New episode of Dexter leaked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgi39jsjw0ggg

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
FYI to all who watch the best TV show ever about a vigilante serial killer, the first episode of season 4 has been leaked online. No spoilers from me, but this looks like it will be a strong season.

A

Asher

When I first saw the title for this thread, I thought you were referring to Dexter's Laboratory; I'm not going to lie ;)

It would be great to see another great season of Dexter; Michael Hall is just genius at that part. :) Premiere for the new season is mid-September if I remember correctly...

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Thank you for telling me...

I guess CBS is up to their old tricks of "leaking" episodes for publicity and subscriptions to their showtime channels. I just hope Dexter kills his son, somehow and maybe even rita too.

Long live the true Bay Harbor Butcher! Keeping our streets clean!

RalieghFhang

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Carer
Every time I hear this show mentioned, I always think of the childhood cartoon, Dexter's Laboratory. xD

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I've never watched any of dexter any good? Might download it all if it is.

If you have Netflix you can watch the full first two seasons online. So far season 1 and 2 were the best. Season 3 was boring for the most part.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've never watched any of dexter any good? Might download it all if it is.

Dexter is an absolutely amazing show. The first two seasons were outstanding -- you can't think that Dexter Morgan can get himself into more shit, but he does. I'm patiently awaiting purchasing Season 3 on DVD. I saw about six episodes in, but not past that.

Unfortunately, the books off of which the show is based are not nearly as good. In fact, they're crap -- Showtime took what was a poorly executed but well thought-out concept and turned it into a drama that goes deeper than most and brings forth a character so evil, so emotionless, so understandable that it's impossible not to love him.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Nice synopsis Dawes, as usual. I too am a big fan. I think the concept is genius. I'm watching season II on Netflix. I know, I should be further along but time is such a luxury for me. Anyway, I can't wait for more.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Dexter is an absolutely amazing show. The first two seasons were outstanding -- you can't think that Dexter Morgan can get himself into more shit, but he does. I'm patiently awaiting purchasing Season 3 on DVD. I saw about six episodes in, but not past that.

Unfortunately, the books off of which the show is based are not nearly as good. In fact, they're crap -- Showtime took what was a poorly executed but well thought-out concept and turned it into a drama that goes deeper than most and brings forth a character so evil, so emotionless, so understandable that it's impossible not to love him.

Hey... the first two books are pretty good and are somewhat different from the first and second seasons.

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Incontinent
Fire2box said:
I guess CBS is up to their old tricks of "leaking" episodes for publicity and subscriptions to their showtime channels. I just hope Dexter kills his son, somehow and maybe even rita too.[/b[ Long live the true Bay Harbor Butcher! Keeping our streets clean!
What an awful thing to say. You sir, do not understand the mind of Dexter. Dexter only kills guilty people. He does not harm the innocent. Therefore, he would never kill his wife or son(assuming he doesn't die or something). That is what separates him from the other serial killers. I find it disturbing that you would think such a thing is right...

Last edited:

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I just found them to be written poorly and immensely cliched. While I appreciated that Lindsay later added in more supernatural elements (what, wasn't the Dark Passenger a deadly deity inside of him or something? I can't remember), I just never thought that his writing style was really anything to rave about, and the stories felt inaccessible. The show made them a little more realistic, a little mroe easy to grasp onto, and definitely flowed -- as stories -- along smoother stones.

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Damnit! I shouldn't have watched the pre-air. Now I have to wait what seems an eternity for the next episode :mad:

It was an ok start though. I won't go into details so as not to spoil my fellow fans, but I think it could go either way at this point. The show could shape up and be like season 1 and 2 again, or it could keep going downhill. Maybe even getting worse than season 3. The possibilities are there and plentiful. Let's just hope that they don't screw it up this time.

Also, my biggest hope for this season (although I doubt it will happen); The death of Deb... God I hate Deb.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
What an awful thing to say. You sir, do not understand the mind of Dexter. Dexter only kills guilty people. He does not harm the innocent. Therefore, he would never kill his wife or son(assuming he doesn't die or something). That is what separates him from the other serial killers. I find it disturbing that you would think such a thing is right...

I said I hope he does, that doesn't mean I think he will or think its right. I just find them bloody annoying.

bgi39jsjw0ggg

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I just found them to be written poorly and immensely cliched. While I appreciated that Lindsay later added in more supernatural elements (what, wasn't the Dark Passenger a deadly deity inside of him or something? I can't remember),

Yeah, it was a child of the god Moloch that takes pleasure in making humans kill each other.

I just never thought that his writing style was really anything to rave about, and the stories felt inaccessible. The show made them a little more realistic, a little mroe easy to grasp onto, and definitely flowed -- as stories -- along smoother stones.

I liked the first book, the second was okay, the third was garbage. Changing Dexter's need to kill from a sinister and malicious part of his psyche in to some demon possessing him was a weak move. The supernatural elements didn't need to be there at all. I agree that the TV show is better - the characters are more nuanced and complex, which is odd. Usually it's the source book that has more complex characters. In the TV series, Deb is actually believable as a cop's daughter turned cop. She actually seems like a real person instead of some caricature. Ditto with the Ice Truck Killer. I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't read the book/seen the show yet, but those of you who have know what I'm talking about. I haven't read the 4th book yet (out in the UK already, out in North America next month), but if the previous one is any indication, I likely won't bother.

Overall, I preferred the 3rd season to the 2nd, but if the leaked episode is any indication, the 4th may just be the best yet.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Yeah, it was a child of the god Moloch that takes pleasure in making humans kill each other.

I liked the first book, the second was okay, the third was garbage. Changing Dexter's need to kill from a sinister and malicious part of his psyche in to some demon possessing him was a weak move. The supernatural elements didn't need to be there at all. I agree that the TV show is better - the characters are more nuanced and complex, which is odd. Usually it's the source book that has more complex characters. In the TV series, Deb is actually believable as a cop's daughter turned cop. She actually seems like a real person instead of some caricature. Ditto with the Ice Truck Killer. I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't read the book/seen the show yet, but those of you who have know what I'm talking about. I haven't read the 4th book yet (out in the UK already, out in North America next month), but if the previous one is any indication, I likely won't bother.

Overall, I preferred the 3rd season to the 2nd, but if the leaked episode is any indication, the 4th may just be the best yet.

It's actually really interesting that you mention the supernatural element, bgi. As a big fan of fantasy and supernatural writing, I even thought that the whole Moloch idea was just ridiculous when I read the synopsis. To introduce a supernatural element into a non-supernatural story three books in is poor planning -- it runs the risk of alienating the series' previous audience.

Thankfully, the shows are a wonderful deviation and offer a whole new experience. I heard people saying that season three was sucky, but I saw up until about halfway through and thought it was outstanding. Each season, Dexter digs himself into deeper holes. I can't wait to pick up the DVDs to catch up.

The only problem with the series? There's only one real tried and true way for a problem to end: Dexter kills them. Outcomes can become pretty predictable if the easiest way to get to them is by racking up a body count, so hopefully there will be more ways around that!

Other than that, though, I'm excited to get caught up.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I just finished watching this last episode and I can't wait to see what happens on the next one. I really did not see that thing coming at all and I am really wondering how Dex will get out of this bind.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I hate you guys, I just watched the first episode and now I'm downloading the first season.

If you have Netflix just watch the first two seasons online. The netflix instant view online looks like DVD quality even on my DSL speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.