Status
Not open for further replies.

KryanAshford

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I have been having connection problems with COD. Almost everyone since I moved over to Xbox one. My connection said "Your Network is behind a restricted- port. I would like to know how to bypass it of remove it all together. Any help would be nice

I used to portforward with some of the older games I played, back in the day, i would go to my router home page 192.168.1.1 (usually typical as default)

then I would find the port section of the router page

IF the port COD was going to use was 4000, I would set up the router to open ports 3999-4001 (for example)

This worked for me 100% of the time with warcraft 3, but its been a while since ive needed to open ports

hope this helps

Any idea where I could find the port numbers I might need

well, back in the day mind you, i was able to set the ports in the game itself, there was an option for which ports I wanted the game to try and use, so i just coordinated what I set in the game to what i set in the router.

I can look around the internet and see if this CoD game has a built in non changeable default port it tries to use, or failing that, how you can manually adjust the port the game attempts to use.

what CoD game is it?

The newest one Infinite Warfare. Mind you it's for Xbox One

https://community.callofduty.com/t5...Duty-Black-Ops-3-on-PS4-Xbox-One/td-p/9748166

Theres a list of the port numbers that are the default used for Xbox one, I recommend opening both upload and download ports in your router, you can see the corresponding port numbers in the link

If you need a quick crash course on port forwarding, heres a decent site

http://tecmobowl.org/forums/topic/52121-guide-port-forwarding-walkthrough-tips/

IF you have any questions, i wont be around for another couple hours, but will try to help more later on, good luck!

Thanks Mattling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back