Negative Reputation Limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleAdam

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
Has there ever been an instance where a few members have ganged up on someone and destroyed their rep?

Footed P.J.

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm not sure, but I do believe that having the rep number for a post might inspire a few to mindlessly join the bandwagon, like rep a +3 post or neg rep a -5 post.

Ben

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
From what i've seen of betagame's posts that have been moderated they tend to be well bad posts for various reasons like using bad spelling and stuff and not ones i'd particularly like to see here, but he hasn't done anything breaking the rules hence his posts getting approved even though they're likely to get him more negative rep. Same rules apply to moderate members and only their posts breaking rules are blocked by us.

As for the auto ban for rep i strongly disagree with that because moderation blocks any spamming and rule breaking. As for posts that people find annoying well your free to neg for that and if us mods see a person getting alot of neg rep for things that aren't breaking the rules, but are nonetheless disruptive we can talk to the person and try to get them to address the issues.

I know of several people who started off with quite a bit of negative rep and ended up being valued members of this community after being guided a bit.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
I would say -5 should trigger some sort of immediate discussion about whether to ban, and -10 a ban outright. I don't care if you are the person with the best intentions. If you do not make an effort to adhere to certain social norms within an online community, your effort is best used elsewhere, for your own sake.
Maybe something to go along with that is once you reach -5 you get a "Time Out" also known as a temperary bann to get your act together. I've seen it done on here before and it seemed to work.

Footed P.J.

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
hat's actually a really cool idea, and yes it does seem to have been used. Great, as long as there are constructive comments, because at times it does seem unclear what the problem was.

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
wtf ofcourse there were no rule breaks

We only delete posts that break any rules, we don't delete posts that aren't perfect. I don't know about all of betagames's posts, but all of the ones that I approved didn't break any rules. And not one of his posts has ever been reported either, so that leads me to think that none of his other posts have broken any rules.

The problem in betagame's case is, in my opinion, people have given him too much negative rep. I think that if Moo was online he would have deleted some of his points, because I don't see how beta has managed to get to -13 so quickly without breaking any rules.
YEAH!
wait, who all gave me 4 negrep points, they want me banned, :cry:
they hate me for putting good threads into ADISC, therefor a group of people didnt reply to my threads, and when th3y saw 52 threads, they pm'd eneryone and made me to the banning point
did Moo abandon the forum, and do something else
or he cant get his computer fixed...
hes been gone 4 2 weeks,

diapeybabybrian

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Has there ever been an instance where a few members have ganged up on someone and destroyed their rep?
I.felt.that.way.when.i.got.3.or.4.negative.reps.for.one.post...

I.think.you.should.only.be.allowed.one.negative.rep.point.per.post.

That.would.prevent.gang.rapes.from.other.users

-dbb
(broken_spacebar)

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I.felt.that.way.when.i.got.3.or.4.negative.reps.for.one.post...

I.think.you.should.only.be.allowed.one.negative.rep.point.per.post.

That.would.prevent.gang.rapes.from.other.users

-dbb
(broken_spacebar)

Copy and paste a space from someone else's posts

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
We only delete posts that break any rules, we don't delete posts that aren't perfect. I don't know about all of betagames's posts, but all of the ones that I approved didn't break any rules. And not one of his posts has ever been reported either, so that leads me to think that none of his other posts have broken any rules.

The problem in betagame's case is, in my opinion, people have given him too much negative rep. I think that if Moo was online he would have deleted some of his points, because I don't see how beta has managed to get to -13 so quickly without breaking any rules.
yes, they have done it to me...
From what i've seen of betagame's posts that have been moderated they tend to be well bad posts for various reasons like using bad spelling and stuff and not ones i'd particularly like to see here, but he hasn't done anything breaking the rules hence his posts getting approved even though they're likely to get him more negative rep. Same rules apply to moderate members and only their posts breaking rules are blocked by us.

As for the auto ban for rep i strongly disagree with that because moderation blocks any spamming and rule breaking. As for posts that people find annoying well your free to neg for that and if us mods see a person getting alot of neg rep for things that aren't breaking the rules, but are nonetheless disruptive we can talk to the person and try to get them to address the issues.

I know of several people who started off with quite a bit of negative rep and ended up being valued members of this community after being guided a bit.

yeah i am plannin on making a flash animation [ mainly bc i cant write a decent storyline]

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Wouldn't that take a long time to paste a space every time you needed one?

It would look better than periods...And all you have to press is ctrl+v...And it's faster than using an Alt code

Ben

Est. Contributor
Role
YEAH!
they hate me for putting good threads into ADISC, therefor a group of people didnt reply to my threads, and when th3y saw 52 threads, they pm'd eneryone and made me to the banning point
hes been gone 4 2 weeks,
Dude there is no deliberate conspiracy against you. If you make bad posts your going to get negative rep for them. In any case when moo comes online and does his rep review some of your negative rep may be removed... i don't know i can't view rep, but regardless of what moo does or doesn't do the reasons it was given still remain and at least some of the negs will remain.

