Need help with Diaper comfort

Cammer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
This is mostly a question for the men. I have been wearing for a a little while now and I’m having trouble keeping diapers from folding in on them selves and creating that slight uncomfortable of the male parts are being pushed around and in. I have tried doing the fold down the middle but it didn’t help, am I doing something wrong or is there something I can do?

Turfy

ADISC Discord Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
  5. Incontinent
The main thing I can suggest is trying to put the diaper on in a different position, or switching where you start, with upper or lower tapes. It sound's kinda ridiculous, I know, but the way in which you put it on can make a whole world of difference.

The other thing I do to maintain comfort is to always use cream and copious powder, the cream as it protects from chafing, and the powder because it also protects from chafing, and lubricates things a bit.

Reactions: Diprs2 and PrincessNozomi

hbic60

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
If you are not comfortable with your diaper - try different ones! It took me a while and several tries of different brands and styles until I found the diapers which fit perfect to my body, are discreet enough, have the appropriate capacity and feel comfortable. This is individual for everyone, what is perfect for me could be horrible for you....

Reactions: Diprs2, Zeke, Kittyinpink and 1 other person

Kittyinpink

Asexual, pre - op transgender woman
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
It's often two things.
1 . How you tape on and how tight.
2. . Your unique body fit / shape . It took me about half a year before I found the perfect fitting diaper for me.
I suggest you experiment with taping up differently, and try and buy a selection pack if you can . 🤞.. if you're lucky you will find the perfect dip for you . 😉

Reactions: Diprs2

CheshireCat

Neuromuscular Disability
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
When I fluff a diaper before putting it on, I grab the left side of the diaper with my left hand, the right side of the diaper with my right hand, and then move my hands back and forth in opposite directions, one hand moving towards the front of the diaper, the other hand moving towards the back (not too forcefully). This gets the padding in the crotch to relax considerably. Then, when I tape it on, I make sure the crotch does not form a W shape. If it does start to fold up in the center while taping, I reach in and push the center down so that the crotch forms a V or U.

I find the crotch will stay that way, except if I wear trousers (jeans especially) that are snug. Then the crotch of the trousers or jeans tend to interfere with the placement of the crotch of the diaper. At that point, lose the fashion statement and move up a size.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Kittyinpink

SparkyDog

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Cammer said:
This is mostly a question for the men. I have been wearing for a a little while now and I’m having trouble keeping diapers from folding in on them selves and creating that slight uncomfortable of the male parts are being pushed around and in. I have tried doing the fold down the middle but it didn’t help, am I doing something wrong or is there something I can do?
Is your diaper too big?
Might need to dry a different diaper or size and see if that continues to happen.
Does it happen dry or wet? both?

Cammer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
SparkyDog said:
Is your diaper too big?
Might need to dry a different diaper or size and see if that continues to happen.
Does it happen dry or wet? both?
Not too big but it tends to happen more with the mega max than the better drys. They both have been the best fit with my waist because I found I was in between a lot of size mediums and large. And the mediums in the better dry and mega max both seem to fit my waist the best. I think it’s the bulk of the mega max which I wear to bed. It solves it self sometime during the night when I’m asleep and it gets wet.

Cammer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
CheshireCat said:
When I fluff a diaper before putting it on, I grab the left side of the diaper with my left hand, the right side of the diaper with my right hand, and then move my hands back and forth in opposite directions, one hand moving towards the front of the diaper, the other hand moving towards the back (not too forcefully). This gets the padding in the crotch to relax considerably. Then, when I tape it on, I make sure the crotch does not form a W shape. If it does start to fold up in the center while taping, I reach in and push the center down so that the crotch forms a V or U.

I find the crotch will stay that way, except if I wear trousers (jeans especially) that are snug. Then the crotch of the trousers or jeans tend to interfere with the placement of the crotch of the diaper. At that point, lose the fashion statement and move up a size.
I will have to try that, it’s mostly in the mega max when I’m going to sleep.

SparkyDog

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Cammer said:
Not too big but it tends to happen more with the mega max than the better drys. They both have been the best fit with my waist because I found I was in between a lot of size mediums and large. And the mediums in the better dry and mega max both seem to fit my waist the best. I think it’s the bulk of the mega max which I wear to bed. It solves it self sometime during the night when I’m asleep and it gets wet.
Like others have suggested fluff up the diaper
You can also try a booster pad
might help for a better snug fit with less movement while you sleep
Do you wear anything over the diaper?
I wear boxer briefs over top. Keeps everything properly in place

Kittyinpink

Asexual, pre - op transgender woman
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Cammer said:
I will have to try that, it’s mostly in the mega max when I’m going to sleep.
Mega max didn't work well for me . Same size and style of taping that I normally do , but I just couldn't get a comfortable fit . Others rave about them ..

IncognitoAura

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Personally I find that folding them in half ( lengthways) and holding them in that position for like a minute then putting them on standing helps stop the "W" shape from forming, At night its not so much of an issue as while sleeping my incontinence is always worse/ heavier so i have to use very high capacity diapers that don't tend to form the shape, hope this helps :)

Reactions: Diprs2 and Constantlydamp

Cammer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
SparkyDog said:
Like others have suggested fluff up the diaper
You can also try a booster pad
might help for a better snug fit with less movement while you sleep
Do you wear anything over the diaper?
I wear boxer briefs over top. Keeps everything properly in place
I might have some boxer briefs left over, I’ll try that

Link66

Nappyuser
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I wear cotton bike shorts over my nappy during the day. I holds everything firm and also dampens any crinkling sounds.