Need some purchasing suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

irnub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Yeah I know, another boring purchasing advice thread. This was supposed to be simple. I was going to have the house to myself for 2.5 weeks and it was a no-brainer to take advantage of that and get a variety case of some real abdl diapers. Unfortunately, ABU is out of simples (I'd planned to get simple and space) in medium until the 22nd, which is no good for me timing-wise. So now that the obvious choice for me is gone, I need suggestions as I don't know much about the abdl brands.

I guess I could go with space and lavender/cushies, but I'm not so sure about single tape diapers. I have no particular interest in re-creating a vintage baby diaper to the detriment of fit and/or function (please correct me if I'm wrong about reduced function of a single tape design), plus I'm borderline too small for the mediums.

The other option would be forget ABU entirely, but that's where my lack of knowledge about the abdl premiums is hurting me (my experience up until this point has only been medical diapers). I know bambino is supposed to be good, but are there other premium abdl diapers I should take a look at while I have the chance?

you could take a look at awwsocute, they have some fairly good (in my experience) diapers, or you could try rearz, they have a pretty large selection. that said, i would only recommend these if you are in north america.

I was looking at rearz safari on the bambino diapers site. I love that they have a small that I'm right in the middle of the size range for, but $3/diaper is really getting up there in price. Are they that much better than a bianco/simple/dry247, or is it just paying a premium for the styling?

irnub said:
I was looking at rearz safari on the bambino diapers site. I love that they have a small that I'm right in the middle of the size range for, but $3/diaper is really getting up there in price. Are they that much better than a bianco/simple/dry247, or is it just paying a premium for the styling?

you should totally read the reviews on them, but they are, by far, the thickest, most absorbent, and in my opinion, most comfortable diaper in existence.

The whole ABU Vintage style fit (SDK/Cushies/Lavender) can be a conundrum, for me they fit fabulously and are terrifically absorbent and reliable but I get the one tape per side isn't for everyone.

Terrifible to hear the Simples are out of stock but the Space (from my experience they are the same as the Simples) are so amazing they shouldn't be missed.

The Bambinos I have tried are good but I found Space to be better.

Thanks for the suggestions and info so far. A few more questions:

Foxroxsox said:
you should totally read the reviews on them, but they are, by far, the thickest, most absorbent, and in my opinion, most comfortable diaper in existence.
The review seemed to imply the rearz safari was comparable to the space diaper, is that accurate?

xpluswearer said:
DC Amors pink or Blue Idyl ones
I keep seeing mention of "gender specific" for those diapers, but couldn't figure out if they were talking about the cut or just the coloring. I'd be interested in the amore since it comes in small (couldn't care less what it looks like if it fits well), but if the gender specific bit is referring to more than just the color that'd defeat the point.

Some men are not secure in their man-i ness to sport pink. To me its red that has been severely bleached. I wear pink for two months of the year February and October. Also I do wear the DC Amors Pink ones I alternate from the DC Amors and the Abena Abri Form XPLus L-4 and the Dry 24-7's . .Remember guys Pink is another color in the color spectrum forget the gender stereotypes those days are behind us now.

sexy diapers and tykable overnights.

I got some Simples and SDK for the first time 3 weeks ago. The both are awesome. Simples holds more and can stay on better. SDK was my first time using single tape diapers and took me 3-4 wearings to get it perfect. The tape is like 3-4 times wider so it can hold on pretty well and tight without getting loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back