In any case this is all i'm willing to say in public.

I recommend you make a post in the requests forum asking for the rep to be reviewed and at the same time in the requests forum ask for help as to what to change to make better posts that people won't neg. We mods can give suggestions on what to change and do etc. to help you avoid getting more negative rep and get your rep back to positive. But you really have to take the steps. We can't force you to do anything. If you don't change then things are going to stay the same and i don't think you or anyone else is particularly happy with the current situation.

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
YEAH!
hes been gone 4 2 weeks,
Would you stop thinking that everyone is against you and Moo is gone because his computer is broken and probably won't get it fix for awhile.

EDIT: Im going to tell you why people think your post are bad and give your some hints on how to make your post better....

hes been gone 4 2 weeks,

1.)The way you type them. Instead of typing them in sentences and paragraphs like everyone else on here, you type yours in chat formant which can be annoying at times
2.) "th3y" 3 isn't a letter so don't use it as one.
3.) Spelling. If your not sure how to spell a word, use a spell check. I have trouble spelling words too so I use a spell check just so people can understand my post. It also a good way to get better at your spelling too.
4.) Proofreading. Proofreading your post before posting is a great and helpfull way to make sure your post and thread acutally make sense. If your post/thread make sense, then people well stop bashing you for making post that make no sense what so ever.

Last edited:

diapeybabybrian

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Thanks.for.completley.ignorning.what.i.had.to.say,and.focusing.on.the.broken.keyboard.issue.

And.i.already.tried.copy.pasting.spaces

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Thanks.for.completley.ignorning.what.i.had.to.say,and.focusing.on.the.broken.keyboard.issue.

And.i.already.tried.copy.pasting.spaces

Well sorry for trying to help...I read what you had to say, I didn't have a response for that part, instead I focused on helping your space problem...

Ben

Est. Contributor
Role
Folks lets stay on the topic of discussing the concept in general terms (I know i got off topic as well a bit). The stuff with/about betagame is known and being dealt with in private by mods etc and further comments about specific people possibly being affected by any change to the neg rep consequences are just going to make tempers flare so lets turn this back into a general discussion of if neg rep should ban at some point or have some other consequences.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
negative reputation should not be grounds for an account being banned. people should only be banned from the forum if they lie about their age or break another very serious rule, or if they're found to be sexual predators.

there are people around who have very low rep scores (mentioning no names) but who have shown no sign of being sexual perdators. their posts are annoying, but it wouldn't be fair to ban them. just because you don't like someone doesn't mean they need to be banned.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
negative reputation should not be grounds for an account being banned. people should only be banned from the forum if they lie about their age or break another very serious rule, or if they're found to be sexual predators.
Yyyyyyyeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhh... I think you guys are being a bit extreme with this "ban for 15 negative rep" thing. Either this rule shouldn't be enacted or there should be some better ends for giving negative (or positive) rep.

LuvsGurl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
I think the option of restricting post when you are below a set -score. Most reason for a - are simple to understand. A the post is offensive. B not understandable, C SPAM, or all of the above. All of these things may not be against the rules, or make you a sexual pred, but they can look that way from someone that is looking in from the outside.
The site must uphold a set standard for post to keep from having people red flag it for anything that they may think is inappropriate. We all know those are not the people that looking for the best thread on the board to use as a damming example, they want the worst. If the standard it upheld by these -reps they have nothing to use.
Mods have said they are willing to work with people about these problems. Though if they do not mend the ways I have no problem telling them that they are a poor example setter for the Board.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Wow... I can't believe this is still going.

Your rep is the general membership's opinion of you. Obviously... if you have a negative score there are some problems that you need to address.

I only give negative rep if I find a post to be offensive or otherwise spammy(is that a word?). If a post is bad enough to warrant reporting to the mods I won't give rep on it b/c the post is usually removed anyways... so what's the point.

Now I'm not the only one with the problem here. It's not some personal vendetta against any one entity on the boards here. If your rep drops to -1 or -2 maybe you made a post that bothered someone. At -5 you should stop and take a serious look at your behavior. Keep doing the same things over and over again and you are just going to get further in the hole.

My point is simply this... we do not need more threads like:
"Diaper Punishment in Real Adult Life"
"Corporate BS Alert"
"I noticed a change in my friend... does he wear diapers?"
"OMG AB/DLs getting in the public eye!"
"How to get Diarreha"
"Have you ever held your pee until you burst?"

If we don't take steps to address issues like this it is just going to keep happening... and we're gonna start looking like something off of Deeker or DPF. I'd rather not have that.

Status
Not open for further replies.