New bigger sized goodnites coming Mar. 2021

hanzertas said:
Yeah it was new to me too but now basically every time I'm there to pick up my prescriptions I notice Goodnites with the prescription drug label slapped on them in the back of the pharmacy counter.
Yeah. That's really interesting. I didn't get to wear Goodnites as a child except for when I was put in one as a "joke" one time as I didn't wet the bed except for a handful of times. So I didn't know they did that at all.

hanzertas said:
I notice Goodnites with the prescription drug label slapped on them in the back of the pharmacy counter.
This would be a cool gift for an SO to give their partner who uses Goodnites, have a prescription written so they officially are to wear them.

Reactions: TigerDL, Goodnitesdude0127, Weatheronthe8s and 1 other person
hanzertas said:
I know pediatricians can "prescribe" Goodnites

I mean... Who the hell actually prescribes something you can get over the counter? That is like a general doctor prescribing bananas or vitamins because you need potassium. I never understood the absurdity behind this absolute stupidity. I guess if your insurance provider covers the cost, then sure, but who goes to a store for it at that point?

mayhem said:
I mean... Who the hell actually prescribes something you can get over the counter? That is like a general doctor prescribing bananas or vitamins because you need potassium. I never understood the absurdity behind this absolute stupidity. I guess if your insurance provider covers the cost, then sure, but who goes to a store for it at that point?
I always thought it was just to guarantee that it's there when you need it. But yeah kinda strange. My dermatologist did that not too long ago with something and I just Amazon'd it instead.

mayhem said:
It's for insurance purposes. Some people have a health services account, that lets you set aside money on a pre-tax basis to pay for qualified medical expenses and can be used for things like Goodnites. I think if a person can get a prescription from a doctor (say, if their child is disabled and must wear them 24/7) then insurance will cover them, or at least a certain amount that they deem reasonable, per month.

Reactions: TigerDL, JOCKMAN, Weatheronthe8s and 1 other person
Spidermanbatman said:
It's for insurance purposes. Some people have a health services account, that lets you set aside money on a pre-tax basis to pay for qualified medical expenses and can be used for things like Goodnites. I think if a person can get a prescription from a doctor (say, if their child is disabled and must wear them 24/7) then insurance will cover them, or at least a certain amount that they deem reasonable, per month.
I have a special needs child. She has a Medicaid waiver that covers her diapers once she was past normal potty training age. I believe we do have to get a prescription for them. However, we get them through a medical supply company, not at a store or pharmacy.

Reactions: TigerDL, hanzertas and Spidermanbatman
RedPandaDL said:
I have a special needs child. She has a Medicaid waiver that covers her diapers once she was past normal potty training age. I believe we do have to get a prescription for them. However, we get them through a medical supply company, not at a store or pharmacy.
Right, that's kind of how I understood it to work. Like they decide how many your child should get each months, beginning at whatever they consider "past normal potty training age" is (I'm guessing 4), and they also have only certain brands you can choose from, etc? On the one hand, I'm sure that's appreciated by families of special needs children who need them as that can get very expensive. On the other hand, if they don't send you enough, or what they allow you to get are cheap and don't work for your child's needs, then a family may end up going out of pocket anyway.

Reactions: TigerDL, RedPandaDL and hanzertas
Spidermanbatman said:
Right, that's kind of how I understood it to work. Like they decide how many your child should get each months, beginning at whatever they consider "past normal potty training age" is (I'm guessing 4), and they also have only certain brands you can choose from, etc? On the one hand, I'm sure that's appreciated by families of special needs children who need them as that can get very expensive. On the other hand, if they don't send you enough, or what they allow you to get are cheap and don't work for your child's needs, then a family may end up going out of pocket anyway.
I think it was age 3. They always gave us a choice of about 5 options, depending on what they have for a particular size range. They send samples of each to try out. Since they are not really absorbent enough, they also provide boosters. We have never had any shortage, and they asked us how many we need per day. We usually end up with a large surplus that we donate to the school or other special needs kids that don’t have the Medicaid waiver.

Reactions: Spidermanbatman
Just stopped at my local rite aid because the website listed then as in stock again the other day, all 3 packs sold out now, full stock on the large though, same thing at target and hannaford ugh

Just received my order from Sam's Club, actually a good deal, cheaper than Amazon before Amazon jack up the price $25.00. Bought two boxes of 48 (96), total price was $76.xx. Shipping was free and they placed the two Goodnites boxes in one big Sam's club box.

Reactions: hanzertas
And I stopped at Hannaford that had 5 packs just a few days ago, sold out, still a couple large packs on the shelf, but no need

At least anecdotally, sales are quite good for XL haha

Walmart where I live still may not have the new sizes. However, they did just get some of the new Parents Choice ones in stock.

Attachments

• 20210505_173652.jpg
    20210505_173652.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 130
  • Love
Reactions: espectro, HappyNappin, hanzertas and 1 other person
Weatheronthe8s said:
Walmart where I live still may not have the new sizes. However, they did just get some of the new Parents Choice ones in stock.
Any good? The old ones had crap sides

Reactions: Weatheronthe8s
Rtrdude9699 said:
Any good? The old ones had crap sides
I haven't gotten them. This package is quite big and I don't know if I have room to store all of those diapers sadly. I may try to figure out something though.

