need help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rene

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent, Other
hey for those of you who wet, can ya'll show some luv and just post a couple of things on my (brand new) incon forum

its a non *b/dl forum
but thats cuz the goodnites forum sux
plz help me boost activity

itz at
http://wtrz.freeforums.org

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I think you should know by now, that it's not too great to advertise on here...

Rene

Est. Contributor
Role
that site isnt targeted to most of the ppln this site
i just need to boost some activity

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
It takes years to get activity onto a forum. Especially forums that are made on a (any) freeforum site.

Secondly... You need to have a look at it as guest. As guest it doesn't have any appeal what so ever so you'll have trouble getting members.

And the "member's area" is visible to guests"

This all looks very unprofessional and not something I'd sign up to (if it were aimed at a me)

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Renegade-a, you posted this same thing within another thread, which is pretty much like having a commcerical turn up. Why not just throw the link and some description into your sig and leave it at that?

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
The ADS The ADS!!! *hurts my eyes*

Seriously, if you want to be serious about starting an incontinence forum, you need to GET serious about it. Free sites don't usually cut it.

You also need your own graphics (not the default phpbb image(s)).

You say guest don't have access but as a guest I could have posted to your board (although I didn't).

Bad-mouthing another site (even if you don't like it) is no way to entice people to come to your site.

You also need to look at your own post structure. Capitalisation, punctuation, and grammar DO matter! Especially if you're the administrator!

I would direct you to all the advice Moo gave in another thread, but that thread seems to have disappeared. *shrugs*

diapeybabybrian

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
if everyone is so upset that he is trying to get some users to his site...then how about you don't post in this topic so it simply drifts down to the bottom and vanishes unless he bumps it?

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
I'm not upset. I'm just giving some tips.

Mysterious

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
As has been said, if you are serious about it, then it needs to look more professional. It needs something to make it not just seem like some run of the mill forum that anyone could make. It's a good cause it just seems to need a better effort.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
You should buy a paid domain.

From experience, I was running my site off of a free server for about 6 months. I hardly got any visitors, and made no sales. I went with a paid domain and hosting, my traffic spiked up and I've been doing great ever since.

At least for me, free sites don't appeal at all.

E

Error404

Get yourself a structure and a direct topic, then work on a base of current members and encourage them to invite their friends. EVENTUALLY, you'll get some traffic. If you're lucky, even some donations, use said donations as to get a domain name for your forums, that'll boost your traffic. <3

AshleyAshes

Moderated
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
that site isnt targeted to most of the ppln this site
i just need to boost some activity
Then wouldn't advertising on this site be a waste when it's majority wouldn't be interested? Ya know, from a marketing point of view, you might find better places to drum up a population.

But people arn't what makes a forum interested and populated. It's interesting discussion.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private

From experience, I was running my site off of a free server for about 6 months. I hardly got any visitors, and made no sales. I went with a paid domain and hosting, my traffic spiked up and I've been doing great ever since.

Do you make money from your site then, Mandi?

BabyKat

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent, , Private
Then wouldn't advertising on this site be a waste when it's majority wouldn't be interested? Ya know, from a marketing point of view, you might find better places to drum up a population.
This is a good point. You said yourself you wanted to start this because "the goodnites forum sux"...So why not ask people who know you there. If you can show an improved version of what they're looking for, maybe you'll have better luck.

Rene

Est. Contributor
Role
okay one at a time

right now i dont really have the $$$ (i know its like $15 a yr) but i run 2 other (non forum) sites and my own business and im strapped for cash cuz the price of equipment

secondly there used to be a forum that was kinda the same thing but the admin shut id down for maintenance and deleted herself, however it was heavily preatty popular and was hosted by a free site, but as i said i do run 2 other sites (ive only got a domain for one atm) and the private domain does make a diff

Get yourself a structure and a direct topic, then work on a base of current members and encourage them to invite their friends. EVENTUALLY, you'll get some traffic. If you're lucky, even some donations, use said donations as to get a domain name for your forums, that'll boost your traffic. <3
as far as having members invite their friends, that dosent work that good because a lot of the people on the gns board are only able to communicate there (they dont have other peoples sn's or aim names cuz the mods there are so strict)

This is a good point. You said yourself you wanted to start this because "the goodnites forum sux"...So why not ask people who know you there. If you can show an improved version of what they're looking for, maybe you'll have better luck.
that forum dosnet have pm-ing so if i were to post it (which i have) i will get taken down in a matter of minutes
i have to advertise in more discrete ways (for example, the newest user box, i make a user with the web address as it username that way it can only be taken down once someone new registers)

im really overwhelmed with work right now
so thats why i havent even been here to post anything for a couple of days

BabyKat

Est. Contributor
Role
right now i dont really have the $$$ (i know its like $15 a yr) but i run 2 other (non forum) sites and my own business and im strapped for cash cuz the price of equipment
That gave me an idea though. Maybe you can do what I did...Use the same website as is, just get that top-level domain and have it override the URL...I don't remember what they called it, but my website does that. It's actually freewebs, but I can save money on the actual website hosting and just get the domain or whatever. Also, just a note, if you want things to succeed, you're going to need to spend time and money. So if you're really serious about this, at least get a domain. Even if it gets big, you'll never know it's full potential without one.
as far as having members invite their friends, that dosent work that good because a lot of the people on the gns board are only able to communicate there (they dont have other peoples sn's or aim names cuz the mods there are so strict)
Well there's more than one way to bring people to your site...And I guarantee there's at least a couple of people who would join who would have other friends online...Or at least they would refer them to you...If you're site's good enough, people will come...And if it's really good, people will refer others...It's one of the best ways to build a site...So just start with like search engines or something and work your way up.

that forum dosnet have pm-ing so if i were to post it (which i have) i will get taken down in a matter of minutes
i have to advertise in more discrete ways (for example, the newest user box, i make a user with the web address as it username that way it can only be taken down once someone new registers)
Maybe you have to rethink the way you're advertising your site...People don't want to go to a site just because they see a link...It's in poor taste, and they may be more turned off about the site to actually want to stay, even if the web site and content is really good...If it doesn't look like you're just pushing it in their face, the people who come will be more likely to stay...And that IS a lot better than drive-by people who just come and go and just end up wasting your time and theirs.

im really overwhelmed with work right now
so thats why i havent even been here to post anything for a couple of days
Maybe you shouldn't be jumping into another project if you're already busy...Remember, if you want it to succeed, it will take a lot of time, and a lot of work. Just look at Moo...He's got to be going crazy by now.

PS.: Thanks Moo and keep up the good work. If it wasn't for you, I don't know where a lot of us would be.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
That gave me an idea though. Maybe you can do what I did...Use the same website as is, just get that top-level domain and have it override the URL...I don't remember what they called it, but my website does that. It's actually freewebs, but I can save money on the actual website hosting and just get the domain or whatever.
The thing with that though is that you have to have access too the source and you don't on those freeforum thingies.

BabyKat

Est. Contributor
Role
The thing with that though is that you have to have access too the source and you don't on those freeforum thingies.
What do you mean?

Whatever they call it, I did it to my website. Go there and all they care about is the part at the bottom that says thank you to freewebs. They get more advertising when I have more people coming because of the domain thingy, and I am able to be really cheap. We both win! LOL. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.