New App DiapStash

plainwhitediaper

Est. Contributor
Messages
20
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Im excited to see android users now have a application to use like IPhone users it's called DiapStash. Has anyone used it yet? What do you think.
 
  • Thinking
Reactions: CptKirk
What does it do? I literally have next to nothing app wise....I hate cell phones lol
 
  • Like
Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2
loadedpamperman said:
What does it do? I literally have next to nothing app wise....I hate cell phones lol
You're not the only one. But trying to get a phone out of the hands of the youth is like prising a ray gun out of the "hands" of a alien.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2 and CptKirk
It keeps track of your inventory (stash). It also tracks usage and helps remind you of what you need to order. I also like that you can look thru the catalog of all the different kinds of diapers.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ChristianDiaperLover and Ceary
Was the “Crinkles” app an iPhone only app?
 
  • Like
Reactions: TigerDL
IcyBlue said:
Was the “Crinkles” app an iPhone only app?
Yeah. They'd talked about porting it to Android, but I've never heard of that being completed.
 
  • Like
Reactions: IcyBlue
Eh... I don't need something data mining my deepest darkest secret. :p
 
  • Like
Reactions: PaddedPonyboy, PaddedBass, Eclectic and 2 others
I just started using Crinkles to track my stash. It’s good. I even set up iOS Shortcuts to quickly log a change from my watch. It’s pretty basic, but it does the core functions well. I haven’t seen DiapStash, but I have some ideas for improvement.

I’d like to see more data, like prices of a package of diapers when you add a delivery, the ability to track cloth item use instead of treating everything like disposable, and an option to tag a change for the… ahem… final disposition of a given diaper… you know, for caregivers.

* how much used by optional weight differential via bathroom scale or weighed diaper
* was it wet and/or messy
* did it leak
* did it smell strongly
* was it in any way defective

Imagine knowing the value of your diaper stash and being able to track spending on each piece and find out what gives you the most fulfillment for price. Are your diaper expenses going up or down and why?

Imagine having a dynamic alert to say your diaper is probably in need of changing based on your historical use patterns.

How about an intake tracker to make sure you’re getting your recommended daily requirement of filled diap- I mean water?

If the app also functioned as a price and in-stock tracker for several sites, even better.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TigerDL
odd1inSyde said:
Eh... I don't need something data mining my deepest darkest secret. :p
You know, you could make a tracker yourself with a google sheet and google forms? It’s remarkably easy.

And if you’re still worried about being part of a dataset, how is google going to know what your data means?
 
blaincorrous said:
You know, you could make a tracker yourself with a google sheet and google forms? It’s remarkably easy.

And if you’re still worried about being part of a dataset, how is google going to know what your data means?
I don't need a tracker, personally.
 
loadedpamperman said:
WHY would one need an app for something your eyes can do in 1/4 of a second? I mean, I can EASILY SEE when it's time to reorder without any effort whatsoever
Because not everyone can get every diaper out and stack them for anyone who walks in to see. Plus you can analyze the data, though if we’re being honest, I’d prefer to have price data the most and Crinkles doesn’t have that right now.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TigerDL
loadedpamperman said:
WHY would one need an app for something your eyes can do in 1/4 of a second? I mean, I can EASILY SEE when it's time to reorder without any effort whatsoever. Plus I've been pretty consistent, needing to order about every 8 weeks or so. The only time that changes is in the summer when I feel better as I'll sometimes go without (when able to "whip it out" at will, such as when fishing, fishing in a bass tournament, in the woods, on my ATV etc. etc. plus I'll often wear absorbent reusable underwear in the summer...sometimes with PUL pants but when it's a short time event (say a Dr visit, lab work etc.) sometimes without. The only issue with the reusable underwear is they'll tend to leak if there's a large "surge" which is why I wear PUL pants on top whenever I might not have access to a bathroom every 30-40 minutes max. Man I wish it was summer year round. It can snow on Christmas Eve & Day. After that nothing below 80 in the day, 60 at night the other 363 1/4 days/year!!!

