branch when I was on a work trip down South. It was great- it’s laid out like a supermarket so you just pick up what you want, take it to the counter, pay and go. They’re so friendly but “no questions asked”.

The ABDL nappies are “under the counter” but if you just ask for them in a matter of fact way they will just fetch them for you without raising an eyebrow. The very fact that they stock them means that they must know there’s a recreational market for adult nappies...

Anyway, I’m rambling now so I’ll say nighty night!
Hi PCS,

I'd just miss out on the 80s Baby Group by a few months, but I hope I'd still be allowed to join! :) I was still a baby in the 1980s (well, I'm still a baby now, but you know what I mean…). I'm glad that 'nappy' and 'nappies' are being used here. I know it's just the words that we grew up with, but I find them powerful in a way that 'diaper' and 'diapers' just aren't. I appreciate that this would be the other way around for anyone from the US though!

I do remember the Boots Staydry range, and they were certainly something I used as much as I could when I was a teenager. In the mid-90s, they would often be available in an individual pack (I think it was just one, but it could have been two). They weren't always in stock, but when they were it used to make my Saturday! I don't remember very much about the packaging I'm afraid…

In my last year of secondary school, we were sent off to do two weeks of work experience. I bought one of the full packs of the Boots Staydry nappies, and hid them in the local park, where they remained untouched for a few days. I would wear them at lunchtimes, and even wore them in the afternoons in the office a few times. I'm not sure whether or not anyone noticed; if they did, they certainly didn't say anything.

I've ordered lots of things from Nappies R Us, and I've always found them to be excellent and really friendly and helpful. I haven't ever had the chance to visit them, but it would be interesting to do so!

Take care.

Reactions: ChocChip
@abrich

I think you would qualify given you were wearing them then! Lol!

Yes, I remember that the Staydry Maxi came in sample packs of a single one and you could also get the “Super Plus with Belt” that came in sample packs of two.

The Maxis (to my recollection) were plastic backed, had 4 tapes (but no landing strip or second chance tapes), an elastics red waistband and diamond shaped quilting in the padding.

I think the padding was oblong and did not extend into the wings, and I can’t remember if they had leak guards.

I remember having one particular Saturday afternoon to myself in the house with one once aged about 13 that was just blissful as I knew I wouldn’t be disturbed. I was able to soak it from back to front and the feeling was just electric.

Most of my Boots Staydry fun at that time was on trains or (if I was feeling brave) at night.

Reactions: abrich and ChocChip
Pampered1982 said:
Hello.

I am a ABDL 37 year old male who is very shy - and new on here. I would like to meet like minded people and others ideally.
Hi Pampered, new here too, where are you from in UK?

abrich said:
Hi PCS,

I'd just miss out on the 80s Baby Group by a few months, but I hope I'd still be allowed to join! :) I was still a baby in the 1980s (well, I'm still a baby now, but you know what I mean…). I'm glad that 'nappy' and 'nappies' are being used here. I know it's just the words that we grew up with, but I find them powerful in a way that 'diaper' and 'diapers' just aren't. I appreciate that this would be the other way around for anyone from the US though!

I do remember the Boots Staydry range, and they were certainly something I used as much as I could when I was a teenager. In the mid-90s, they would often be available in an individual pack (I think it was just one, but it could have been two). They weren't always in stock, but when they were it used to make my Saturday! I don't remember very much about the packaging I'm afraid…

In my last year of secondary school, we were sent off to do two weeks of work experience. I bought one of the full packs of the Boots Staydry nappies, and hid them in the local park, where they remained untouched for a few days. I would wear them at lunchtimes, and even wore them in the afternoons in the office a few times. I'm not sure whether or not anyone noticed; if they did, they certainly didn't say anything.

I've ordered lots of things from Nappies R Us, and I've always found them to be excellent and really friendly and helpful. I haven't ever had the chance to visit them, but it would be interesting to do so!

Take care.
Hi I am desperate to meet someone to share my nappy love with but it says you are not supposed to mention meeting people, is that totally banned? Thought I would ask you as it says you are an estableshed contibutor!!! :)

PCS said:
@abrich

I think you would qualify given you were wearing them then! Lol!

Yes, I remember that the Staydry Maxi came in sample packs of a single one and you could also get the “Super Plus with Belt” that came in sample packs of two.

The Maxis (to my recollection) were plastic backed, had 4 tapes (but no landing strip or second chance tapes), an elastics red waistband and diamond shaped quilting in the padding.

I think the padding was oblong and did not extend into the wings, and I can’t remember if they had leak guards.

