Need help double diapering!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordanOG

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Ok so I've tried double diapering several times now and from what I understand I just cut some slits in the outer side of the diaper at the front but it just isn't working. Could someone tell me, in detail, how to do it please. Or if you could post a picture on what it should look like that would be a massive help!

I tried the slit thing and it never really worked for me either. Now when I do it I actually cut most of the plastic backing off the crotch of the inside diaper. I just keep the cuts between where the leg elastic is and it holds shape just well enough to fit into the outer diaper.

mrbuckeye87 said:
I tried the slit thing and it never really worked for me either. Now when I do it I actually cut most of the plastic backing off the crotch of the inside diaper. I just keep the cuts between where the leg elastic is and it holds shape just well enough to fit into the outer diaper.

Thats whatI also do. I will also occasionally cut the outer diapers inside so it absorbs quicker.

my advice is if you are using another diaper, cut off all not pad parts, it usually works better that way, some type of pad inside like an tena overnight or equivalent with slits will work better and be more comfortable and it has adhesive to hold it in place., and it usually works better then using 2 not so great diapers. Make sure the pad is positioned where you will pee . I'd fold the inner pad in half the way you are wearing it to create a funnel and make the slits around that line. Also use a size bigger for the top diaper.

Last edited:
JordanOG said:
Ok so I've tried double diapering several times now and from what I understand I just cut some slits in the outer side of the diaper at the front but it just isn't working. Could someone tell me, in detail, how to do it please. Or if you could post a picture on what it should look like that would be a massive help!

I made a handy guide back in 2014 on stuffing a diaper without cutting slits.
You don't have to use so many diapers as I did, the principle is the same regardless.

https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/84946-Making-stuffing-a-diaper-to-ridiculous-thickness

Hope it helps.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Hi all

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Babyandy123 said:
Hi all

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Do you have some input into how to double diaper? If so you seem to have neglected to share it in this message.

Anyway the main detail with doubling up a diaper is this, you want the inner diaper to be the part that gets wet first so you want it to be keeping your faucet covered. folding it so their is an invisible line will actually make it work more efficiently between the two products, others prefer another approach though of use the inner one un cut up and then take that out when its sufficiently wet

Last edited:
Either that or don't try doubling up.

When you double diaper you are literally doubling the cost of the diaper, but not fully doubling it's capacity. For the same overall cost you're better off just getting a better diaper to begin with.

Or you could use the much cheaper pads designed to fit in what are usually called "net pants" which are supposed to told them in place but only really any good if you are not very active:

see:http://www.incontinencechoice.co.uk/lille-healthcare-suprem-form-maxi-2920ml-pack-of-20.html?utm_campaign=ShoppingFeed&utm_source=google&utm_medium=merchantcenter&utm_content=Health%20>%20Inco%20>%

or although even harder to get these days there are pads that are slightly shaped but do not have a plastic back - even cheaper.

I have used the kind of pads suggested above for doubling and simply remove the inner one when wet or messy, leaving the outer one still serviceable.

Slomo said:
Either that or don't try doubling up.

When you double diaper you are literally doubling the cost of the diaper, but not fully doubling it's capacity. For the same overall cost you're better off just getting a better diaper to begin with.

o i disagree Slomo .. with a single thick diaper you always run the risk of the sap/fluff crumbling and falling down in between your legs, leaving you with all the upper areas unavailable to absorb moisture. With two thinner diapers you have more structure in the diapers for the sap/fluff to be adhered to and can wet them to capacity. At least that is my experience..

U can always buy thicker boosters like the abri let or the bigger northshore boosters :) basically like doubling up but much easier

JordanOG said:
Ok thats a big help ty. And just to make sure. Only the outer plastic part right?

correct. Don't dig too deep into the padding from the outside, and definitely leave the inner sheet alone, or you'll get covered in sap and fluff, making cleanup a bit of a headache.

Don't go too crazy with the cuts, it doesn't take very many. Try not to physically weaken the structure of the inner diaper you're cutting, so the padding stays in the diaper. All you want to do is give excess liquid a place to leak out. You probably don't even need to use long cuts like I showed, shorter ones would probably work just as well.

When I DD, I just cut a long rectangle of the plastic backing out. All that stabbing holes in the thing never works for me when they're all closed by the time you put in on & squeezed tight.

I do a lot of double diapering and believe me, there's a right way and a wrong way. Even though my outer diaper is a cloth pull-up the principle remains the same. NEVER SLIT THE INNER DIAPER. As it gets wet and the polymer begins to swell, it will ooze out and ruin the diaper and make a mess. There is a tool available on Amazon called a Wartenberg Pinwheel. My understanding is that it is first a medical device used to test sensation. Second, the bondage scene uses it to inflick some level of pain (watch your safe words) Third, it's used to puncture a bunch of holes in the plastic (or cloth -works with either they say) cover of the inner disposable. It looks like a sturdy steel handle with a small roller on the end. The roller has needle like spikes that puncture the plastic shell allowing flow through of pee while keeping the integrity of the inner diaper intact. I used to use a safety pin but that takes to long. It'a only around $7.00 and mine has really held up well. I like to use a cloth diaper as my outer diaper so when it gets wet I can change it and the inner disposable can be kept on. I just put on a dry pull-up cloth diaper, replace the plastic pants and I'm good to go. I use the pull-up cloth diaper when at home or if I won't be out too long. If I'm going to be out most of the day I usually opt for a good quality velcro closure diaper because it can be changed without removing all my clothes.I detest the nightmare of cleaning up a poopy diaper so my inner disposable stays on until I'm home and a proper clean-up (with a good shower) can be dune at my convenience. not only that, it saves me from going through a ton of expensive diapers. I use the confidry 24/7 disposable, in my opinion a superior diaper. Great quality plastic shell, unbelievable capacity for wetting and BM's.I need to wear virtually 24/7 and I've found this combination of double diaper a top performer. If you're just a recreational user it's still a great way to get that flow through and extra absorbancy, extending the wear time. Check it out at Amazon. You can also see it at wearing clouds.com.

I found what I've found working since I discovered it by accident is horizontal folds+ slit clusters along the inner pad work well

My trick is a metal leather tracing wheel. Works good. I'm always double or triple diapered for bed for no leaks. Basically, they look like spurs a cowboy would wear, and you run them a few times over your inner diaper. No sap leaks, liquid goes through. They are pretty cheap from amazon.

jack3295 said:
There is a tool available on Amazon called a Wartenberg Pinwheel.

i bought one a while ago, and it works fairly well.. i run it up and down the 'wetness indicator' (center line) of the diaper five or six times, although if i have the time i will still use a diaper pin and do it by hand. my Wartenberg Wheel's points are very small and sharp so the pinholes they make are tiny.

randy1959 said:
o i disagree Slomo .. with a single thick diaper you always run the risk of the sap/fluff crumbling and falling down in between your legs, leaving you with all the upper areas unavailable to absorb moisture. With two thinner diapers you have more structure in the diapers for the sap/fluff to be adhered to and can wet them to capacity. At least that is my experience..

What cheap diaper are you using that clumps and sags so much? This really doesn't happen with mid grade or premium diapers unless you wear them for 6+ hours while still being highly active.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back