Need some advice. :(

DiaperLink

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
Hi all! So I have ibs and apparently I've recently been told I am Incontenince due to anxiety and bad nerves. I am a 27 year old male with generalized anxiety disorder "GAD" I officially got diagnosed with IBS in 2016. I also got diagnosed with PTSD and Panic Disorder/Panic Attacks, etc. I often get stressed or anxious easily its hard to relax.

I asked my therapist if I should wear diapers and I also asked my psychiatrist because they specialize in IBS in the psychological department. And my Pdoc even said IBS can be hereditary as well and I get it from my mom's side and my doctor fully supports me wearing diapers if they help me feel comfortable in controlling my anxiety because anxiety and IBS are related from what I was told. I often get constipated with my ibs. It's not fun. I often do go sometimes tho.

I've been drinking plenty of water, etc. Now my main question is how can I live with IBS and how can I live with wearing diapers? I go to an adult day program with special needs to help people with disabilities be independent. I have an ISP as well and it says I have to wear adult diapers to manage my ibs and anxiety.

My main question is now, what do I do about the diaper situation since I have incontenince? It acts up when my anxiety and nerves flairs when im around allot of people like my day program or going to the movies. I feel like I have to pee my self. I've always had bad nerves since high school. I'm 27 now.

I'm trying to make a goal to move out into my own place and take care of my health more. As far as the diaper situation goes just to be clear I a ABDL like everyone else here but I also have to wear diapers to control my IBS. I don't want anyone mistaking me thinking I'm using my fetish to abuse miuse of wearing diapers or anything. There was a time where my IBS was acting up at my day program and I thought I felt urine running down my legs and my anxiety spiked causing me to have an anxiety attack thinking I was going to pee my pants. Is this why I should be wearing diapers for this reason? How can I accept this? I don't want to get made fun of either but I'm pretty sure there are other people in my program that have to wear diapers too so I'm probably not alone.

And the thing is about this situation my parents aren't to happy about me having to wear diapers. But I can tell you they aren't jerks. They are the most loving people you can meet but they can't see a grown man wearing diapers. Yet I have a bowel issue and I have to wear them but it's not like I'm wearing them all the time.

And if I'm on my day programs van I feel like I need to pee when my anxiety is bad and that's the MOST EMBARRESING PART! :'( T_T What should I do if this stuff happens again I had to hold over 40 minutes until we had to pick everyone up. And I also feel bad for wearing my diapers due to my ABDL fetish too. Like I feel like I'm using my ABDL as an excuse to wear diapers by using my IBS to wear them but my psychiatrist, doctor, and therapist both suggest if I'm having urine issues or poop trying to leak out I SHOULD wear them if that makes sense. I'm sorry if I'm sounding negative.

And as a ABDL should I be glad I have to wear diapers because it give me form of relief? My psychiatrist notices I look less stress every time I wear them. And anxious. Why is that? Sorry for the long post.

And as for the diapers. If I have to wear them to my day program. Which I already have to. What kinds should I get to prevent leakage if I do have an attack? And should I wear something to cover up the diaper from leaking? Is it necessary? I forgot what it's called. And I wear size medium diapers. So yeah. I also have to wear diapers sometimes when I'm out with medical staff as well. I hope someone helps. Thanks you for understanding with my problem. Also is there anything that will prevent the smells so no one will notice? And prevent any wet spots from being visible? Thanks.

Last edited:
Veren said:
... just to be clear I a ABDL like everyone else here ...
I'm not sure where you got the idea that everyone in the Incontinence forum is ABDL. They are not. Some are just struggling and seeking support with incontinence caused by medical issues. As for me, I hate wearing incontinence products of any kind, and I have no interest in the AB lifestyle.

I don't have the same health issues as you, so it would not be appropriate for me to offer suggestions. But it seems like you have a good support network of doctors and psychiatrists. I wish you well. Just please don't assume all of us here are ABDL.

Reactions: flipside
"Veren, post: 1619933, member: 36437"]
Hi all! So I have ibs and apparently I've recently been told I am Incontenince due to anxiety and bad nerves. I am a 27 year old male with generalized anxiety disorder "GAD" I officially got diagnosed with IBS in 2016. I also got diagnosed with PTSD and Panic Disorder/Panic Attacks, etc. I often get stressed or anxious easily its hard to relax.

I asked my therapist if I should wear diapers and I also asked my psychiatrist because they specialize in IBS in the psychological department. And my Pdoc even said IBS can be hereditary as well and I get it from my mom's side and my doctor fully supports me wearing diapers if they help me feel comfortable in controlling my anxiety because anxiety and IBS are related from what I was told. I often get constipated with my ibs. It's not fun. I often do go sometimes tho.

