New mom here.

DiaperLover24 said:
I second this, no kids. If the mom wants to discuss and ask questions and then tell her kid what people write on here, fine no problem. BUT NO KIDS, NO EXCEPTIONS.
My point exactly, not to mention INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.

Reactions: chrischrischris
Hello and welcome. I think it's great you're being so supportive of your son, though as mentioned by others, it's very important for him to be diapering and changing himself. And being very aware of keeping good hygiene. At that age, if anything kids are absolutely brutal and I'm sure the last thing you'd want would be for him to be bullied for being a stinky kid who still wears diapers. Overall though, it's good he found something harmless that brings him so much joy. Especially at that crucial emotionally turbulent age. Who knows, maybe it's just a phase and he'll grow out of it. Maybe not. Rest assured though, it certainly doesn't mean he won't grow up to be a perfectly functional member of society. My facination with diapers started around age 11 too. Like your son, I'm high functioning and on the spectrum, but still got great grades in school, got a college degree, and recently started working as a scientist.

It's obvious you love and care very much for your son, and he's incredibly lucky to have someone like you there for him. Best wishes

• Love
Reactions: Rezzu, Lightstreak2553, Traveller and 2 others
chrischrischris said:
So
Sorry I do understand but this about adults acting as children . don't mean any harm .no real children should not be discussed.
I wish you all the best .
Since when are adults forbidden to ask support on this forum regarding their child wearing incontinence supplies more than needed? To me this does not relate to AB and i can understand she wants advice.
The rule is that minors themselves are not allowed to log in here to ask stuff.

Depending on the development of the child with autism, need for daytime protection can occur later on anyway.
But it depends from person to person. Yet if it makes him more at peace and happy i think it's a better way to live.
Some parents have a lot of trouble with autistic children because they don't always understand it or what the child needs/wants.

Reactions: TigerDL, babybobby, 12srepaid and 5 others
First off, OP, this one of the better places to research the experiences of ABs and DLs and how that may relate to your child.

Secondly, wow.. tell me you people haven't heard any other AB DL talk about their younger siblings in countless threads.

A moderator will come by and make a judgement one way or another if it's not allowed.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: TigerDL, Rezzu, babybobby and 3 others
It's not unusual for people on the autism spectrum to want to wear diapers. Part of it may have to do with the tactile feel of diapers. There is a boy in my family who is on the spectrum and I believe he still wears diapers.

I will add that it is not the 13 year old boy who is on this site but his adult mother looking for advise and especially, information. We are good at that but as someone said, we are biased toward wearing diapers. Most of us wear diapers by choice, either because we are AB/DL or incontinent so you are receiving biased opinions. You might run this question by his doctor. If he's on the spectrum he may also have a psychologist or trained counselor? These are the people who may help you the most.

• Love
Reactions: TigerDL, Rezzu, BigKid25 and 5 others
You are correct to inquire about this. My parents were great support for my nocturnal enuresis (or as @impadded likes to state..."a fancy term for bedwetting"). I eventually out grew this by age 13 and had many other activities by then so it never crossed my mind about wearing protective undergarments again. However, in college it came back and I was much better in a state of mind at putting myself back into diapers and plastic underpants to regain protection at night.

My connection to this site was by age 27 or so I was still having a few small accidents at night about 1 -2 times per year. Nothing major, but based on my past and the extreme security I felt at night wearing diapers and plastic underpants growing up, I began to wear nightly again for the feeling of this security again.

20 years later and my family is fine and my job is fine. Some people know of my nightly wearing and my wife and friends understand the security I feel of wearing this protection. Keep up the communication with your son and DEFINITELY have him do other activities so his protective underwear only becomes part of his daily activity and NOT ALL of it. He may eventually go to just nighttime and then move on to no more or he may stay with it to some degree. If he is still totally continent but likes wearing (and wetting or more), a therapist can help with further discussions.

