• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

New and nervous

footballfanatic

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello,
I discovered this site just a short while ago and after months of internal deliberation I decided to finally register and post an introduction. I’m finding this more difficult than I anticipated as I’ve only shared this side of myself once before, but I feel this can be a step in the right direction towards self-acceptance. I’ve spent most of my professional career working in corrections as a clinical psychologist (no, I didn’t go into psychology to find the root cause of my “fascination”). I’ve been happily married for close to twenty years now and have an amazing daughter getting ready to go off to college this fall.

For as long as I can remember diapers stirred something deep inside me. Most of my life I believed I was the only person in the world that felt this way. It was actually early in graduate school while studying the DSM IV (a diagnostic manual for mental health professionals) I realized I might not be alone. After some internet research I learned I’m what’s commonly known in this community as a DL.

As reflected in my username I LOVE football. I enjoy all sports really, but my passion for football is at an entirely different level. Growing up I was a proud member of the Star Wars fan club, so you can imagine my excitement when my daughter expressed an interest in the franchise at an early age. We’ve spent countless hours of quality time together watching the movies, shows, and playing Star Wars video games. In high school I took a finance class that sparked my interest in the stock market and since that time I’ve traded stocks and options as a hobby.

I’m mainly looking to find support here and hopefully be able to provide some as well. As I’m sure most of you can attest, it can be a very lonely and difficult journey towards self-love and acceptance with this “fascination.”

Warm regards,

footballfanatic

• Love
Reactions: NappyHappy, XBOXSeriesXLGoodnites, RedPandaDL and 13 others
Welcome and I’m sure you’ll find all the support you need here on this wonderful site.

Which football team do you follow

Reactions: Angelapinks
Welcome❣️

I can understand your reluctance. I had told very few people before I joined adisc. The good news is that everyone here can relate in one way or another and we are quite friendly.

Not that I'm a sports person myself, but are we discussing 🏈 or ⚽?

Reactions: Angelapinks and LainIsLain
Welcome. Oh yes! The range of people that are into diapers is vast and wide my friend! All walks of life for sure. DL? Just asking but do you wear around your significant other?
footballfanatic said:
but I feel this can be a step in the right direction towards self-acceptance
Many of us are seeking a path to self acceptance. You may or may not be surprised but there is quite a few number of people here that are married and with a wide range of levels of acceptance from their SO! Just do some searching or start a thread in the Diaper Talk forum and your sure to get any advice or support your looking for. Thought I'd pop in and say that but now it's bed time! :sleep:

Reactions: Angelapinks and sdweasel
Welcome!

Forced said:
Welcome and I’m sure you’ll find all the support you need here on this wonderful site.

Which football team do you follow
Thanks. For college football it’s the LSU Tigers and NFL I’m a Raiders fan.

Reactions: tygerstripes
sdweasel said:
Welcome❣️

I can understand your reluctance. I had told very few people before I joined adisc. The good news is that everyone here can relate in one way or another and we are quite friendly.

Not that I'm a sports person myself, but are we discussing 🏈 or ⚽?
🏈, but lately I have started gaining some interest in ⚽

LainIsLain said:
Welcome. Oh yes! The range of people that are into diapers is vast and wide my friend! All walks of life for sure. DL? Just asking but do you wear around your significant other?

Many of us are seeking a path to self acceptance. You may or may not be surprised but there is quite a few number of people here that are married and with a wide range of levels of acceptance from their SO! Just do some searching or start a thread in the Diaper Talk forum and your sure to get any advice or support your looking for. Thought I'd pop in and say that but now it's bed time! :sleep:
Thanks. I don’t wear around her often. She’s actually okay with it, but I’m the one who has trouble feeling comfortable. Most of the time I just feel too awkward about it.

