New Beavis and Butthead premiere on 10/27/2011!

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainpollution

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Other
So, who else is psyched for the new Beavis and Butthead series coming this fall? I certainly am! I have already seen the pilot, which is called "Holy Cornholio".

C

Cherub

oh god, not those two again. Just my opinion, but that was or in this case,,IS among the dumbest cartoons ever invented.

TheWolfEmperor

Contributor
Role
  1. Private
As opposed to what? At least Beavis and Butthead never set out to be anything other than what it is. Unlike Spongebob Squarepants that tries to come off as a kid's cartoon but gets more and more ambiguous with every episode.

Beavis and Butthead is social commentery, filtered through the eyes of two brain dead fifteen year-olds.

Although, for my money, it worked for the early 90's. I'm not so sure it will have the same impact in the 21st, outside of the DVD's that is. Not that there isn't twelve long years worth of material for Mike Judge and crew to work with, but I don't think Beavis and Butthead is the appropriate microscope to view it under.

FoxyFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Carer
I don't know if the statement of the original incarnation of the show is going to still be apparent over a decade later. Social commentary, at least ambiguous social commentary isn't a possibility in the New Age of television where most important issues are pretty spelled out and made easy to comprehend. They can definately bring the dumb, though. That's very apparent in society today!

Status
Not open for further replies.