Reactions: boredofwheelchair and Traveller
Jessicamom said:
Hi. I’m new here. Not sure if I am even allowed on here. You see I am here looking for help, support, guidance for my son. He is only 13 is why I don’t know if it’s ok to be on here. He has been a bed wetter his entire life. We have tried pull-ups off and on but they leaked so we always went back to regular diapers. Also on and off he would have day time accidents. The last few months he was asking to be diapered earlier than normal before bed and would be wet before bed so we would change him. Someone told me about diaper lovers so I started doing a little research. I decided when school was out I would ask him in the morning if he wanted another diaper instead of underwear and regular cloths and see what his reaction was. When I asked he was surprised I asked and was a little hesitant but said yes. It’s been 2 weeks now and he is in diapers all the time now. Our agreement is he will not poop in them. He seems so happy. So much happier than before. I just don’t know if I am doing any harm in allowing this. Will there be any long term effects? Psychological damage?
Wish I had this option when I was younger, you're an awesome and caring mother!

• Love
Reactions: Mal8 and Traveller
Jessicamom said:
Oh yes I do understand that. But from reading a lot of posts on here, it seems a lot of people's interest in diapers started at a young age. And who better to talk to about my son than those that have been down this road already.
Was interested for as long as I can remember and cannot begin to tell you the trouble I had growing up wanting to wear, it caused a lot of stress and bad behavior, if I had anybody at all to let me know that it was OK, I could have done things so differently

• Love
Reactions: littlemoosey, Traveller and Safari
Sheepies said:
Hello and welcome. I think it's great you're being so supportive of your son, though as mentioned by others, it's very important for him to be diapering and changing himself. And being very aware of keeping good hygiene. At that age, if anything kids are absolutely brutal and I'm sure the last thing you'd want would be for him to be bullied for being a stinky kid who still wears diapers. Overall though, it's good he found something harmless that brings him so much joy. Especially at that crucial emotionally turbulent age. Who knows, maybe it's just a phase and he'll grow out of it. Maybe not. Rest assured though, it certainly doesn't mean he won't grow up to be a perfectly functional member of society. My facination with diapers started around age 11 too. Like your son, I'm high functioning and on the spectrum, but still got great grades in school, got a college degree, and recently started working as a scientist.

It's obvious you love and care very much for your son, and he's incredibly lucky to have someone like you there for him. Best wishes
Thanks for your post. I agree with you on how mean kids can be, and the need for good hygiene. Jacob has fairy sensitive skin, if he doesn’t get cleaned up good he will get a rash. With three kids my mornings are pretty hectic during the school year. We don’t have time for more baths, which is why we clean the boys up in the morning. Even Jacob doesn’t do a good job if left to do this on his own.

I think this post has moved way past introductions and a mod need to seriously think of moving it to another topic. I read all of the post and am on the fence with this one but I think post number 33 crossed the line, OP you sound like a really great mom unless your just trolling us here, ChrisChrisChris was right to report.

Reactions: boredofwheelchair and chrischrischris
chamberpot said:
I think this post has moved way past introductions and a mod need to seriously think of moving it to another topic. I read all of the post and am on the fence with this one but I think post number 33 crossed the line, OP you sound like a really great mom unless your just trolling us here, ChrisChrisChris was right to report.
Thanks why talk about your 13 year olds penis just don't make any sense to me

Reactions: boredofwheelchair
TeddyUrsadorable said:
@chamberpot @chrischrischris @DiaperLover24

Please indicate which of the rules are being broken.
Exactly. There is no rule specifying parents can’t have concern for their child. Rule #4: No minors, spammers, trolls, etc. This is the mother, not the child. Unless she is a troll (which I’m pretty sure isn’t, although post #33 was a little sketch), the post itself does not break any rules.

