New goodnites design

Riddy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
So the new goodnites design is in apparently. The prints don't seem to have changed, but the sides have; they've become less elastic. I could squeeze into them before but now it's tough to do without tearing the sides. Disappointing. I'll be looking for a substitute I suppose.

• Sad
Reactions: 12srepaid
It's a freaking shame that Goodnites did that. Not so much for us dl's, but to older kuds and teens.

The stripe print is similar to the other stripe print. I do like the new Space print. Kinda sad to see the camo print change. They'd had it for so many years. But at the same time, it's time to get a new one. I just wish they'd completely change the stripe print. I'm not a fan of that one. Two completely new designs would've been really nice.

Reactions: 12srepaid
I would have liked it if they kept the camo and ditched the stripes for the space designs. Camo is definitely better than the stripes, at least that's what I think. As for the new sides, putting extenders on the L/XL don't make them tight enough, and they leak. However, I got some S/M and put extenders on those and they worked great, even if I didn't like the hulk designs, but I'll order some more, not sure what the new sides on the S/M are going to be like. If they have less stretch and are smaller, it might make it to tight and the pull up extenders won't hold, but they hold really well now, the velcro is quite strong and hopefully the velcro will work just as well on the new sides as the old ones. Eventually I'll run out, but 4 boxes of 44 should last quite a while, plus the 4 boxes of the current L/XL that I stockpiled, since they still fit.

I think the only re-designs that I've actually liked have been the super stretchy sides that they introduced a few years ago, the blue sides, all over print, and the double leg barriers that they did a few years ago.

GDNTSKID said:
Hearing about the re-design is a shame. It seems like every time I hear about a re-design or an "improvement" of a product, it's almost always for the worse. I'm not resistant to change, but I don't see why GN's needed a re-do. I know it most likely comes down to a cost savings for KC, but the only complaints I've ever heard about the "old" style is that they didn't make them in larger sizes.

I'm not a fan of the "faded-black" look of the space and underwear print. It looks awful. Couldn't KC at least use a blue color and make them more appealing? Anyway, I have 2 cases of 58 ct here and I suppose I'll give the new ones a try when I run low. If not, I'll switch to store brand. I don't use GN's for their intended purpose, but I do use them to supplement my Cushies or Preschools. They are discreet and at least give me the comfort of having a diaper on. I hate to use AB diapers all of the time at like $2.50/diaper when GN's are around 0.75/diaper/pant whatever you want to call them.

**end rant**

I agree with you there, especially the last sentence. :)

I'm upset about the sides too. If anything I suppose they would still make a good stuffer

I really hope that Goodnites sees ths side panel issue and fixes it very soon.

Back