• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Sissy
I'm rebuilding a computer. Almost completely.
And I need parts without breaking the bank.($400ish)

Motherboard-
Ram-4gb
HDD-160+
And a few others I can not think about I am replacing.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
So why do you need 4 gigs of ram? I can never max out my 2 gigs of ram before I can max out my CPU.

Anyways what do you plan to be doing with your computer?

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Well do you really need to throw out the 4 gigs of ram? You might also be able to keep the hard drive as well.

Anyways its a bit hard to build a really good gaming rig for 400 bucks.

Motherboards, GPU's, PC Cases and CPU's can total up to like 40-400 dollars by themselves.

So unless you know what sort of detail you want to run the games at I can't really advise any parts to get.

miles

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I take it you have DDR RAM and are planning on getting a mobo that requires DDR2.

I can't help much with budget PCs, since I am a terrible price shopper, but like others said try Newegg.

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Sissy
I have two desktops with DDR ram and one (cannot pull the mobo out of this one) that uses DDR2.

>_> So Yes I do need a new one.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Just remember shipping and handling can cost a lot if you order shit.

A small gaming computer would cost me about $600 with shipping + handling, CAD.

D

Deleted member 221

my friend got this.
mobo:$70 intel 680i (dont remember which one,an ASUS they got from MSY)
RAM: $120 4gb (2 x 2gb) get a good brand,i got Team and they suit me fine oc'd to 1007NHz
250GB hdd for around $72 (these are aus prices)
core 2 duo E7300 $170
NVIDIA 1gb 9400GT ECS $83
random optic dvd dl drive $20?
case,anything you like $80?
psu 140?
os...download any M$ B$,not worth using $200 on any M$ B$ crap get *nix or download M$

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
TigerDirect, ftw. I'm getting a few various things to change around my workplace a bit ([removed] for my blogs), and it's only costing me ~$260. Get yourself a better processor though. The one in my screenshot is for my server, as I'll be taking my server's Hyper-Threaded 3GHz P4 for my gaming rig -- then eventually getting a Core 2 Quad.

As you can see, that gives me a nice motherboard, graphics card, a case with a 450w power supply, and 4GB of RAM (2x 2048MB sticks @ 800MHz).

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 221

oh cmon i got negative rep for *that*
*nix is any nix system;unux/lunix/gnome/fedora,ect
and M$ B$/M$ is obviously Micro$oft Widow$ xp/vista/7
xp pro/home are both $200 aussie dollars,and i was saying that its Bull$hit that its so expen$ive.
don't tell me you couldn't understand *that* i Mean M$/MS no difference everyone knows it stands for microsoft and B$ is Bull$hit you know BS/bull$shit geez.
i hate whoever neg rep me for *that*,i was just giving price estimates for a good system

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
oh cmon i got negative rep for *that*
*nix is any nix system;unux/lunix/gnome/fedora,ect
and M$ B$/M$ is obviously Micro$oft Widow$ xp/vista/7
xp pro/home are both $200 aussie dollars,and i was saying that its Bull$hit that its so expen$ive.
don't tell me you couldn't understand *that* i Mean M$/MS no difference everyone knows it stands for microsoft and B$ is Bull$hit you know BS/bull$shit geez.
I would imagine that someone neg repped you for your grammar and spelling, not for your personal opinions on Microsoft (I guess, I nor can any non-staff member see the rep you got). And would it kill you to use the S key instead of Shift+4?

Status
Not open for further replies.