New favicon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyTheNinja

Banned
Role
  1. Private
I kinda don't like the fact that the text "ADISC" is visible in our favicon... it makes it sort of hard to hide ADISC from others who might be passing by your computer and looking closely at your open browser tabs. I made a new one:
. (If anyone wants to make a better one, go for it, mine isn't terrific.) (Edit: an SVG version is available if anyone would happen to want it.)

--Danny :ninja:

F

FullMetal

I do not see it as an issue but I guess it would not hurt to change nor would it be a hassle. Drew will be here shortly to create something though, I know it :)

FullMetal

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I like this idea. Though, it might be pointless if the "adisc.org" shown on firefox/IE tabs was unable to be changed.

Last edited:

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
I like Danny A symbol...it kind of looks like the anarchy symbol lol

Bambusa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
how the heck would anyone passing by know what adisc means?

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
how the heck would anyone passing by know what adisc means?

Maybe they'll just be so paranoid, that they'll look it up? Like Tsendo said though...You'll see the website url too, so it would be kind of pointless

Bambusa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
You know, this thread does remind me of something funny that happened to me once though. I was at a coffee shop and my screen name diaperlines was visible in one the windows i had open. Someone i know walked up and saw it. they asked what i was doing and i told them i was shopping for my sister's new baby. haha. I don't know if they bought it, but what the hell else would they think i was doing? i don't really care either way though.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
  1. Private
I kinda don't like the fact that the text "ADISC" is visible in our favicon... it makes it sort of hard to hide ADISC from others who might be passing by your computer and looking closely at your open browser tabs. I made a new one: . (If anyone wants to make a better one, go for it, mine isn't terrific.) (Edit: an SVG version is available if anyone would happen to want it.)

--Danny

We could use a better favicon, but it needs to be in .ico format.

Squigma

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
I like this idea. Though, it might be pointless if the "adisc.org" shown on firefox/IE tabs was unable to be changed.

You can rename tabs in firefox - just right click and hit "Rename Tab". If it's not there, it might be from an add on I installed. I do this all the time and I have to admit it I have wondered if it would be a good idea to get a different favicon. It's a bit over-cautious, but I do like to be as sneaky as possible.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
I once found an extension for firefox that allowed you to change it, but I think it was for an older firefox...

Actually I'm up for changing it, not for any reason other than the fact that it's pretty boring at the moment.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I thought yours was pretty cool Danny. I don't think there is much of an issue in terms of privacy. I would say there are other things such as the url being displayed which make the favicon rather inconsequential, unless it was an open thread title - in which case people who would look at it, would probably look at it whatever favicon it had. I don't mind it being changed though, and I liked the one you did. Don't think it would do much for any actually privacy - but it still looks better in my opinion.

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Yours looks cool, but I really don't think it matters. After all, you can still read ADISC.org in the top of the window. :p

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I like yours Danny, and it sure does help with security issues. As there has been mentioned, you can change tab titles and with that window titles (if not there are other ways to do that) so by choosing an inconspicuous favicon it'd leave the door open for people to make it a tab looks totally innocent.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
  2. Other
I'm all in favour for a new favicon to replace the one we have, but in my firefox, it says "ADISC.org" in the tab title (and window title) anyway, so the favicon would be the last thing to blow my cover.

DannyTheNinja

Banned
Role
  1. Private
RJ, Windows icon version is attached. BTW all browsers besides IE accept PNG ;)

I'll also write up a Greasemonkey script that replaces "ADISC.org" in the title with something less conspicuous. (Edit: done, click to install, Firefox + Greasemonkey extension required)

Attachments

• favicon2_fill.ico.zip
    705 bytes · Views: 2

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
  1. Private
Swapped to the new icon.
You may have to refresh before you see it.

moocow

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
i really like the new one. Congrats because it looks a whole lot cooler

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Looks like we ain't the only ones.

*wonders if RJ is Larry Page*

Yeah, I saw the change on google too. I was like "coincidence? I think not!" :p

Ah, I remember when they change it before that. The Big G in a box that is seen on the search bar on the rtop right in Firefox. I disliked that change initially. But It was a minor cosmetic change. Nothing effected my search results! It's a bit colourful, but meh. As long as those extra bytes don't slow me down :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.