New ABU Diaper!

Well, looks like more shrinkflation is in store for us here. I don't quite like where they're going with this new "biodegradable outer shell". I really am hoping that Bambino can get their medium Bellissimos back in stock, and hate having to put my money towards something that works, yet has that uncomfortable mat outer finish. The new ones will probably be even worse.

Last edited:
KawaiiBabyjenni said:
Not impressed at all! I hate two tapes per side. Single tapes work way better for me...
The new diapers will have only one tab per side, according to the ABU twitter feed. Apparently the diaper images shown were just mock-ups based on ABU's existing two-per-side designs.

And I think the artwork is a good deal cuter than on the Tylables diaper, although some will doubtless prefer the Tykables diaper for its tape/tab count alone.

I'm less excited than I'd hoped to be. At a glance, these new ABU diapers look like a pretty straightforward retread of Cushies. I had hoped to see ABU venture into the brave new world of stretchy sides or something. Well! Maybe next time.

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
I thought the Bunny Hops looked cute, despite being pink.
I'm Cottontail, and I approve this message.

Last edited:
Reactions: TyphaHare
I’ll try to remain open here...but they ALL have hook and loop tapes? I’m not really fan of hook and loop. They just don’t feel....right.

As far as designs go; when I’m in an AB type mood (which is far less often than being in a strictly DL, non-AB mood), I usually prefer more white space and muted colors for the designs. So I think the BunnyHopps is the winner for me.

They don't "float my diaper" either, nor do their "no lower tapes design" actually work for me either.

Reactions: DprLuv85
It’s coincidental how ABU decided to announce their new dinosaur-themed diaper around the same time as Tykables’s Little Rawrs.

Slomo said:
They don't "float my diaper" either, nor do their "no lower tapes design" actually work for me either.

Agreed. One tape per side is nothing more than a novelty for me personally. I can never make them perfect.

I'm extremely excited about these omg!

Totally called it on the dinosaur themed and I am so happy about it!! :D AAAAA

The bunny ones are absolutely to die for as well!

I don't have the room right now, but when I do you bet your padded bottom I'm gonna order a mixed half case with both of these new designs (+Kiddos)

I'm super excited about the single tape per side hook and loop design!

Also I don't mind one bit about the biodegradable plastic. Honestly that's an awesome move by ABU and hope more companies follow in their footsteps. As long as they're comfortable and don't fall apart while wearing I am not complaining one bit.

Does anyone know if they're super ultra capacity like their PeekABUs? (Hope not honestly, would like a more affordable lower capacity cute diaper like Preschools)

Reactions: TyphaHare and TypicalFloof
Well I’m not super impressed, all the hype and not really anything too exciting imo

I might buy some to try, but I doubt the new diapers will be a new 24/7 for me. The Velcro tabs probably won’t be bad, I honestly thought the tykables would be worse than they were. They still give some grief though, and unless their was a price difference I’d stick to tapes.

The new bio backing sounds interesting, but I wouldn’t hold my hopes too high there. To me that just sounds like it’s going to be prone to pinholes and blowouts

• Angry
Reactions: ChooChoo69
Just going to chime in here...The Bunny Hopps are 4 tabs but the DinoRawrZ are 2? Not sure why the difference...just seems like another potential hurdle to cause manufacturing delays.

Both diapers look cute. If the hook and loop system is anything like it is on the Rearz Barnyard it's not going to be a concern for me. I was honestly quite impressed with their hook and loop system. Bambino Magnificos went for a stretchy side with theirs and honestly to me it just made the diaper fit weird. So...hook and loop no stretch sides....I'm ok with this.

Second issue is one nobody is really going to know for certain on until they launch with the new biodegradable shell. I really dont care about the switch here as long as the diaper is still soft inside and out. To many of the abdl diapers that are out there seem to be suffering from to thick or to stiff of a plastic.

3rd issue....I really really really hope the finished product is on par with the mock ups. To often is the case to see a mock up of something only to be a little disappointed with the finished product.

I'm also glad they went with something for girls as well this time. We definitely need more pink diapers out there.

tldr; omfg pink bunny diapers all of my yes!

Reactions: DanUt and Sheepies
The DinoRawrz concept were shown with 4 tapes, but the final product will have only 2 tapes. Also, not all parts of BunnyHopps diapers are pink, only the sides will be pink, while the middle part will be white with pink bunny designs, similar to LFB’s Nursery Pink.