Ishkur said:
Just stopped at my local rite aid because the website listed then as in stock again the other day, all 3 packs sold out now, full stock on the large though, same thing at target and hannaford ugh
I just scored my first pair of girls XL. I love the new flowery design and they do fit a little better. Still not great for ‘use’ but I was able to wear them all day at work without anyone noticing. I’m hooked!

Reactions: Weatheronthe8s and RedPandaDL
They leak pretty easy on their own, but add a Pampers Swaddlers size 7 inside and they are PERFECT!

curiouslittle1 said:
I was just about to ask if anyone else has the issue with the linerbonnthe new XL size basically becoming fake spider webbing from Halloween after a full day of wearing them... I too have it in the same area in the back, but I also get it in the front too... it tends to stick to my penis when I pull it down to go pee after being in the pull-up all day...

Beowulf said:
So I have an odd dilemma with the XL Goodnites at the moment. So recently I shaved my body as I sometimes do, now the material in the Goodnites near my butt likes to pull up and become loose, I think it might be because of the stubby hairs on my body after shaving? Very weird I’ve never have had this problem before.

-----CRASH COURSE-----

ANATOMY AND PHYSICS OF BODY HAIR IN RELATION TO CLOTHING AND DIAPERS FOR MALES, FEMALES, TRANSGENDERS ETC.

Credits: 3

Instructor: SkinnyDL ( No college degrees )

I have been trimming and shaving body hair for a very long time. It is a long process so I do it sporadically when it gets on my nerves. In life I have noticed peoples' body hair length and it averages to about an 1-2 inches in length.

Hair when left "wild" has more flexibility than trimmed hair. The longer a branch on a tree is the more flexibility it has.

---EXPERIMENT---Finding a stick 1/2 inch in diameter and 4 feet long.

_Step 1_

For ABs ask your parents or other caregiver permission to go outside and get on some outside clothing to find stick.

__Step 2__

Bring stick inside and take off outside clothing and put on safety glasses.

___Step 3___

Grab branch by the ends and break in 2 pieces. Repeat this until you get a piece too short to break.

The shorter the stick, or in this case, body hair is the less flexible it gets. Eventually it will get so short, like with trimming and shaving, it will not bend without disrupting the hair follicle. The hair stubble acts like the HOOK half of VELCRO, which will catch on any piece of fabric you put against it.

****OBSERVE****

For ABs ask for help unsnapping your onesie and pulling your diaper down a bit to expose some of your pubes.

Observe the body hair's direction of growth. Usually it "falls" down and to either the left or right. Not much of the hair "falls" upward.

99% of body hair follicles are not sticking straight out. Clothing and daily activities over long periods of time cause stress on the follicle making it tilt in whatever direction the stress is causing it to go.

When starting with "wild" body hair and going to clean shaven, one usually will grab their smallest comb for their trimmer and start wacking of hair. Once that's done, one starts shaving.

It is important to note which way the hair is growing. Start shaving with the direction of hair growth ( shave stroke down and a bit to either the left or right ). The hair will bend a bit with the pressure you give on the razor and the pressures of the cutting itself. The final shape of the shaved stubble will resemble a super tiny triangle where the point is on the upper side of the hair and the base is at the bottom of the hair.

**I do this next part on my face for a closer shave**

Lather more shaving cream and find the opposite direction you just shaved. Off-set the stroke by 15° and shave again. This shaves off the triangle at the widest point making the hair base more even with the skin.

I find when I do a full shave my "personal good stuff" sticks to each other and also the skin pinches along the leg gathers in a diaper because the skin momentarily sticks to the diaper because skin oils, pee humidity etc. Not to mention the irritation of the grow back getting poked by really short hair.

If you don't shave and have elected to trim instead, I recommend and do most often is trim my hair to 1/4 inch. This gives the hair some flexibility to not get caught up in the webbing yet still give me a cleaned up feeling. It also provides some barrier so pee-moist skin has more difficulty sticking to a wet diaper.

Hope this helps and if you have read this far you definitely earned your 3 credits! :)

Reactions: TigerDL
Weatheronthe8s said:
Would really appreciate if someone got a pic of the back of the box that explains the 'designed for night, great for day!' tag.
We all know what we want it to mean, but the could always just be ripping off the goodnites mean good morning's tagline.
Hopefully they update the product description on there website to reflect the new packaging.

Reactions: hanzertas and Weatheronthe8s
Hockeyczar said:
Just received my order from Sam's Club, actually a good deal, cheaper than Amazon before Amazon jack up the price $25.00. Bought two boxes of 48 (96), total price was $76.xx. Shipping was free and they placed the two Goodnites boxes in one big Sam's club box.
Interesting, it doesn't show free shipping. Maybe you have their plus membership.

HappyNappin said:
Would really appreciate if someone got a pic of the back of the box that explains the 'designed for night, great for day!' tag.
We all know what we want it to mean, but the could always just be ripping off the goodnites mean good morning's tagline.
Hopefully they update the product description on there website to reflect the new packaging.
Yeah. The next time I go I will see if anything like that is on the box.

Reactions: HappyNappin
Back