new city

LinkDL

Est. Contributor
Messages
95
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I wanted to ask and hear about how they made that big step of moving to a new city, how to start from scratch when they felt it was time to start over.

Why did you choose that city?
Was it easy to adapt to the change?
What made you make that decision?

I am at a point in my life where I feel confused and lost and I have thought that leaving for a new place would be a good idea, but I would be lying if I said that I am not afraid of new changes.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SparkleAlchemist and GalaxyModz

MetalDan86

Est. Contributor
Messages
319
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
New Orleans (back in Iowa now)

Why did you choose that city? -new job that was a promotion.
Was it easy to adapt to the change? -not easy, mainly with the humid climate, hurricanes, and cost of living. The food, people, and music were amazing from what I experienced.
What made you make that decision? -a hiring freeze with my old job.
 
  • Love
Reactions: LinkDL

LinkDL

Est. Contributor
Messages
95
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
MetalDan86 said:
New Orleans (back in Iowa now)

Why did you choose that city? -new job that was a promotion.
Was it easy to adapt to the change? -not easy, mainly with the humid climate, hurricanes, and cost of living. The food, people, and music were amazing from what I experienced.
What made you make that decision? -a hiring freeze with my old job.
It looks like you did well I guess.
Any advice when you leave your city for the first time?
Thank you Thank you
 

MetalDan86

Est. Contributor
Messages
319
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
LinkDL said:
It looks like you did well I guess.
Any advice when you leave your city for the first time?
Thank you Thank you
My advice is to take a day or so to do some research on the main attractions of where you want to go. It also took me some time to prioritize what items I wanted to leave behind or go with me, so plan for that as well. There are also cost of living calculators and other tools out there that may help.
 
  • Like
Reactions: LinkDL

Kirisin

Est. Contributor
Messages
340
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I grew up in East Los Angeles. I was addicted to drugs from 14 or 15 I guess. Anyway I have some pretty good friends who where moving to Montana. I left with them i was 21. I was once asked during a physical for work why I went to Montana. Well i said my friends had the drugs. Well at least your honest 🤷 she said. Anyway really I just wanted a fresh start. I felt like when the drugs ran out I wouldn't know any dealers and maybe it would be easier to quit. It didn't happen right away infact I tried other drugs but eventually i did quit. While it was a serious culture shock it turned out to be the best decision I ever made. I got my dream job and I got paid to learn it. My mother was do proud and often told he nurses these are my kids from Montana. When I got to western Montana it was the middle of winter cold no place to live. They had a shelter and I used it for a couple weeks. It didn't take long to get a job and get into a studio. I started with nothing but the cloths on my back (California cloths not made for winter cloths). Now 35 years later I have an acre with a home and a beautiful view of our mountain range. It took some time to adapt but you eventually will meet people and make great friends. I am still friends with the family that where gracious enough to take me and my best friend with them. I wouldn't trade it for any place in the world. I should say my living arrangements in Los Angeles where not any better so it was an easy decision to take a chance.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: Cottontail, GalaxyModz and LinkDL

LinkDL

Est. Contributor
Messages
95
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Kirisin said:
I grew up in East Los Angeles. I was addicted to drugs from 14 or 15 I guess. Anyway I have some pretty good friends who where moving to Montana. I left with them i was 21. I was once asked during a physical for work why I went to Montana. Well i said my friends had the drugs. Well at least your honest 🤷 she said. Anyway really I just wanted a fresh start. I felt like when the drugs ran out I wouldn't know any dealers and maybe it would be easier to quit. It didn't happen right away infact I tried other drugs but eventually i did quit. While it was a serious culture shock it turned out to be the best decision I ever made. I got my dream job and I got paid to learn it. My mother was do proud and often told he nurses these are my kids from Montana. When I got to western Montana it was the middle of winter cold no place to live. They had a shelter and I used it for a couple weeks. It didn't take long to get a job and get into a studio. I started with nothing but the cloths on my back (California cloths not made for winter cloths). Now 35 years later I have an acre with a home and a beautiful view of our mountain range. It took some time to adapt but you eventually will meet people and make great friends. I am still friends with the family that where gracious enough to take me and my best friend with them. I wouldn't trade it for any place in the world. I should say my living arrangements in Los Angeles where not any better so it was an easy decision to take a chance.

