New Depend Fitted Brief

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bambusa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I was at Wal-Mart and it looks like Depend has improved its fitted briefs. Maybe it is just new packaging, but the picture of the brief is definately different. Anyone seen these yet?

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've noticed that too, the newest depend fitted briefs do seem to be a bit different than the older style. They seem to be just a little bit more absorbent, but not a lot. I have two different bags of the depend fitted max briefs at the moment (the plastic backed tape on type) and they are clearly different. One bag is the new type in the green bag, but I also have a bag that I recently bought that is an older version that was still in the old red bag.

From what I can see, the differences are that the newest ones are a bit more absorbent, but the waistband isn't as stretchy as the older style.

Bambusa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
newest ones are a bit more absorbent, but the waistband isn't as stretchy as the older style.
Interesting, The new bag makes it look like the new briefs are more form fitting, not less.

skinnypuppy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I haven't seen the new style, but it seems to me that "form-fitting" is a function of the user's form :)

My own form doesn't lend itself to that function, my belly getting in the way :(

Mawile

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
i just got a new styled package today but theyre unisex ._.
maybe theyre getting new packaging for exerything?

B

Butterfly Mage

Of course, Depends would have to be improved a lot just to be even equal to Attends (which is only a medium-quality diaper).

Bambusa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
All depends would have to do to be equal with Attends, no rather to be better than Attends, would be to increase absorbancy. The fact that depends are so thin is their only real downfall. The plastic, tapes, waistband, design, and breathable standing leak gaurds are all superior. But they are as thin as hell.

B

Butterfly Mage

That's true. The design of the Depends diaper is actually pretty good, but it WAY lacks in absorbancy.

diaperedteenager

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
i would like to see them build better fitting leak guards and yes absorb and lock in the wettness WAY WAY better!

goodnites2002

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but a cloth cover on the fitted briefs, or slightly off topic, make the adjustable underwear more like goodnites, and have leakguards. not just leg gatherers... Here's looking forward to the new releases.

A

annierighthurr

I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but a cloth cover on the fitted briefs, or slightly off topic, make the adjustable underwear more like goodnites, and have leakguards. not just leg gatherers... Here's looking forward to the new releases.

This is probably not that far off, considering the recent trend in adult diapers :(

B

Butterfly Mage

It does seem to be the trend in American-made adult diapers. But the European types (Molicare, Abena) have smooth plastic outer shells like baby diapers did in the 1990s.

It seems that adult diapers follow whatever trends baby diapers have, except with a 5-10 year delay.

goodnites2002

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
It does seem to be the trend in American-made adult diapers. But the European types (Molicare, Abena) have smooth plastic outer shells like baby diapers did in the 1990s.

It seems that adult diapers follow whatever trends baby diapers have, except with a 5-10 year delay.

Agreed, however notice that Abena makes the AirPlus... a cloth covering. More will follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.