• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

New here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dchotard

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello all! I'm new here, but not new to being a DL.
I'm a teacher and a church organist, but also a semi-professional photographer.
I love to travel, and have been to 24 countries (with a goal of hitting all 7 continents - only Africa and Antarctica to go!).

My favorite diapers are the Unique Wellness Superio and Tena Stretch Ultra.
Here looking for new ideas, tips, advice, stories, etc, - I guess just like most people here.
Happy Thanksgiving!

AlexTurnerIII

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I love to travel, and have been to 24 countries (with a goal of hitting all 7 continents - only Africa and Antarctica to go!).

Here looking for new ideas, tips, advice, stories, etc, - I guess just like most people here.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Your an organist?!?! That is so cool!

dchotard

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Your an organist?!?! That is so cool!
Yes, I am a pianist who, as a recent high-school graduate, had to step into the organist role when our organist moved away. What started out as a fill-in, turned into a permanent job, and I've been doing it for twenty-something years now. Had some lessons, but mostly self-taught. I'm pretty good now, and play three masses (Catholic) every weekend, funerals, and 20-30 weddings a year.
The pipe organ is a magnificent instrument!!

AlexTurnerIII

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Yes, I am a pianist who, as a recent high-school graduate, had to step into the organist role when our organist moved away. What started out as a fill-in, turned into a permanent job, and I've been doing it for twenty-something years now. Had some lessons, but mostly self-taught. I'm pretty good now, and play three masses (Catholic) every weekend, funerals, and 20-30 weddings a year.
The pipe organ is a magnificent instrument!!

You've earned my respect! Take some skill to play the organ! My cousin is a Organist at a Catholic church. I've played piano for ever. Always loved the organ!

dchotard

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Thank you! It does take skill, and can be pretty difficult on some pieces, but it's a lot of fun!

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello and welcome to the site. Good introduction, by the way. I too am a church music director, that being Methodist. I'm a graduate of Westminster Choir College, Princeton. I was a performing organ major with a minor in voice and conducting. As soon as keyboards were available at reasonable prices, I got into those. My newest instrument is a Korg Triton, though I'd like to upgrade to a Kronos. My 88 keyboard at home is an old Korg T-1, and it has a good quality piano sound. I have a couple of Kurzweil modules as well which provide adequate piano, but I'd love to buy a Yamaha CLP 585. Maybe some day.

So what's your favorite music to play. I'm semi retired now, working as a part time director and organist, but I used to specialize in Bach, though I love to play Franck. On piano, I'm spending most of my time learning the Chopin Nocturnes, at least some of them.

dchotard

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Wow - I'm nowhere near an organ major (I'm a History Major) - but a piece that I would LOVE to be able to play (and can only play some parts of it right now) is Vidor's Toccata! I just love it. I just don't have the time to devote to it that it needs.

BabyDenise

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
Vidor's Toccata - one of my favorite non-Bach organ works - I love that piece.

I got to the point where I could make a somewhat decent attempt at Bach's Toccata in D minor (as long as no one listening had heard it before! LOL)

dchotard

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Vidor's Toccata - one of my favorite non-Bach organ works - I love that piece.

I got to the point where I could make a somewhat decent attempt at Bach's Toccata in D minor (as long as no one listening had heard it before! LOL)

Yes, that's another cool piece that I can play parts of, but not the entire thing!

CLPP

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I LOVE pipe organs! Don't play, just listen. Google the Shanklin theatre organ in Ayer, Mass. Now THAT'S a pipe organ!

BayB8

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Welcome! Have you ever been to Costa Rica or Peru? I've been to both on mIssion's trips.

Status
Not open for further replies.