I remember having one particular Saturday afternoon to myself in the house with one once aged about 13 that was just blissful as I knew I wouldn’t be disturbed. I was able to soak it from back to front and the feeling was just electric.

Most of my Boots Staydry fun at that time was on trains or (if I was feeling brave) at night.
Hi @PCS,

I'm glad that I'd be allowed in! Yes, I was certainly wearing nappies in the 1980s!

I think I really lived through that transition from terry nappies to disposables, as I can remember wearing both types at night. Sadly, I don't remember being in nappies during the day or my (daytime) potty training. I think I probably wore disposables more than terries towards the end though, as I can distinctly remember getting a nappy out of a box of Pampers ready for my mum to dress me for bed.

The samples packs were wonderful, but they weren't always available in the town I lived in. I used to look forward to going to a larger town or city if I knew I would have some time on my own, as I'd always make a beeline for Boots to get the single packs. The nappies were indeed plastic backed with four tapes, and they had quite a prominent wetness indicator, which I didn't like at first, as it made them look less like the plain white disposable nappies I remembered from my nighttime nappies. If I had the money, I would sometimes just buy a full pack if the singles weren't available, and just end up having to dump most of them.

I also remember the twin packs of the "belted undergarments" as I think they had somewhere in the labelling. Sometimes, this was all I could get, and although I liked the feeling between my legs, they didn't have the security I wanted, and they always felt a little loose. They weren't quite what I was looking for, but better than nothing.

I didn't get much chance to wear nappies at home when I first discovered Boots Staydry, but as I got older and my parents started leaving me on my own a bit more, I would sometimes get to smuggle some in and wear them and use them. For the most part though, I was limited to just wearing and using the nappies when I was out and about in the town centre… Happy days!

Naughtyeric said:
Hi I am desperate to meet someone to share my nappy love with but it says you are not supposed to mention meeting people, is that totally banned? Thought I would ask you as it says you are an estableshed contibutor!!! :)
Hi @Naughtyeric,

I'm not really the best person to ask I'm afraid… I haven't been on the site all that long, but I do enjoy posting here, and I think that's the only reason I've got the 'established contributor' status.

I've found the moderators here very friendly and approachable, so I'd suggest asking them to clarify the rules if there's anything you're unsure of. I think there's been conversations about group meet ups, so perhaps that's OK but 'personal ads' are not allowed? Anyway, best to check with the moderators.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Take care

OK thanks, I appreciate the advise :)

Reactions: abrich
Hi Pampered, I am fairly new here too. Also from the UK and similar to you I would really like to meet some people in real life to share this passion with. This is a great place to chat and I am loving it, but they do make it clear this is not really intended for hook-ups. I have been searching and there is a UK nappy hook-up site called Nappydate and I have joined, there are people from all over the world but as its a based in this country I am hoping there will be far more chances to meet someone without having to get on a plane! Are you looking for just a Daddy or another wearer too? I am quite a bit older than you, also a baby and little, but can be a daddy with the right person :)

Naughtyeric said:
OK thanks, I appreciate the advise :)
Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Take care.

Naughtyeric said:
Hi Pampered, I am fairly new here too. Also from the UK and similar to you I would really like to meet some people in real life to share this passion with. This is a great place to chat and I am loving it, but they do make it clear this is not really intended for hook-ups. I have been searching and there is a UK nappy hook-up site called Nappydate and I have joined, there are people from all over the world but as its a based in this country I am hoping there will be far more chances to meet someone without having to get on a plane! Are you looking for just a Daddy or another wearer too? I am quite a bit older than you, also a baby and little, but can be a daddy with the right person :)
I'd be interested to hear more about Nappydate, as it's not one that I've come across before. Would you recommend it? What's the privacy like?

Reactions: Jellytots
abrich said:
I'd be interested to hear more about Nappydate, as it's not one that I've come across before. Would you recommend it? What's the privacy like?
Yes it seems a good site and is private, you can choose a username like on here, you do have to upload a pic or avatar but doesn't have to be a face pic. Its new according to blog but seems to be getting quite a few members and is from UK. Have had a few good chats and 1 Poss hook-up in discussion!! Its free as long as you create more than just basic profile but you still dont need to give personal details when you do that so all good . Maybe see you on there :)

Didnt mean to butt in on your chat Naughty but saw you were talking about Nappydate in UK, so thought i would add the comment X

Pampered1982 said:
Hello.

Hello, welcome to ADISC 😁

Hi DeanHow :) (y)

Back