Last edited:
ChrisKrinkle said:
Eco friendly diapers? Those cant be good. Nothing feels like good old fashioned oil based plastic diapers. I mean really, that's what most of us want...that 1970s Pampers feel to our diapers
I agree , diapers companies seem to be catering to the millennial generation now!

Oh yeaaa , I’m glad I didn’t get my hopes up, new odds and ends releases and more furry designs.

Slomo said:

What works for you is not necessarily going to work for me. I have had your Crinklz leak many more times than an SDK or Cushies. So, I hope you are willing to at least consider and respect those with a slightly different anatomy.

Can't wait for the bunnyhops. Going to work some extra OT so I can order some cases when they come out. Peekabu shell but with cutes and velcro, sounds perfect for me.

Reactions: Sheepies
My take away here, I think ABU is taking a great step forward.
The stocking issue was addressed for they're best selling items, peekabu's little paws & sdk's ill be in stock 24/7 365. I very happy about that.
I have a question about quality though, I'm not sure I fully understood the video when it came to diaper padding / core. I maybe mistaken here but I think Casey alluded that all the diaper cores will mimic the current peekabu's / simple ultra's.. the comments he made about wearing last years diaper model / they found what works best for all the products, I could be wrong, but if I'm right that opens up the world to these existing diapers, especially the sdk's, since for some reason those have a smaller length (in medium) then peekaboo / littlepaws.
Onto the new diapers, I'm very curious with the new "green" outer shell, I did do some research about bio-degradable plastic's (essentially made from soy bean oil) and while in the early 2000's there was a difference, today's products are very much the same as regular petro based plastic, except they will breakdown faster and cleaner.
The one tape preside seems really attracts me, I love that feature as long as it works for the product, what I am not a huge fan of is the artwork, its just not me, I like baby patterns like the sdk's, little paws style and my fav pre school art work (rounded and warm) But I'm willing to try the new products and good for them for always trying to develop / revamp products while maintaining a certain price point.

bigtoddler96 said:
The DinoRawrz concept were shown with 4 tapes, but the final product will have only 2 tapes. Also, not all parts of BunnyHopps diapers are pink, only the sides will be pink, while the middle part will be white with pink bunny designs, similar to LFB’s Nursery Pink.

Took this directly from their Twitter feed:
Ok Super fast #ABU4 Recap:

1) New @Cup_Bun stickers
2) New Biodegradable Diaper Shells
3) BunnyHopps - 4 tape hook and loop diaper, 2 panels, PAB Core
4) DinoRawrZ - 2 tape hook and loop diaper, 5 panels, PAB Core
5) TidyUps ABWipes!
6) Permastock brands - SDK, PeekABU, LttlPwz

Both diapers were shown with 4 tape mock ups. This recap seems to indicate otherwise. Though the post came from a user and not ABU officially.

Guess we'll have to wait for an official summary to clarify.

Venesha said:
Took this directly from their Twitter feed:
Ok Super fast #ABU4 Recap:

1) New @Cup_Bun stickers
2) New Biodegradable Diaper Shells
3) BunnyHopps - 4 tape hook and loop diaper, 2 panels, PAB Core
4) DinoRawrZ - 2 tape hook and loop diaper, 5 panels, PAB Core
5) TidyUps ABWipes!
6) Permastock brands - SDK, PeekABU, LttlPwz

Both diapers were shown with 4 tape mock ups. This recap seems to indicate otherwise. Though the post came from a user and not ABU officially.

Guess we'll have to wait for an official summary to clarify.

Hi!

DinorawrZ will be a two tab hook-and-loop diaper. The wrong image was uploaded by mistake. I’ve attached the correct mock-ups:

Attachments

• ED5AA033-018A-4BF8-AB56-4DE8EE0705D4.jpeg
    ED5AA033-018A-4BF8-AB56-4DE8EE0705D4.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 109
  • C398C0AA-CFAB-4721-9F5F-2F2D329632AF.jpeg
    C398C0AA-CFAB-4721-9F5F-2F2D329632AF.jpeg
    108.4 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Reactions: TyphaHare and Safariwolf
They look so cute! Can’t wait to get my hands on them but delivery would be an issue as I don’t want my parents finding out.

You might find some helpful advice in this thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m so excited! First Tykeables announces a Dino diaper and now ABU! *rarws with happiness*

Reactions: TypicalFloof and Sheepies
Back