I've been drinking plenty of water, etc. Now my main question is how can I live with IBS and how can I live with wearing diapers? I go to an adult day program with special needs to help people with disabilities be independent. I have an ISP as well and it says I have to wear adult diapers to manage my ibs and anxiety.

My main question is now, what do I do about the diaper situation since I have incontenince? It acts up when my anxiety and nerves flairs when im around allot of people like my day program or going to the movies. I feel like I have to pee my self. I've always had bad nerves since high school. I'm 27 now.

" As in youre case i started my Fecal IC journey with IBS (around 20 ) and sadly yes Urine problems arent that unusual from IBS either, SO id say the best thing you can do with youre current IC problems is to wear the diapers dear "

I'm trying to make a goal to move out into my own place and take care of my health more. As far as the diaper situation goes just to be clear I a ABDL like everyone else here

" Like Bobsled here so accurately states NOT all of us are AB/DL`S in here dear many are also just plain Incontinent ;) "

but I also have to wear diapers to control my IBS. I don't want anyone mistaking me thinking I'm using my fetish to abuse miuse of wearing diapers or anything. There was a time where my IBS was acting up at my day program and I thought I felt urine running down my legs and my anxiety spiked causing me to have an anxiety attack thinking I was going to pee my pants. Is this why I should be wearing diapers for this reason?

" Correct the NR 1 reason for you to wear diaper is youre IBS and also Urine problems and thats the reason you should state if anyone asks you "

How can I accept this? I don't want to get made fun of either but I'm pretty sure there are other people in my program that have to wear diapers too so I'm probably not alone.

" theres youre answer dear .A you dont have a choice as youre medically IBS.
B based on what youre saying the ods of you being alone in said program in having to wear diapers arent that high either so you have NOTHING to feel ashamed of "

And the thing is about this situation my parents aren't to happy about me having to wear diapers. But I can tell you they aren't jerks. They are the most loving people you can meet but they can't see a grown man wearing diapers. Yet I have a bowel issue and I have to wear them but it's not like I'm wearing them all the time.

" give them time dear and as long as they DONT forbid you then id say what choice do you have ? And again even if youe parents dislike this .its based on youre IBS = a MEDICAL necessity "

And if I'm on my day programs van I feel like I need to pee when my anxiety is bad and that's the MOST EMBARRESING PART! :'( T_T What should I do if this stuff happens again I had to hold over 40 minutes until we had to pick everyone up.

" That sounds terrible dear , may i suggest you talk to the staff of said program and inform them about youre sometimes upcoming needs of having to go use the bathroom. im SHORE they will understand and let you go when you need to dear "

And I also feel bad for wearing my diapers due to my ABDL fetish too. Like I feel like I'm using my ABDL as an excuse to wear diapers by using my IBS to wear them but my psychiatrist, doctor, and therapist both suggest if I'm having urine issues or poop trying to leak out I SHOULD wear them if that makes sense.

" Reason 1 as i said is most defenetly wear the diapers for youre IBS

The fact youe also happen to be a AB /DL well whats the harm in that ? if youre also able to actually enjoy having /getting to wear diapers then thats GREAT hon & either way you shouldent feel ashamed dear "

I'm sorry if I'm sounding negative.

" NOTHING to say youre sorry for dear "

And as a ABDL should I be glad I have to wear diapers because it give me form of relief? My psychiatrist notices I look less stress every time I wear them. And anxious. Why is that?

" As a AB /DL yes you SHOULD be happy that you now have a second reason (based on Medical statements ). That question i leave up to the medical professionals dear BUT i can say its not unusual for people with this and other diagnosis within and similar to this nature = ie Nerou psychological disablitys to also be Either just AB/Little's (as in my case ) or AB/DL or just DL s "

Sorry for the long post.

And as for the diapers. If I have to wear them to my day program. Which I already have to. What kinds should I get to prevent leakage if I do have an attack?

" What you need is HIGH Absorbent taped diapers as you also have urine issues "

And should I wear something to cover up the diaper from leaking?

" I would suggest get a pair of Either PUL IC pants or PVC diaper covers as that will both help contain any possible leeks a while longer AND also reduse the smell"

Is it necessary?

" Id say based on youre statement of said situation YES it is "

I forgot what it's called. And I wear size medium diapers. So yeah. I also have to wear diapers sometimes when I'm out with medical staff as well.

" Thats okey dear as long as you dont leek id say continue with said brand youre alredy using dear"

I hope someone helps.

" OF course we will try to help dear "

Thanks you for understanding with my problem. Also is there anything that will prevent the smells so no one will notice?

" The smelling will reduse with said PUL or PVC diaper covers "

And prevent any wet spots from being visible?

