New member..hazing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
I am thinking we should step out of our boundaries here...and make al new comers take a quiz, on our rules and expectations. By FAR
it will reduce the amount of diaperverts on the site.

"Oh man I got to read the rules AND take a quiz before I make this stereotypical thread?" *crazy fat, manbearpig exits*

Of course its just an idea...very basic but..it would work right?

F

FullMetal

Umm, even I wouldn't want to take a quiz on rules for a site... I see where you are coming from but thats a way to take away potentially good members too...

FullMetal

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
That test alreadt exists it called the mods of the site. They do there job fine so theres no need to implememnt anything more IMHO.

Yawnie

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Ya, Full Metal has a point, and either way, the bad always slip up and reveal them self to be who they truly are some time in the near future.....

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
Hmmm how about this? You must first post in the greetings forum to register; also to register you must scroll down a quick faq (like agreeing to terms when installing software) where you tick a box at the end of each sentence in the faq... The faq would outline what we are about. Maybe we could head off 'verts at the pass by saying what we are NOT about?

Role
Private
I'm happy with how the mods are currently doing there job. And to reiterate, they ("diaperverts") all slip up eventually.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I have to agree with lukie on this one? Let the mods to the marvelous job they've done so far!

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
that's a really fantastic article. everyone should read that.

we seem to have trouble here with taking the middle path between being too permissive with people who are obviously fakers and perverts on the one hand, and being total assholes on the other hand. it's no good to lean too far to one side or the other, but it can sometimes be kind of a tough call how to maintain that ballance.

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
Unfortunately the diaperverts are going to be a part ofthe site. Sexual predators and diaper sites kinda go hand in hand... there really is no way to keep them from joining, but the mods can ban them, so why add anything else to head them off?

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I am thinking we should step out of our boundaries here...and make al new comers take a quiz, on our rules and expectations. By FAR
it will reduce the amount of diaperverts on the site.

"Oh man I got to read the rules AND take a quiz before I make this stereotypical thread?" *crazy fat, manbearpig exits*

Of course its just an idea...very basic but..it would work right?
After giving this a second thought I actually think you'll achieve exactly the opposite of what you want. Teens that feel annoyed about having to do all this to become a member (before then can even notice that it'd be well worth it) and sexual predators who don't mind filling in something like that (be it lying) to get close to teens. So I think it's a very bad idea.

I also agree very much with avery

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
Now how to get everyone to read this and abide by it!!??

One of the reasons I go out of my way to lend the benefit of the doubt is the possible legitimacy of the story. Plus, with patience, imposters usually are found out by the detective types who compare isp's, find other forums where the poster lists contrary personal info. Our detective types are diligent and dogged.

Now let us say the poster is lying, assuming his fantasy-fulfillment story will get him approval. Why is he so eager to do so? He could be an evil perv or even a mostly harmless perv. More than likely he has super-low esteem and is desperate for approval and goes over the top to get it. This is the kind of place he needs; booting him or chasing him off with boos and cries of derision could be a wasted opportunity to help socialize him, teach him how not to be a loser; not only to his benefit but to ours. I have had the experience of talking to a member, saying why some behaviour was inappropriate, and giving them a chance to reflect, and seeing them change for the better. (Not saying who or when: remember I have been around since Nov 2006.)

I would totally like to see the wiki article be a mandatory read for both new members and old. Certainly a sticky in the greetings thread. Even this possibility: that when one makes post #1 in a greetings thread, the article link is the first thing written in the post...

There are general ethical questions with posting content under a user's name
that he did not write; but in this case I think it would be justified. Also, I do not know if the software would allow this.

If I were a brand new member and I read this it would not only give me a feel for the place, its hard and fast explicit rules, but its implicit codes of conduct.

Basically I would like to see people not penalized simply because they don't know any better. Many newcomers are familiar with other places with quite different codes of conduct, where there is fantasy story oneupmanship, graphic rp, and lax moderation. For all we know some poor guy was just trying to fit in (and who hadn't read very much as a guest.) It's he who deserves the second chance. (And if he blows his chances knowing full well what ADISC standards and practices are then we can sic upon him the hounds (and kitties) of hell.

Last edited:

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Personally, I think it's impossible to catch perverts by having them fill in a questionnaire. How can we make sure they're not lying in the first place?!

The only really useful way is to let them reveal themselves by the usual ways (weird name, weird stories etc.). Unfortunately, that requires more effort, because people have to work together and evaluate things someone says to make up their mind about that person. It's not as easy as rating a few answers to some special questions.

So far, our ways of evaluating people have worked well enough. Of course, there's a fine line you can cross between doubting new members' stories and hazing them, so everyone should think twice before posting critical comments about other members and should try to not insult people.

Peachy

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
I'm not going to introduce a "quiz" or "test" you have to pass to sign up here.
The reason is simple : an easy test wouldn't catch any bad people, and a hard test might catch the bad people but it would put the good people off joining. Either way, tests wouldn't work.

Yawnie

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I'm not going to introduce a "quiz" or "test" you have to pass to sign up here.
The reason is simple : an easy test wouldn't catch any bad people, and a hard test might catch the bad people but it would put the good people off joining. Either way, tests wouldn't work.
Myth Busted

Status
Not open for further replies.