No matter what my underwear or diaper will always be slightly damp at the minimum but I can live with miniscule wet spots showing. I can blame it on water from washing my hands. It's the big leaks that can't be hidden or laughed off that need to be avoided at all costs.

I see this with my kids (now adults)....cell phone addiction is a real issue. They know if I see them on the phone whenever we're able to have a dinner together I'll flush their phone down the toilet. No, not really...just a threat. Drives me nuts to watch other families sitting down to dinner (in a restaurant, occasionally at my own table) with NO conversation. Just a bunch of drones staring at a small screen while they chew on food! When I see young kids (under 12) with cell phones doing this at a table I want to choke the parents to death!
Because the app is fun! It's fun to record timestamps of changes, updating inventory on the fly, and seeing one's diaper stash and wearing habits summarized in a cute little app. Plus, just because you have diapers left, doesn't mean you have that model of diaper left, and so reordering may be about, "I don't have any other bags of that diaper stashed away, time to order another!" Your frequency of wearing may not be interrupted either way, but it's a nice thing. I don't see this as a reasonable case for complaining about the prevalence of use of mobile devices in younger people.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TigerDL
blaincorrous said:
I just started using Crinkles to track my stash. It’s good. I even set up iOS Shortcuts to quickly log a change from my watch. It’s pretty basic, but it does the core functions well. I haven’t seen DiapStash, but I have some ideas for improvement.

I’d like to see more data, like prices of a package of diapers when you add a delivery, the ability to track cloth item use instead of treating everything like disposable, and an option to tag a change for the… ahem… final disposition of a given diaper… you know, for caregivers.

* how much used by optional weight differential via bathroom scale or weighed diaper
* was it wet and/or messy
* did it leak
* did it smell strongly
* was it in any way defective

Imagine knowing the value of your diaper stash and being able to track spending on each piece and find out what gives you the most fulfillment for price. Are your diaper expenses going up or down and why?

Imagine having a dynamic alert to say your diaper is probably in need of changing based on your historical use patterns.

How about an intake tracker to make sure you’re getting your recommended daily requirement of filled diap- I mean water?

If the app also functioned as a price and in-stock tracker for several sites, even better.
These are some really good ideas! I wish whoever is behind Huskysoft (the author of the Crinkles app) would continue to work on it. I've emailed them some suggestions of my own and have gotten zero response. Kinda disappointing, but the app is still enjoyable to use as-is.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TigerDL
Honestly a great app. I downloaded it this afternoon and counted my whole inventory. I can log my usage and helps me with my UIC
 
  • Like
Reactions: CptKirk
odd1inSyde said:
Eh... I don't need something data mining my deepest darkest secret. :p
Same, this sounds way sketchy. There is really no need for this app at all.

Also, I wouldn't want someone else seeing my phone while the app drawer is open and seeing an app named as such. Hell naw to that.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DanElmontan
blaincorrous said:
the ability to track cloth item use instead of treating everything like disposable
I track those by toggling the "remove from cabinet" setting on the change, so I have an "inventory" of 1 and that 1 never goes away.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Therin
LittleBoyCuddles said:
Same, this sounds way sketchy. There is really no need for this app at all.

Also, I wouldn't want someone else seeing my phone while the app drawer is open and seeing an app named as such. Hell naw to that.
The app has some really good features to keep it private. You can change the Icon and you can lock the app. If you read through there privacy statements they are all about protecting your identity and privacy.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BunnyPrincess
TigerDL said:
I track those by toggling the "remove from cabinet" setting on the change, so I have an "inventory" of 1 and that 1 never goes away.
That’s what I do too, but I have to do that manually instead of using my automated shortcuts.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TigerDL
plainwhitediaper said:
The app has some really good features to keep it private. You can change the Icon and you can lock the app. If you read through there privacy statements they are all about protecting your identity and privacy.
I still don't trust most companies. Their privacy statement says ones thing then they go ahead and do another. Look how many privacy lawsuits there are every year where the company lied about stealing and selling user data.
 
Last edited:
fun idea i checked it out for the fun of it cause i got many /varity but there is where all these new/other diapers are not even on the app or older prints or / discountinued ones,
 
Back
Top