New megamax?

HugeBoobLover

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Hello,

I tried the northshore megamax back when it was first released, but I vaguely remember what I thought about them. I'm planning buying some again to try them out, but I recall seeing something about the megamax changing. What changed about them?

Slomo

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent
Color.

The blue makes them hold more pee, purple makes them colder, and green makes them more eco friendly. Just kidding, no functional chages.

ej24

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I noticed the plastic is way thinner now. They used to be as tough as a shower curtain and pretty quiet honestly. Now it's very thin and crinkly, one of the loudest diapers I know of now. The landing zone is also equally lighter and the tapes are less sticky (not bad, originally they were almost difficult to untape!). They're still super absorbent. I do miss the thick, quiet plastic though.

MaxiPad89

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
They weren't supposed to be loud - if they were, that's probably why they changed the plastic.

ej24

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
They weren't supposed to be loud - if they were, that's probably why they changed the plastic.
Right, I'm saying the new ones are loud compared to the originals. My most recent ones are so crinkly it makes dry 24/7s sound quiet

ltaluv

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
As I understand it, the plastic feels thinner because of less adhesive, and the tapes don't hold quite as well. I understand that they're working with their contract manufacturer to get it back to the original standard.

Hopefully Adam will chime in and let us know how that process is going.

Carnifex

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
They work perfectly for me I wear them around the house and every night

D

Deleted member 50300

Ordered blue megamax today... will post on the results!

Carnifex

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
Ordered blue megamax today... will post on the results!
I love them and I am wearing one right now only a little bit wet so it will last a while but I will change my diaper before I go to bed

ltaluv

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
I should mention that they're still my go-to diaper. I don't like the current ones quite as well as the original, but they're still by far the best diaper I've used, and the only one I've found that'll stand to to sixteen to eighteen hour workday with lots of physical activity. Everything else, even the highly-rated Betterdry, ends up as a bunch of loose clumps of padding that have fallen apart and ended up in my crotch and under my bottom where they're painful to sit on; the MegaMax pad is still intact and comfortable, and will still deal with an accident.

Frungie

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I found the sizing to be different. I am a Medium in diaper sizing and while functional; they were large on me. I got a sample of Small which fit me perfectly...about a 33" waste, and 165 pounds.

legojoker88

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent, Private
I found the sizing to be different. I am a Medium in diaper sizing and while functional; they were large on me. I got a sample of Small which fit me perfectly...about a 33" waste, and 165 pounds.
They have a sizing similar to dry24/7, which run larger than any other on the market. I have close to the same build as you and wear a medium in most brands, but those 2 I have to get the small or else I am swimming in them.

D

Deleted member 50300

They have a sizing similar to dry24/7, which run larger than any other on the market. I have close to the same build as you and wear a medium in most brands, but those 2 I have to get the small or else I am swimming in them.
That is good to know... I tend to be right at the outer limits of the mediums on sizing, but large sizes are usually way to big to wear out and about. Abena and BetterDry mediums fit perfectly. The Northshore supreme medium is extremely snug... I'm way out on the wings. But the NSS large is way bigger than I need. I can get a medium Tena on, but it is simply too tight in the crotch for wearing.

Last edited by a moderator:

ltaluv

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
I wear a large, and it seems to me to be pretty comparable with Betterdry and Abena L4. Had anybody else noticed a difference in the large? Maybe I just haven't noticed, or maybe it's just the small and medium that are larger than other diapers.

I've been using the blue ones, and I really like them. I feel like they're less noticable if someone sees the waistband when I bend over, and they just have less of a clinical feel to them.

iamsmart00

Contributor
I'm a 31 waist, and honestly the larger size fits me better..... if you are right on the threshold of sizes go with the larger

Honeywell6180

Contributor
Role
Private
I have tried some samples of their most recent batch, and had some problems with leakage. I think one of their reps admitted that the Chinese manufacturer made some changes that North Shore was unaware of, and it caught them off guard.

Vinylfeet

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent, Other
They are clearly different from the original batch. I still have a few of the originals and the plastic I think is actually thicker and I don't think it's just glue. I ran through a case of the Blues and they worked 90%+ as good as the originals. I think what's disappointing is the changes because the originals, to me, were the most amazing thing I've seen in diapers in a while. The shell felt so nice, the tapes were epic, the elastic was perfect and the only thing short of perfection is that I'd love to see something like that with padding all the way to the end of the sides and maybe a ludicrous version with 2x the absorbancy. But my point is they were AMAZING. The slightly different new version is still really great and high end for sure. I recently ordered a case of Betterdry as a hold out to see if Megamax was going to return to the original, but really I should have ordered more Megamax I think. Really they're about equal for me, and I like the blue a lot. There was a Megamax sample pack in the box with one white and one blue, so I can say the white ones lately are made like the blue, but I know NorthShoreAdam has written about this and the manufacturer did make unauthorized changes. I wouldn't let any of that stop you...give them a try.