New autistic member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
Hi,

I have just discovered and registered here. I am autistic (Asperger Syndrome), and study chemistry as a postgraduate student in the UK.

I have always had some problems with incontinence, since due to sensory problems (that are common in autistics) I have problems telling if my bladder is full, especially if I am concentrating on something. This used to lead to smaller accidents (where I would just notice that I had to go, when I started loosing urine), and during stressful times to major ones (where I would just suddenly notice my wet pants).

In the past, I have only worn diapers during thos more stressful times in my life, but in March this year, I started wearing diapers, to see how much stress reduction it would bring during 'normal' times. The stress reduction was tremendous.

After a bit of thinking, I decided that, even given the risk that I could eventually lose bladder control, the stress reduction was worth wearing diapers 24/7. I have been wearing diapers ever since. Well, me being a DL before that, might have been a reason for this 'overkill'-Solution. ;)

Another advantage, that I did not even consider when making that decision is that I can now drink enough without risking wet clothes. So I managed to slip out of the constant mild dehydration that was just 'normal' for me before.

I am waering Abena X-Plus whenever I stay home for some time, and Abena Super while I am at the University or otherwise out. I am currently testing Tena Maxi as an alternative to the Abena Super, since they seem to have more capacity, without bein as conspicuous as the Abena X-Plus.

When I started wearing full time, I stopped being weary to make sure I kept my pants dry. This has resulted in a lot less stress (which was my goal). I did not stop the flow anymore, when I noticed that I was wetting, and just let it happen. The 'wetting accidents' got considerably more frequent, and by April I often only noticed that I was wetting, when I was in the middle of it. Right now, I sometimes even wet without noticing at all.

Since I accepted the possibility that I would lose bladder control, this has not been a scary experience, but instead an iteresting one. Loss of bladder control was not my goal, but a possible 'side effect'.

D

daria7483

Welcome to adisc! Chemistry is damn hard, you must be very smart. Enjoy your time here.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
Welcome to the site DA, feel free to look around and post, please remeber that it's ok to ask questions and everyone on here is really friendly so no worries. :)

TallestBabyEver

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
Welcome to the forum! I have a brother who was recently diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome late in high school. If you don't mind me asking, how long have you known you had Asperger Syndrome? Sorry if i'm prying a bit.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Welcome to the site.

There are a couple others here with AS so you certainly aren't the only one (hint! ;))

Good luck with the chemistry, hope you enjoy it.

And last but not least: don't be too shy to post, we don't bite (hard :p)

Enjoy!

baconbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
Welcome to adisc. Hope you have a good time. Makes sure to check out the wiki ,and blogs; both have links in the top left corner.

Role
Welcome to the forum! I have a brother who was recently diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome late in high school. If you don't mind me asking, how long have you known you had Asperger Syndrome? Sorry if i'm prying a bit.
I was diagnosed on the 19.04.2007, but I was quite sure even a few months before that.

But I have always known that I am different... ...I just did not have a name for it...

LuvsGurl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
Hey! Welcome to the site! Glad you have been able to use your liking of diapers to your advantage. They are sure great to have in those stressful situations where you are afraid you might leak.

Bryce

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
OMG. I was diagnosed with it my junior year and they said I had it all my life. No one knew. I'm real good with computers and hey Bill Gates had it to lol. Welcome to the forums.

Grutzvalt

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
I, too, have AS (I don't feel like spelling it...even though I am writing this sentence to explain that I don't want to spell it, even though I could have just spelled it and saved a bunch of time), and I am going to be taking Chem. next year in high school...I am so screwed (Something to b**** about later...).

I don't have any sensory problems, in fact I have an extremely strong bladder (hold for 8+ hours while awake and active). A book that has helped me understand myself greatly: All Cats Have Aspergers Syndrome by Kelly Hoopman.

Barnes & Noble.com - Books: All Cats Have Asperger Syndrome, by Kathy Hoopmann, Hardcover

• Publisher: Kingsley, Jessica Publishers
  • Pub. Date: November 2006
  • ISBN-13: 9781843104810
  • Sales Rank: 5,564
  • Age Range: 8 to 12
  • 65pp
Definitely for anyone who wants to learn more about Autism (or is hungry for kittens...)

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
But I have always known that I am different... ...I just did not have a name for it...
Somehow I think everyone that has AS has this because so far I've heard that from everyone and agree with it myself.

Role
Adult Baby
Welcome

I understand your comments on the benefits of stress relief as I have IBS and when it kicks the only way I can get any sleep is to wear a diaper.
My other half works with Autistic young people so I have a lot of understanding of your position and have always been amazed at how well many of these kids cope and how intelligent many of them are, its a shame that they are so misunderstood by society at large.
Hope you enjoy the group.

Role
My other half works with Autistic young people so I have a lot of understanding of your position and have always been amazed at how well many of these kids cope and how intelligent many of them are, its a shame that they are so misunderstood by society at large.
Yes, but even though from the outside it might seem that I cope very well, this is only because I have managed to hide my problems. I still have all the probelems associated with autism.
Yes... ...misunderstandings are very frequent... ...the way NT's think is alien to me, I live in a world that is alien to me. I have been studying human behaviour like an antropologist, and try to make sense of it. From this model I try to predict the behaviour of others, and mimic some stuff. It works quite well most of the time.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Hi there

Wait a moment, a fellow aspie, and a fellow brit ... this calls for a hug attack

A hug attack said:
:hugattack:
Welcome to the site. I hope you enjoy being a member of this community.

Bryce

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Maybe me being an aspie is why I'm so good with computers. Or maybe it's me not being comfortable around others that lead me to be good with it. I still haven't learned to cope with it and have no problems except for the social interaction. The fact that doctors told me I was likely to of had it all my life and I didn't even know about it is freaky. It was my junior high school english teacher that told my mom that she thought I had it and I did all these tests to test for it and I did have it. I have tried to hide it ever since and am JUST now not caring if someone knows I have it or not. Well, nice to meet you. And just maybe, there's more people like us that like diapers and then I wouldn't have to hide it and have a valid reason to tell my parents so I don't have to hide them lol.

DannyTheNinja

Banned
Role
Private
Hey there DA, welcome to the boards.

AS is one of those conditions that I'm really starting to think should not be treated as a real "mental condition" because the people that have it are usually the smartest people you can find. My cousin who has AS is shooting for a National Merit scholarship, something that requires a nearly perfect PSAT score. I've been told that my own IQ could be 140 - but I'm convinced that my cousin is smarter that I am.

Often times I've wondered if I myself have AS, but have declined to be diagnosed either way simply because I don't wish to know. My gut feeling, though, is that I do have AS because I struggle socially. (I also have ADHD which is why I go to a small private school in my area.)

But enough about me. There's been a lot of AS-related discussion on here in the past because many ADISC members have it. So I guarantee you'll feel right at home here.

--Danny :ninja:

Last edited:
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Welcome to our community! I hope that you enjoy it here!

Please feel free to post anytime you would like and to ask qeustions, advice, or support that you might need.

NoobSauce

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Sissy
Yay, another aspie! Come join us in the Aspie... erm... informal... group. That I just made up :D
*waves excitedly*

Status
Not open for further replies.