Thanks for telling your story.
If you have any advice or something that I do better there at that moment, that would be great.
Your life story has motivated me, thanks for answering.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Kirisin

Kirisin

Est. Contributor
Messages
340
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Your welcome I was close to hopping a freight train to Georgia of all places.
I stuck with it Eventually it paid off. In my case a fresh start was all I needed. I could have chose anyplace else and probably been just as happy. You have an opportunity at a fresh start. Go anywhere do anything. Above someone said something similar to pros and cons what makes you happy. Where would you want a fresh start. I got vary lucky with my friends. My best friend and I that went with them made something of ourselves both of us have great careers. You can to it will be different but like me it may be the best decision you ever make good luck and if I helped I'm glad that I could. One thing I did after I got to Montana like I said it was middle of winter. It was -60 wind chills I was out walking bundled up pounding the pavement. I walked into a furniture manufacturer the owner looked at me and asked what the hell I was doing out in that weather. I told him I was looking for work. He said your hired. What really no application no interview. Nope he said if your dumb enough to be out in this weather I know you will show up for work every day. Don't be affrade to make this decision but be willing to jump into with both feet. That owner taught me to drive a Simi truck I owe him my life. You can do this and be vary happy after you do. It may seam kinda scary to make such a change like this but after a few weeks you will fit in.
 
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: LinkDL

hodori779

Est. Contributor
Messages
329
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've moved to a new city twice within the past 10 years. First was for grad school and then the second was for my first "real" job. Both times, I didn't know anyone and had never been there before.

Was it hard at first? Yes. Definitely felt like Sam in Lord of the Rings where he says "I'm the farthest from home I've ever been."
Was it scary as hell? Yes. I spent many lonely nights in my apartment at first.
Did I love it eventually? Yes. I love it here now and I never want to leave.
Was it what I needed in the long term? Yes. I ended up meeting my (now) wife in grad school, and absolutely loving where we ended up moving to.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Kirisin and LinkDL

LinkDL

Est. Contributor
Messages
95
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
hodori779 said:
I've moved to a new city twice within the past 10 years. First was for grad school and then the second was for my first "real" job. Both times, I didn't know anyone and had never been there before.

Was it hard at first? Yes. Definitely felt like Sam in Lord of the Rings where he says "I'm the farthest from home I've ever been."
Was it scary as hell? Yes. I spent many lonely nights in my apartment at first.
Did I love it eventually? Yes. I love it here now and I never want to leave.
Was it what I needed in the long term? Yes. I ended up meeting my (now) wife in grad school, and absolutely loving where we ended up moving to.
Thank you very much for answering.
Your stories are definitely serving as motivation if you want to suggest or give advice it is well received.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Kirisin

IDKaLittle

Just keep swim-ming...Just keep swim-ming...
Est. Contributor
Messages
268
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
In regards to the idea of a ‘fresh start’, what about fears of taking ‘yourself’ (your shit) with and it just ending up being more of the same? Thoughts?
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: MetalDan86

IDKaLittle

Just keep swim-ming...Just keep swim-ming...
Est. Contributor
Messages
268
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
I moved from a small, relatively sheltered city to a large city because I needed to get away from the backwards, conservative vibe. I was hasty about it but I pulled through - I followed someone else here and he helped. It’s so valuable to have someone to lean on at first. It was culture shock for sure! I was starstruck for the first few years as I explored the city and my new life. Over time I settled in and got comfortable. 25 years later and I can’t wait to get out of this place. Alas to another large city. But I’ve come to appreciate the easier pace of life of a smaller city.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: LinkDL

Diapersall81

Peek-A-Boo
Est. Contributor
Messages
44
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
LinkDL said:
I wanted to ask and hear about how they made that big step of moving to a new city, how to start from scratch when they felt it was time to start over.

Why did you choose that city?
Was it easy to adapt to the change?
What made you make that decision?