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDL, chrischrischris, Teddy and 1 other person
chrischrischris said:
Thanks why talk about your 13 year olds penis just don't make any sense to me
?????? Where do you see that

isabella said:
?????? Where do you see that
Post 33 I should not have used the penis it was a bit strong my mistake and I'm very sorry

Jessicamom said:
Hi. I’m new here. Not sure if I am even allowed on here. You see I am here looking for help, support, guidance for my son. He is only 13 is why I don’t know if it’s ok to be on here. He has been a bed wetter his entire life. We have tried pull-ups off and on but they leaked so we always went back to regular diapers. Also on and off he would have day time accidents. The last few months he was asking to be diapered earlier than normal before bed and would be wet before bed so we would change him. Someone told me about diaper lovers so I started doing a little research. I decided when school was out I would ask him in the morning if he wanted another diaper instead of underwear and regular cloths and see what his reaction was. When I asked he was surprised I asked and was a little hesitant but said yes. It’s been 2 weeks now and he is in diapers all the time now. Our agreement is he will not poop in them. He seems so happy. So much happier than before. I just don’t know if I am doing any harm in allowing this. Will there be any long term effects? Psychological damage?

The long term effect is that if someone other than you finds out, they can be made fun of. I have had this "obsession" since I was 4/5 years old and I can say that if my friends found out I would not have done very well.

That being said, I would seek medical intervention first via a pediatric urologist. This is mainly to diagnose and check for any sort of serious medical issues that have been overlooked. Plenty of things can cause someone to have no control. If the doc says you kid is fine, then go from there.

Many of us have lived our entire lives like this, so it's not something that ever goes away....AND there is nothing you/they did to cause it(my mom always felt guilty).

As a community lets not be oversensitive here , the mere mention of under 18 people starts going crazy , do people not have nephew and nieces ? parents who have children ? do you see any one under 18 needing help and go lets not go there cus they are under 18 ? its annoying and there IS a line drawn but lets not go crazy and blur the line . do people not have friends who have children under 18 ? do you see anyone under 18 and go :sick: ? because thats what a lot of the people in this community is going at .

Do people still carry this logic when they are out on the streets looking at a minor getting hurt or harm by someone malicious and go , "okay that's a minor and lets steer clear " ? Its getting ridiculous , do people go out visiting relatives and if you have brothers and sisters whose children ( newphew and nieces ) come to you , you go buzz off cus they are a minor ? Everyone have their own " justice " but lets not get too extreme here .

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: TigerDL, antte91, sambus and 4 others
Very important to recognise the autism factor here in figuring out what to do moving forward.

diapers fulfil a few needs that often arent met in autistic people.

deep pressure: they hug and squeeze in a way that is highly soothing for autistic people, reducing anxiety and “integrating” our senses by providing proprioceptive input.

secondly they offer a sense of safety and security in a world which often seems chaotic and unsafe to autistic senses

Thirdly they offer age regression, autistic people often grow up feeling like they cant keep up with their peers, that they’re being held to neurotypical standards that they cant reach, and that they need more time. Being treated like a kid fulfils that need, its a moment to let go of constantly ramping expectations and demands, to have a small portion back of the carefree safety of childhood.

i think you should look at these 3 needs and any others and see of there are other ways of meeting them.

diapers are fine, but if hes essentially only wearing them because they are the only way he’s getting these sensory and emotional needs met, thats a problem.

theres a facebook group called “autism inclusivity”, run by autistic mothers with autistic kids, and designed so that people can ask autistic people for their perspective on issues like these. I think you should join and use it to gain a deeper understanding of your kid’s condition and how to meet his needs.

Reactions: TigerDL, FloraFloraFlora, WillFord384 and 1 other person
As far as I can tell the relevant part of the site rules is this:

"4. No minors, spammers, etc ... You must be at least 18 years old to use ADISC ..."

At the risk of playing backseat moderator... Jessicamom is over 18 years old, so is not breaking this rule. It is clear that the rules would not allow her son to post on this site himself, as he's only 13.

I do think that it's important that no personally identifying information about her son should be posted. The child's first name was given in one post. Even though that isn't enough on its own to identify a person, I think it's probably best to discourage that.

Reactions: dogboy and chrischrischris
Back