Need help to stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littleabgirl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Hey bABies and DL's,

Basically, for various reasons (relationship, etc) I need to stop my AB play for a while. So not even wearing at night.

If I was on a 'purge' then this would be fine and easy. But i'm not. I don't feel ready to give up at the moment but it would be healthier for me to do so for a while.

The problem is i'm not really sure how. I'm not willing to throw my stuff away as there's alot of money invested there and I know I will come back to it eventually, also there is no-where that I can lock these things out of my reach.

Does anyone have any idea's on how to satisfy the need without doing the deed? ( <- intentional rhyme :p)

Any idea's are welcome :)

xxxx

BoundCoder

nnember
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
  3. Private
Does anyone have any idea's on how to satisfy the need without doing the deed?

Use your imagination? Props are nice.. but ultimately it's all in our heads.

Maybe focus less on physical play and more on reading/artwork/etc ...

Coyote_Howl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Carer
Basically the above, if it isn't sexual then likely will need to find ways to keep your mind off AB stuff, and even then probably some willpower to not indulge. Never tried with AB things, but with eating and other vital things I've managed to actually put it off for way long then I should be getting tied up into something (playing a game, or writing, or a movie, etc.). If it was sexual, it would be a bit easier, but meh. Anyways yeah, it will just be a mix of keeping your mind active and some willpower.

M

Maxx

Stay busy with other things. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I had to quit for a couple of years when the daughter and grandkids moved in with us. Worse, I had to purge because I wasn't sure my hiding spot would stand up to a couple of inquisitive kids.

H

hannahmontana

take your mind off it and do some thing you enjoy doing that is not ab stuff. hiding them i would put them in the loft if you have one or try hide them in the hotpress some where out of sight

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I would say put your AB stuff somewhere it is inconvient to get to; taped up in a box on the top shelf of a closet, or packed up out in the garage. Just find somewhere that is inconvient, and that you don't frequently see. Secondly I would say get a new hobbie, start reading a new book, or take up learning to play a new instrument, or fly kytes, something that you can use as a replacment for a little while. Best of luck.

GoldDragonAurkarm

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I would say put your AB stuff somewhere it is inconvient to get to; taped up in a box on the top shelf of a closet, or packed up out in the garage. Just find somewhere that is inconvient, and that you don't frequently see. Secondly I would say get a new hobbie, start reading a new book, or take up learning to play a new instrument, or fly kytes, something that you can use as a replacment for a little while. Best of luck.

^^^ This. If you have to stop, box the stuff up and put it up in the attic. Then get a couple of new hobbies.

pajamakitten

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Carer
I'd do the whole hiding your stuff thing, that way it's out of the way while your purging but you don't have to worry about buying a load of new stuff when you start up again as that can be expensive.

Problems

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I, personally, could never stop indulging myself in something like that (if it is a sexual thing for you) without getting rid of everything. I wanted to take a long break from doing ABDL stuff online, and I had to delete ALL my accounts on ANY website that was diaper related.

Hope that's not too unencouraging. :(

babygary

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
  5. Incontinent
Get yourself a big trunk and lock everything up in it. If you have an attic, put it up there and bury it under a bunch of other stuff. If not, still lock it up in the trunk and give someone you trust all the keys for the trunk. You can take the trunk and cover it with a cloth and make an end table or coffee table out of it. You won't be able to get into it unless you get the key back (when you are ready to play again or when you decide that you really want to get rid of everything). The person you give the key to will have no idea what the key goes to so there is no chance that they will know anything about what you like to do. Giving the stuff away is the last resort if you know you will never want to play baby again.

ForkInTheRoad

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Can we look at this from another angle? Why do you feel you need to give it up? You mentioned it is because of a relationship. Does your partner know about this side of you? Have you told your partner? I got into a marriage without telling my spouse about being DL. I told her 6 months into the marriage. We struggled for the rest of our marriage with this. She never liked my DL side, never accepted it, wanted me to get "cured". I went through binge/purge/denial cycles. I hated it. I moved out after 18 years together. My life has certainly been a challenge since then, but I no longer "cycle". I accept and love my DL side. I don't think it will ever go away and the moment I accepted that, I was in a much better place.

I can understand having to put things on hold as in Maxx's situation, but I don't think it's a good idea to put your AB side on hold for a relationship. I'm not sure what other people think, but I think once you are ABDL you are ABDL for life, so I don't like the idea of you having to hide part of who you are for a relationship. I am speaking from a small sample size, my marriage, but I thought it could help add some perspective to the discussion.

Dangitbawb

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
I found that the best way to hide your abdl things are to put them in your luggage! Maybe put a lock on it, it will be mostly inconspicous, how many people ever look in someone's suitcase? A taped up box would draw more attention than plain ol' luggage.

vagueimpression

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I suggest you ask your selfif you really want to quit, then make sure i'ts because you want to. Then i would suggest to get out of your confort zone (big time ) and ask your self what you don't like abojut your current ab/dl life. Then i would suggest to go on a spree and live it up, by that i mean just wear your diapers and enjoy it knowing you are going to quit (i did a similar thing when i chose to become a vegitarian, basicly i ate a bunch of meat) Then after you did what you did burn the crap out of ab/dl junk( i did a similar thing with my X-box 360 and like 45 games expt i smahed my addiction with a hammer also did that to my ds but kept my c&c zero hour ) just so that you know your mind has been made. Last thing is every time you'r tempted, just remeber that it was your choice and ultimately it's your choice alone. That just how did it, and maybe i might get off the waggen my self(not now tho maybe later) Oh oh oh Also also make your body your slave don't be a slave to your body. (wrote this when i got out of a 16 shift so no edit and no second look) By the way good luck.