Reactions: RedPandaDL, LainIsLain and Angelapinks
We tend to go with what society says we should be, and not who we really are. We all want to be accepted, but to be accepted, we have to hide who we are, causing anxiety of fear of being caught. I have a baby doll. I want to take her with me in public like any other little girl, but a grown man with a baby doll is unheard of in public along with an adult baby dress and tights. Maybe one day, way after I'm gone, it will changed, but for now, it will not

• Sad
Reactions: Angelapinks and footballfanatic
footballfanatic said:
Hello,
I discovered this site just a short while ago and after months of internal deliberation I decided to finally register and post an introduction. I’m finding this more difficult than I anticipated as I’ve only shared this side of myself once before, but I feel this can be a step in the right direction towards self-acceptance. I’ve spent most of my professional career working in corrections as a clinical psychologist (no, I didn’t go into psychology to find the root cause of my “fascination”). I’ve been happily married for close to twenty years now and have an amazing daughter getting ready to go off to college this fall.

For as long as I can remember diapers stirred something deep inside me. Most of my life I believed I was the only person in the world that felt this way. It was actually early in graduate school while studying the DSM IV (a diagnostic manual for mental health professionals) I realized I might not be alone. After some internet research I learned I’m what’s commonly known in this community as a DL.

As reflected in my username I LOVE football. I enjoy all sports really, but my passion for football is at an entirely different level. Growing up I was a proud member of the Star Wars fan club, so you can imagine my excitement when my daughter expressed an interest in the franchise at an early age. We’ve spent countless hours of quality time together watching the movies, shows, and playing Star Wars video games. In high school I took a finance class that sparked my interest in the stock market and since that time I’ve traded stocks and options as a hobby.

I’m mainly looking to find support here and hopefully be able to provide some as well. As I’m sure most of you can attest, it can be a very lonely and difficult journey towards self-love and acceptance with this “fascination.”

Warm regards,

footballfanatic
Great intro. All of us are where you were at one time, “the only person in the world”. I felt that way for over 40 years, and did not tell a soul for 57 years.

You write and express yourself very well. You will be a great addition here.

welcome aboard.

littlemoosey

Last edited:
Reactions: Angelapinks, sinceiwassmall and perlFerret
welcome hope you can become more comfortable with yourself and all of this here

As a professional myself, I’ve been there. Maybe even still there somewhat now. It took me many years until I discovered this site as well as others to help me understand I am not alone. Now getting a partner ‘s acceptance is the next challenge. Best wishes!

Hey footballfanatic. I'm not a big football fan myself but my favorite NFL team is the New York Giants. I'm more into baseball myself if you ask me. It's pretty nice to see another sports fan here.

Hello and welcome aboard! Like you many of us thought we were alone but here we are! You’ll find great support and information on adisc and the folks here are pretty friendly too 👍

Reactions: littlemoosey
I am a fellow DL. Welcome. I used to be an all white plastic diaper guy, but I've been converted to prints, and it's been fun. My wife knows as well.

Welcome! I love meeting DLs who are also sports fanatics like myself! 😁

Welcome to the club! I’ve only been on here a week and have interacted with people from all over! I’m certain you’ll find all the support you can ask for and more.

I’ve love watching football 🏈 Have you ever had the chance to go to any games?

Interesting observation: A Raider fan and a 49er fan can get along because we have common ground in the ABDL world 🤔

Would love to chat sometime.

Welcome and congrats on writing something, it’s not easy!
I’m also a football fan, a Green Bay fan forever but love following it all.
Hope you find it welcoming here and feel free to ask me questions.

Reactions: tygerstripes
footballfanatic said:
Hello,

Warm regards,

footballfanatic
What a wonderful inrtoduction! Welcome to ADISC! Glad you joined us. Nice to meet you!

footballfanatic said:
Hello,

Warm regards,

footballfanatic
Welcome! I grew up in Canton, Ohio (nothing notable about football here lol) and I don’t like it that much. But welcome to the group! I’m excited you decided to join. I too have had an internal debate about joining but feel so much more accepted after I did!

Back