" Same as above the Diaper covers will prevent ugly embracing wet spots on youre regular clothing "

Thanks.

" ANY time and i hope i have been to some help :giggle: "

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear you are having IC Issues at a young age, wearing a diaper you can trust to do its job will take a lot of your stress away when the urge to pee happens and you know you will not make it to the bathroom in time. A thicker premium diaper like betterdry or northshores megamax or supremes will give a great level of protection .

Even if you get through the day with zero accidents being diapered is worth it as I would rather change out of a dry diaper then go out unprotected and find out the hard way that it was a bad choice just because your wearing a diaper dosent mean you can not use the bathroom when needed :) just remember to keep spare diapers with you at all times even when you make it to the bathroom ontime incase you damage your diaper when pulling it down.

Reactions: Dinotopian2002 and Deleted member 44276
Veren said:

I'm trying to make a goal to move out into my own place and take care of my health more. As far as the diaper situation goes just to be clear I a ABDL like everyone else here but I also have to wear diapers to control my IBS. I don't want anyone mistaking me thinking I'm using my fetish to abuse miuse of wearing diapers or anything. There was a time where my IBS was acting up at my day program and I thought I felt urine running down my legs and my anxiety spiked causing me to have an anxiety attack thinking I was going to pee my pants. Is this why I should be wearing diapers for this reason? How can I accept this? I don't want to get made fun of either but I'm pretty sure there are other people in my program that have to wear diapers too so I'm probably not alone.

And if I'm on my day programs van I feel like I need to pee when my anxiety is bad and that's the MOST EMBARRESING PART! :'( T_T What should I do if this stuff happens again I had to hold over 40 minutes until we had to pick everyone up. And I also feel bad for wearing my diapers due to my ABDL fetish too. Like I feel like I'm using my ABDL as an excuse to wear diapers by using my IBS to wear them but my psychiatrist, doctor, and therapist both suggest if I'm having urine issues or poop trying to leak out I SHOULD wear them if that makes sense. I'm sorry if I'm sounding negative.

And as a ABDL should I be glad I have to wear diapers because it give me form of relief? My psychiatrist notices I look less stress every time I wear them. And anxious. Why is that? Sorry for the long post.

And as for the diapers. If I have to wear them to my day program. Which I already have to. What kinds should I get to prevent leakage if I do have an attack? And should I wear something to cover up the diaper from leaking? Is it necessary? I forgot what it's called. And I wear size medium diapers. So yeah. I also have to wear diapers sometimes when I'm out with medical staff as well. I hope someone helps. Thanks you for understanding with my problem. Also is there anything that will prevent the smells so no one will notice? And prevent any wet spots from being visible? Thanks.

Hi Veren

I understand that this is causing you to stress out. Even people who don’t have GAD can find this unsettling. So don’t be ashamed of that.

Secondly, don’t be ashamed of wearing diapers to manage IBS, no matter how old you are. If you need diapers, it’s much less embarrassing than having accidents.

Thirdly, if diapers help you feel calmer then this is a good thing. Don’t feel guilty about this, it doesn’t mean you’re an Adult Baby at all. It simply means that you need diapers to manage one medical issue (IBS) and it also helps a second one (anxiety).

Fourthly, don’t be afraid of being seen in diapers, at least by medical staff. They’ve seen it all before and they are discreet. And however embarrassing an IBS attack can be, it’s much less so with a diaper on. So don’t feel bad about something you can’t control.

Finally, if you’re getting leaks, what you need are thicker diapers. Northshore Supreme, Northshore Megamax, Confidry 24/7 and BetterDry are your best options. I can understand this may unnerve you with wearing such thick diapers, but they will protect you from accidents and they’re very comfy to wear.

As for me, I’ve worn diapers 24/7 my whole adult life due to a chronic illness that has damaged my bladder nerves. It has also means I have severe chronic nerve pain from the waist down and I can barely walk, so I use a wheelchair. Since I started wearing thicker heavy duty diapers, I’ve become more relaxed about my health issues, and they also help me relieve some pain as they work like a compression bandage on my waist. I call myself a DL, but it’s not a sexual fetish. I just wear diapers for comfort as well as for my incontinence (and I think some of the prints look great too).

I hope this helps you see that you shouldn’t feel guilty, anxious or ashamed of wearing diapers for your medical issues. And if they help you relax and give you piece of mind, even better!

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Reactions: Deleted member 47221 and DiaperLink
Thank you all. Sorry if I offended anyone about the AB thing. That was a misunderstanding on my end. I talked to my nurse and she suggests that I wear diapers during my program and my outtings in case anxiety or have any sort of leakage. I actually find it safe and comfortable while I wear diapers in general because I don't have to be afraid of going to the movies with a bunch of people and having to worry about any sort of leakage happening. I've always had leak issues from nerves when I was in high school. So my nerves can get bad from time to time. Thanks. :) At least I can enjoy a 1 hour movie with out having to miss the best part and not worry having to worry of feeling leakage running down my leg, etc.

