negrep being lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
I've heard reports that negative reps are being "lost" somehow.

Long story short : sometimes, the rep your account has won't match the total rep combined from all your posts, because various things can cause these two to become desynched.

So, once in awhile, I will do a rebuild of the rep database. When I do this, scores may float up or down as things are synched up again.

If you have "mysteriously" lost or gained rep, it is probably the database synching up again.

So long as you've looked in your UserCP, and rep entries don't appear to be going completely missing, there is no need to panic, and you don't need to report this issue.

If you've looked in your CP and lines are actually *disappearing*, then you should report it. But if you can't put your finger on what is missing... then you don't need to report it.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Well, strangely enough, I've lost a couple negative rep but my rep score hasn't changed. I guess that means that a few of my positive reps disappeared with them? :confused:

Also, one of the two negative reps I've given is gone as well.

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Maybe these are some sort of timed rep? Which may also give you an idea of timed rep. Maybe?

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
Could you guys post the full reasons, and post IDs, of the reps that have 'disappeared'? Or estimates?

That would help me track this problem down. As you can guess, it isn't easy looking for something which isn't there :)

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I did notice that my rep went from 17 to 16 the other day... no new comments posted... not too worried about it though.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Yep mine went down 3 points, lol. Made me uber sad because I had no clue why. Glad to know its just a glitch, thanks, Moo!

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Okay, mine are mysteriously disappearing. I just went and checked my rep archive, and last time I counted 35, went down to 32, and I gained one rep yesterday I think. So anyways, it only adds up to 33... which means 3 of them just disappeared. I still don't know which ones, though. They'd have to be old onces, since I can still count for the recent rep points I've gotten.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Well, I know at least one came from DarkSun, but that was a long time ago. I tend to forget these sorts of things but I know for sure that there was at least two negative reps as I scrolled through the received. I'm not sure about the positive, but it could be what Mandi is saying.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I think all of the negative reputation disappearing is a secret sign from a higher power telling us to be more gentle and kind with one another!

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Probably not, Rance, and how dare you tell an angry white male in a bustling free market economy to be nicer? Being nice is for nice guys! And girls too!

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
Should I state the point that on the old site, blank rep points given by other members were deleted?

F

FullMetal

How about we just have negative rep disappear altogether.
That wouldn't be a bad idea: if we took away the good reputation as well. As we all know, hate but know, in life, there is no good with out evil, and vice versa. So why do you think it would work here. In any case, what would be the point? Can you please give even some sort of a reason instead of just blurting out what ever comes to mind?

FullMetal

Role
Diaper Lover
To quote cartman, "I had neg rep before but I had it put to sleep cause it pissed me off."

I'm just angry because I seem to get it about as often as I get pos, which isn't very often, bad people could be dealt with with the report button, instead of negative rep for the obvious fakers and mods would find out people were faking even without rep. I thought it wasn't our job to say "HES FAKE OMFG!" I've been told to leave it to the mods before, and that is what I am suggesting.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
Long story short : when I did the rep rebuild, it seems rep given to posts which were deleted, or posts in threads which were deleted, no longer count.

For most people who lost negative rep, this was because they got a negative or two for a post that was later deleted. The occasional person might have lost a few points of positive rep because they posted something good in a thread that was later deleted.

That's the theory so far.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
If that is the cause, is it going to stay that way or are you going to try and change that?

Footed P.J.

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
Should I state the point that on the old site, blank rep points given by other members were deleted?
How silly. I think those comments can be most useful. It's like someone saying "Hey. You're doing something that's not cool. You'd normally lose points on it."

Status
Not open for further replies.