I am at a point in my life where I feel confused and lost and I have thought that leaving for a new place would be a good idea, but I would be lying if I said that I am not afraid of new changes.
at 1 point or another in life we have started over in some sort of way...
starting over can be fun or frustrating depending on the move from 1 location to another..
best thing for me was to think about where I am and what would be the difference in the move.. 2nd. am I ready for a change...
change can be fun and exciting at the same time...
rebuilding a new life is awesome!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: LinkDL

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Messages
19,032
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I've moved several times, both as a young single and as a married father. The first move was a real adventure and I was somewhat excited about it. I left the Jersey Shore for cold Ohio as the organist and accompanist for a 3200 member church. I had auditioned for the job and won the position at age 22 so off I went. Since it was a church, I joined the older youth group which was into racing cars so I gained new friends and eventually had two cars of my own which I raced at the 1/4 mile track. I also found the woman who would become my wife and the mother of our children.

I think it's wise to have a job lined up as moving will be expensive as will everything else. Become part of some sort of organization to find and make friends. Moving can be a very lonely experience if you don't make friends.
 
  • Like
Reactions: LinkDL

Muhdeee

Est. Contributor
Messages
35
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I've moved to 3 different cities in 2 countries in the last 3 years.

Why did you choose that city? I got a new job there, every time
Was it easy to adapt to the change? Yeah, I'm young and a recent college grad with nothing holding me anywhere. I love adventure
What made you make that decision? I am still trying to find my ideal job. So I get job offers for something I think I want, and take it.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: LinkDL

royalpacis

Est. Contributor
Messages
107
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I moved cross country to live with my daddy who is 22 years older than me and leave everything in my wake. I have no regrets and my ab self has been free ever since because I feel safe in the house we are building together
 
  • Like
Reactions: Kirisin and LinkDL

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Messages
1,349
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Lived in PA for 40 years. In 2006 my wife got a promotion and we relocated to Prescott Valley, AZ. For the first time in our lives we were truly all alone. No family, no friends.
I think we settled in fine and adjusted quite easily. I got a job at a local company. 3 years in I was given the opportunity to work at another branch of the company based in south western ND. 4 years later I transferred there permanently. Again we started all over and adjusted just fine. We've been here since.
In between we lived in Mesa, AZ. I absolutely hated it there. Noisy, way too many ppl and too much light pollution to see the night sky.
Where we are currently at is a small town of about 150 ppl, 30 miles east of the nearest town. It's so dark at night that I can see the Milkyway in the sky. Absolutely beautiful. I love stargazing.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Kirisin, dogboy and LinkDL

LinkDL

Est. Contributor
Messages
95
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
IDKaLittle said:
In regards to the idea of a ‘fresh start’, what about fears of taking ‘yourself’ (your shit) with and it just ending up being more of the same? Thoughts?
It is a good question and I would like to have an answer, I think that I will be able to answer you when I am gone, I know that some things have to be released for a new beginning.
If you mean my DL side, I think I'll take it wherever it is😅😅
Maybe I'll make a list of my shit and I'll start with there😂
Thanks for answering
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Kirisin

LinkDL

Est. Contributor
Messages
95
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
royalpacis said:
I moved cross country to live with my daddy who is 22 years older than me and leave everything in my wake. I have no regrets and my ab self has been free ever since because I feel safe in the house we are building together
How lucky you were I hope you are very happy
 
  • Like
Reactions: Kirisin

royalpacis

Est. Contributor
Messages
107
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
LinkDL said:
How lucky you were I hope you are very happy
Thankyou I don't have many friends here yet. But I'm trying to change all that
 
  • Like
Reactions: Kirisin

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Messages
1,349
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
To add on here. In 2006 when we made our move to AZ my baggage came with me. I did have that small thought that maybe with a fresh start in an unfamiliar place my kink would no longer be a part of my new life, that it would stay back where it was rooted and that maybe I could live a somewhat normal life and not have this hanging over my head. It wasn't very long after being there that I was searching the different pharmacies for diapers. New city, new places to find diapers. I mean I moved from a town of about 4000 ppl to a city of about a million ppl. Lots of new and exciting places to buy diapers. The best part is that I didn't have to worry about running into someone that knew me. The stress of buying a pack of diapers went out the window. I didn't have to scan the parking lot for familiar cars or walk the aisles nervously making sure no one that knew me was in the store. I could take my time and look at the diapers on the shelf. No more grab and dash and ending up with the wrong size or type. I hated when that would happen. Nervously grabbing and getting to the register and out the door, only realizing afterwards they are the wrong size.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: LinkDL and Kirisin
Top