TheBigHamm

The Padded Bear
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
Woke up this morning and while doing so inadvertently bumped into my Scentsy rock. Unfortunately some of its wax spilled onto my favorite little blanket and because I had to get ready for work I wasn't able to do anything with it at the time. So by the time I get home today I am sure it will be cooled and solid. Does anyone have any recommendations for getting wax out of my favorite blanket, the area that got covered I'd have to guess is about the size of a dollar bill.

For reference it's a fleece blanket, thanks!

-Hamm

Last edited:
my first idea would be to heat up the area and use paper towels to grab the wax from the surface of the blanket. You don't want to use extreme heat directed at the blanket, so something like one of those microwaveable heat packs would be ideal, though if you don't have one, heating up something like a ceramic bowl/plate from your kitchen in the microwave could work too. You'd want to put this on the opposite side from the wax spill and paper towels on the side of the spill to soak up most of the wax. After you get the majority of it out, you could probably put it in the washing machine and choose a setting that will get the water up to at least the temperature to melt the wax, and use detergent (it will help pick up and carry the melted wax away from the blanket). This is all given that it is a blanket that can be washed. If it cannot, I don't have many ideas that would safely remove the wax from it.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sheepies and TheBigHamm
Try picking the worst of it off by hand.

With boiling hot water routes through to see if war can out off.

Then put a paper towel on patchwork Reese's cover with greaseproof paper.

And then Iron with a hot iron. Hopefully this will melt the wax onto the paper towel removing it from your blanket.

Hope that works for you anyway. I'm sure they will be a YouTube video on how to get candle wax out of your blanket as well.

Hugs

Reactions: Traveller
TheBigHamm said:
Woke up this morning and while doing so inadvertently bumped into my Scentsy rock. Unfortunately some of its wax spilled onto my favorite little blanket and because I had to get ready for work I wasn't able to do anything with it at the time. So by the time I get home today I am sure it will be cooled and solid. Does anyone have any recommendations for getting wax out of my favorite blanket, the area that got covered I'd have to guess is about the size of a dollar bill.

-Hamm
Sound advice so far. Pick out the worst, maybe use a plastic comb GENTLY.
After, the old trick was to use several layers of brown paper (4 or 5 each side), above and under the area and use a cool to medium iron over the top.
As it's a fleece type blankie go slow with the comb, and low with the heat!!!
It may take a half hour or so, and maybe a change of paper a couple of times..... but hey, a blankie is a serious bit of kit and requires respect👍😁🤗🤗

ChristopherRichard said:
Sound advice so far. Pick out the worst, maybe use a plastic comb GENTLY.
After, the old trick was to use several layers of brown paper (4 or 5 each side), above and under the area and use a cool to medium iron over the top.
As it's a fleece type blankie go slow with the comb, and low with the heat!!!
It may take a half hour or so, and maybe a change of paper a couple of times..... but hey, a blankie is a serious bit of kit and requires respect👍😁🤗🤗
Yes the brown paper idea is very good. I used it to get wax off Altar cloths but now use non-wax candles. Don't Ask. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just be careful with a warm iron, most fleece is made from recycled plastic and does not react well to heat.

I had that happen about two months ago to the fleecing on my wife's jacket collar. In the future, it is worth missing work! Try gently rubbing in your hand for no more than two minutes to get anything loose off. Then take the hottest water your can find and run it over the wax trying to minimize spreading to other areas. Then wash a couple of times. Good luck!

Ise a hair drier and either another cloth or a paper towel. I put heat on opposite side and placed on a rag. Spilled hot wax all over a shirt I really like. It all came out so no pics to share. It had dried all day as well.

TheBigHamm said:

-Hamm
Put a towel over the area and iron it, the heat will help melt the wax

Sorry to hear :(

Sadly I’ve never been able to get melted wax out of fabric!!

Back