• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

New Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWOntarioIncon

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I thought that it may be a good idea to introduce myself, so here it goes!

I am a male who deals with incontinence 24/7. I have had issues most of my
life, but around 30 things got much worse, to the point that I HAD to wear
24/7.

After many visits to the urologist, he came to the conclusion that I had a
severe case of OAB. I was offered medication, but due to my past experiences
with many medications I flat out refused to take them. I have never had any
side-effects from diapers...:D.

Over the years I have definitely developed a AB/DL side to me, I often think that many of us do, as a coping mechanism.

I guess I joined this site due to the fact that there seems to be many
useful and honest discussions here.

Well that is enough for now...got a little carried away :biggrin:

zultan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Welcome to the site man. I too am not a fan of medications. I hope you have a good time and find this place helpful and don't worry--compared to some posts here, you certainly didn't get carried away.

oleman72

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Welcome to ADISC! From a ole man here in North Texas. What are your interests and hobbies? I'm like you that I don't like some meds. I do have to them
for BP and Cholerestoral. I also have urge IC. I'm also a NASCAR and baseball fan.

SWOntarioIncon

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Hi Oleman72, and thanks for the welcome. :smile:

My interests...well....I like trains, the locomotives in particular, an amazing piece of machinery.

I like storms, I chase them here when I get a chance, and when a decent one comes along
(not very often here).

Another thing that intrigues me is the human mind, you know....
Why do I think like I do. How do past experiences shape who we are, and why does our mind
seemingly twist what was once so bad into things we now enjoy, etc.

I like to go to the drags...I particularly like the Top Fuel....Over in 5 seconds...I am impatient..LOL

As far as medicines go I have found that for the most part, the cure is worse than the original issue,
I never got dry mouth, constipation, headaches, or dizziness with a diaper!. My strongest medicine I
take is Tylenol, and don't even like taking it.

Chippi

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hi there! Welcome to ADISC! I'm a newbie here, myself. How do you do, I'm Chippi. :)
I totally agree with all of you about taking medications! Boo on that! People got along for thousands of years without taking 20 pills a day. Sure, some might be necessary for basic living, but most people take pills for things that could easily be remedied by things other than medication.
I am also really interested in the human mind. When I was in college I studied MANY subjects, but focused on Psychology, Biology, and Chemistry. The depth of conversation I could carry on about the human brain is seemingly endless. :)
Storm chasing has always been a fantasy adventure to me! I can only imagine the thrill that comes with that!
What was your most intense storm chase?

SWOntarioIncon

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Hi Chippi! Thanks for the welcome. I think the most intense storm chase was one I wasn't chasing!
I was working afternoons and we were done at 11pm, and that night there had been numerous storms
come through. The last storm that came before I left work was wicked, wind, hail, intense lightning,
and torrents of rain, it was so intense we thought it was going to blow the doors in on the shop!.

I left work, stopped at Tim Hortons to get a coffee for the ride home (it was a 50 minute drive), I
could see another storm coming in from the NW, (that is always a bad storm around here) the
lightning was non-stop. I got just out of London to a place called Lobo, I turned the corner and
BOOM it hit. The wind was so strong that it was picking gravel off the other side of the road and
pelting the car. I was on the east side of the road and thought, if the hydro poles are on the west
and they come down, I want to be where the wires can't get me or the pole. At the time, I was driving
a full size Mercury Marquis with a 460 in it, a very heavy vehicle. As I tried to move to the other
side of the road, it just blew me closer to the ditch on the east side, so I was stuck where I was.
The storm raged on for a good 2 or 3 minutes, I know it doesn't sound like long, but it seemed
like eternity. It began to subside a bit, and then weird things started to happen. The lightning
got more intense, and the the hail started, all of a sudden the car started moving up and down.
I knew what was going on then....TORNADO!!!!. It never got me off the ground, but that was
close enough!!!

After it passed I drove home around downed trees, and hydro poles. I had my suspicions
confirmed the next morning when they reported a tornado had ripped through Frome, and
had been first seen in Nairn, about 6 miles to the NW from where I had been. I have to say
I was never so scared in my life!. Sorry about being long winded about this.

I am glad to see I am not alone in my attitude towards the little pills they hand out
like candy now a days. I will deal with things myself.

I am very interested like I said before, about the way in which our mind processes
experiences, and shapes who we are. I would love to have conversations about it
with you, you sound much more in the know about it than I do.

Well, take care hope to here from you again :smile1:

Status
Not open for further replies.