Needing suppository and rectal temp but scared

Creativeninja

Contributor
I have a really bad headache right now from being sick and one of the main things that helps my headaches is Tylenol suppositories they work really well for my headaches especially if they're like sinus related. And I really need one this morning so I can do all the things I have to do today. So money that I chat with who is a nurse told me that when I have a sinus infections and have headaches and stuff like this that I should take my temple rectally just because it's hard to hold a thermometer in your mouth when you're sick and that a rectal temp will give you a better reading anyway. I was Googling to see if there was any contradictions to any of these things and I saw that if you have heart problem do not take your temper actually because it could make the problem worse. When I was packing to move like in August I had what I thought was heart palpitations twice in one week but it could have just been because I was like overheated and working and vacuuming and packing. They really haven't happened since that I can tell. But because of that I'm scared to do the rectal temp and the suppository that I absolutely have to have this morning if I'm going to do any thing that I need to get done on my to-do list. Has anybody in here really ever had Their Temptation rectally or giving us a suppository when they had a problem like that? I'm just a little bit paranoid I guess or worried cuz my friend I was talking to said that I had to do the rectal temp for at least 5 minutes and I don't want to like do it if it's not a good idea somebody told me to ask my doctor if it would be okay for me to take the Tylenol suppositories given that I had the problem of the heart palpitations before but he doesn't know I take those cuz I only take them when I absolutely have to have take them

IcyBlue

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
  4. Carer
Call your doctor if you’re super worried that you’re badly ill. The rectal thermometer isn’t medicated so it’s not going to cause heart issues unless it’s exciting you 😹
You’re used to suppositories so it shouldn’t be any different? Technically your other anatomy should be the same temperature which is much more comfortable to measure from?
Is there anyone who can look after you if you do get a bad fever or should you go to hospital?

Creativeninja

Contributor
No I do not. I went to the doctor's this morning because my sinus infection is not leaving and my ears were so painful yesterday with pressure in them and needless to say after the visit and the chest x-ray I now have pneumonia Jim but I've been only antibiotics for over a month for the sinus infection anyone I'm on now I've been prescribed back to back so I don't know why I have pneumonia cuz I don't even feel it this time cuz I've had it before hope it'll it'll leave soon cuz I can't stop my busy week