CrazySmoker

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
You have a few alternatives:

- you´ll sing the true and continue be AB (but it´s hazardous)
- you close your stuff into some metal box with the key
- you stop the relationship
- you throw out your stuff and keep your secret

Basicaly, if you want to be in some relationship with someone, that person have to accept all of you, indiferent if it´s normal or not, bad or good etc. If not accept, the relationship will go to the hell soon on later, but will go.

Shadowhawk

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
When I need to avoid the want to wear I distracted myself with other things. When I was at w church trip over the summer I had to avoid the want for about a month. It was a pain, but I got though it by distrcting myself with other things. When ever I felt a need I would go on a walk and talk to my friends. :)

Littleabgirl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
First of all I really want to thank everyone who replied and offered advice, I really appreciate it all and it's all been very useful - I'd never considered making the box hard to get to so that is what I will probably do next. So far it's been about 3 weeks without any real baby stuff - no dummy, no nappy, no nothing! And it's getting easier each day so hopefully with these final bits of advice I should be able to kick it for good! Atleast 6 months i'm hoping :)

I suppose I should explain in more detail why I am quitting for a while as it may help, or atleast, people can express their thoughts on it.

I am in a relationship with a very loving, kind man (eeyore for those who know him, he used to be ukdl1989 and recently changed his name) he is a member on here so obviously into this kinda thing :p He's more of a DL whereas i'm an AB through and through. So basically him understanding it is not an issue! He often lets me indulge, he's bought me things for Christmas and been my daddy/caregiver many times in the past. So, given this I'm sure people are wondering why I am giving up on this when i'm sure so many people out there dream every night of having this type of relationship. Well, the answer is simple; balance and guilt.

Balance: Recently it's been too much AB and not enough adult and I never wanted this to happen. It's really important to develope your relationship above your fantasies and unfortunantly this has not happened as of late. It's entirely my fault as i've been on quite an 'AB Binge' and so everytime he has come to visit (we're long distance at the moment) I have been wearing/ baby playing so there hasn't been much time for us to grow as a couple.

Guilt: I have never compeletly come to terms with this side of me. I embrace it and am mostly happy with it when i'm alone, but when i'm with my boyfriend I always feel guilty for wanting baby time. He has said many times that he is happy to do it etc but I can't ever stop thinking that i'm forcing him into it. He says i'm not but I suppose i'm just so worried about this AB side of me and can't quite be at peace with it that i'm always worried it's inappropriate/dangerous/selfish/embarassing etc etc, you get the idea.

So really I want to give up for a while to a) break this binge that has gone on for far too long and b) so I can stop beating myself up for a while over how much of a freak I consider myself.

So, knowing this, what do people think? Any more ideas on how to stop?

Thankyou for taking the time to read this and thankyou in advance to any people who do reply and please feel free to reply just in general with your thoughts if you don't have any new ideas.

:) xxxxxx :)

LunaCat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Balance: Recently it's been too much AB and not enough adult and I never wanted this to happen. It's really important to develope your relationship above your fantasies and unfortunantly this has not happened as of late. It's entirely my fault as i've been on quite an 'AB Binge' and so everytime he has come to visit (we're long distance at the moment) I have been wearing/ baby playing so there hasn't been much time for us to grow as a couple.
Balance is good. One should always strive for it.

Guilt: I have never compeletly come to terms with this side of me. I embrace it and am mostly happy with it when i'm alone, but when i'm with my boyfriend I always feel guilty for wanting baby time. He has said many times that he is happy to do it etc but I can't ever stop thinking that i'm forcing him into it. He says i'm not but I suppose i'm just so worried about this AB side of me and can't quite be at peace with it that i'm always worried it's inappropriate/dangerous/selfish/embarassing etc etc, you get the idea.
I would say part of growing in your relationship will be learning to trust him when he says he's happy to do what makes you happy. You shouldn't feel guilty about what you are and what you want if you are keeping the balance you mention above.

If he cares about you, he'll sincerely want to make you happy. Eventually you'll come to believe him :)

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
This sounds like it's mostly about the guilt. So many of us have been there, and I certainly can understand that. I'm a strong believer in balance, so having some meet ups without the diapers makes perfect sense. Since he lives some distance away, can't you indulge when he's not around. I know as long as I'm indulging some days, I don't have to indulge on others.

AEsahaettr

Diapered Oracle
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
  4. Other
I'll often have some fun with WS when I take a shower, or hold my hand in the stream when I sit on the loo (and wash it immediately after). Gives a nice little shot of the thrill for me.

CrazySmoker

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
Stop forever ? It doesn´t work, one time you´re AB, so you´ll be it all of life, but you can balnce it, of course. Any obsesion never is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.