New movies 2008-2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
I was just poking around on the internet and I found we are going to be having some good movies come out over the next year and a half.

• Max Payne-10/17/08
  • The Day Earth Stood Still-12/12/08
  • Dragonball-4/8/09
  • Wolverine-5/1/09
  • A Team-6/12/09

This thread is to discuss anything about new movies that are coming out and if you could find any new information about the movies on the list above please post it here.

Aki

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
What about Harry Potter 6? >.> November 21st, I believe.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
A Team won't be that great, I don't think...Since they don't have the original people...Why ruin the first Day the Earth Stood Still with a new one?

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
A Team won't be that great, I don't think...Since they don't have the original people...Why ruin the first Day the Earth Stood Still with a new one?
You make a good point, I saw that movie in Enlgish class a few weeks ago it was really well done for a movie out of the 50's.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
They are remaking so many movies these days...And making a lot of unecessary sequels

g6s

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
indiana jones 4?
dark knight
hulk
iron man

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
The Indiana Jones is called Indiana Jones and the Crystal Key or egg or something I think...I could be wrong, and I'm too lazy to look it up...I don't know how the Hulk will be...I didn't even bother seeing the other...Dark Knight looks good, although I don't know how how Heath Ledger's death effected it...Iron Man looks...Somewhat good

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
I can't wait to see Dark Knight (RIP Heath Ledger :()...I really liked Batman Begins. Although the A-Team movie will probably sucks (as will alot of these remakes they're doing) they will get people to watch the originals(or tv shows), which is always a good thing.

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
Can't wait to see Harold and Kumar Escape Guantanamo Bay

Monkey

Banned
Role
Adult Baby
Not so much a revelation but since I've worked at my theater my interest in film has boomed dramatically. My collection of films is growing bigger at a much faster rate than before I'm engulfed by all things movie day after day. Nowadays I keep up with upcoming films and watch newly released trailers, read forums about movies etc...etc whereas before I was practically unaware of when which film was being released, the only time I saw trailers was in previews when I saw some crappy film that I didn't know all that much about...

I'm looking forward to Iron Man, The Dark Knight, Wall-E and Speed Racer this year. I've watched the teaser trailers for each of these movies countless times. I've never cared for the Indiana Jones trilogy personally aside from the first movie I didn't think the following sequels were very good, I'm dubious whether or not I'll see Crystal Skull immediately after its release, nevertheless I'll end up watching it eventually

As much as I want to look forward to The Incredible Hulk remake / sequel(?) the character really disinterests me, always has. The first modern hulk bored me.

Last edited:

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Monster. Though the movie version cannot possibly be more intense than the animated series. :p

BabyMullet

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Speed Racer, that looks like a major acid trip speeding at 600 mph and in a PG rated package.

Iron Man, mainly because the local movie theater lets me spin poi during the credits of movies, which makes for a fun performance.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
I took a list of the anticipated movies, and am now giving my opinion
Max Payne - No, just no.
The Day Earth Stood Still - Meh take it or leave it.
Dragonball - God no, please, for the love of humanity why?!
Wolverine - First 3 sucked.
A Team - Hell yeah!
Avatar - Failure of a kids/tv show that should not be on screen.
indiana jones 4 - Yes Yes and YES!
dark knight - Will be a great remake
hulk - First one sucked
iron man - Take it or leave it... meh

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
Maybe I'm being too critical again, or maybe a lot of movies that are coming out now have no plot or storyline, and are only produced for a few extra lunches for the producers.

There seems to be a bit of a plot "template" for some movies. The most predominant of which seems to be a one night stand gone horribly wrong.

Another off-topic thing, an example is the South Park episode "The Biggest Douche in the Universe".

Rob Schneider is... a stapler!
Rob Schneider is... a carrot!
Rob Schneider is... Kenny!

Reactions: Moo

Silikon

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Forgetting Sarah Marshall won't disappoint. The guys who were behind the 40 year old virgin/knocked up/superbad line of movies always make good, original, comedic films so this shouldn't be any different, although it seems more chick flicky than knocked up was.

Also, Pineapple Express looks funny too (red-band trailer is great, plus it's on the Unrated Superbad dvd as a 5 min clip if you have the dvd). Plus it'll be the first R rated movie to come out that I want to see that I can legally see without anyone (since i'll be 17 when it comes out :)) so i'm definitely going to see that.
Oh and a trailer since no one's said anything about it:
Pineapple Express

Other than that not much i'm dying to see. There will be the hyped summer movies of course but most of them suck so i'm not holding my breath for anything other than HP6 in late 08.

Now for 2009...CRANK 2!

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Now for 2009...CRANK 2!
....How....?

Crank was one of my favourite movies (as are all of Statham's flicks) but he's already dead! What kind of crazy-ass plotholes are they going to work with, here? :dunno:

Silikon

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
....How....?

Crank was one of my favourite movies (as are all of Statham's flicks) but he's already dead! What kind of crazy-ass plotholes are they going to work with, here? :dunno:
Well...he never died if you remember correctly :p. Remember the heart beat and his eyes blinking right before the screen went black?

Also the entire movie was unrealistic and is supposed to be like a live-action video game.

Here:
http://imdb.com/title/tt1121931/

If you don't want to read that, it's more or less the same, except this time a Chinese mobster replaces his heart with a bomb and Chev has to keep it running on jolts of electricity from...andrenaline rushes.

Now THIS time it doesn't sound like there could be a 3rd as if it's anything like the first...he'll blow up at the end.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Well...he never died if you remember correctly :p. Remember the heart beat and his eyes blinking right before the screen went black?

Also the entire movie was unrealistic and is supposed to be like a live-action video game.

Here:
http://imdb.com/title/tt1121931/

If you don't want to read that, it's more or less the same, except this time a Chinese mobster replaces his heart with a bomb and Chev has to keep it running on jolts of electricity from...adrenaline rushes.

Now THIS time it doesn't sound like there could be a 3rd as if it's anything like the first...he'll blow up at the end.
Yeah, I went to imdb when I read your post...I forgot that the screen went blank at the end. I just assumed he died. Oh well, if Crank 2 is half as good as the first one, it'll be awesome :D

Last edited:

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
There is also supposed to be a Transporter 3 (2009 or 2010, I forget)...Crank is super good, although I don't know what the plot will be since he killed everyone...

Status
Not open for further replies.