Reactions: Dinotopian2002
IBS is a pain in the butt literally, if you need a diaper wear a diaper even if it just keeps the anxiety down remember this a bowel accident is never fun but in a diaper it's at least contained (or the absolute worst case not the huge mess it'd be otherwise).

For IBS, any of the high end premium disposables, is a waste of money. Go with a medium capacity diaper, since you'll not be needing all that capacity. Only thing to be concerned about, is tall lifeguards, but literally all diapers have sufficient leak guards. Top with a pair of waterproof pants, plastic pants, to help conceal any odour

Reactions: rennecfox
I like attends waistbands for the high rise in the back, I generally use it with an incontinence pad to get it up to a medium range capacity.

If you’re looking for a medium capacity diaper, try the Tena Slip Maxi. They’re absorbent enough to handle BM’s, but they’re also discreet enough to wear in public with no-one noticing. I normally wear these as a night time diaper, but I also wear these when I’m traveling long distances.

You can get them in the US, but if not, try a Northshore Supreme. They seem to have a similar capacity.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Veren said:
1) Hi all! So I have ibs and apparently I've recently been told I am Incontenince due to anxiety and bad nerves.
I am a 27 year old male with generalized anxiety disorder "GAD" also got diagnosed with PTSD and Panic Disorder/Panic Attacks, etc.
I often get stressed or anxious easily its hard to relax.

2) And the thing is about this situation my parents aren't to happy about me having to wear diapers. But I can tell you they aren't jerks.

3) Now my main question is how can I live with IBS and how can I live with wearing diapers?
Is this why I should be wearing diapers for this reason? How can I accept this?
I don't want to get made fun of either

4) As far as the diaper situation goes just to be clear I a ABDL like everyone else here but I also have to wear diapers to control my IBS.
I don't want anyone mistaking me thinking I'm using my fetish to abuse miuse of wearing diapers or anything.

5) And as a ABDL should I be glad I have to wear diapers because it give me form of relief?
My psychiatrist notices I look less stress every time I wear them. And anxious. Why is that?

1) Just remember to breathe, the feelings, the pains, they will go away.
Try to clear your mind, close your eyes if you have to.
These will get easier over time, trust me.

2) IDK, but maybe your parents are just worried or concerned about you and how you will deal with this from now on.

3) Living with any form of IC is a pain, but we get thru it.
Yes, you have a medical condition & wearing diapers is the best solution to manage it.
I can not say you will never get commented about or made fun of, but most people are not like this.

4) No. lol Being an AB or DL and liking to sometimes wear diapers is a big difference from not having a choice.
Not having a choice and having to wear them everyday takes a lot of fun out of it I guess.
It is clear that you need them and this is not some ploy to get to wear them, do not worry about it.

5) Think of being an AB or DL as sort of a bonus, lol. At least you don't hate having to wear them.
The feelings you have of relief, security, comfort are perfectly normal.
If they help you to relax that is a good thing. :)

Personally, it took time, but I accepted that I had to wear them at night.
But once I got past that I also developed those same emotional feelings of relief, security, comfort, safety and found that choosing to wear one does help me calm down and feel better.

You were an ABDL first, IC second, I became IC first and a DL second.
Different journeys, same results, it really does not matter in the end does it?

Ok thanks for the kind compliments. I feel safer about wearing diapers now. I talked to my HPC Provider provided by the Board of Developmental Disabilities. Aka DoDD. They are being really laid back with me wearing diapers and plastic pants and have no issues at all. I decided to go with plastic pants because I had a severe anxiety attack the other night that almost lead to bed wetting. So I don't know what to do in this current situation. Should I bring it up to my doctor? It's got me concerned. And will there be a certain time where a staff will have to change me if I ever need it if I ever feel like I have problems with my IBS? I know I don't need someone to change me because I can do it my self. But what if there is a time where I'm having a depersonalization episode from bad anxiety that makes me dizzy and I need someone to help me change my self? Should I ask my doctor and my psychiatrist that as well? Thanks.

If you're looking for additional medical support, treatement aids or options, or even just to make sure things wont get worse, then yes you absolutely should bring it up with your doctor. Otherwise, why mention it if he/she doesn't need to know? Don't worry if you're in a situation where a nurse or physician assistant might need to change your diaper too. If you can do it yourself then they will absolutely respect your independence. If you truly do need their help then that's what they are there for. And they change plenty of adult's diapers, always professionally too.

Back