Need for more absorbent coverage, not thicker!

Would you buy an all around diaper?

• Yes

Votes: 58 78.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 9 12.2%

• Total voters
I'm definitely up for more padding up front. I sleep on my stomach, and there is precious little padding there for a male.

Reactions: Foxroxsox
neophyte said:
I'll be sure to pull the leg guards out and that's awesome news that they are nice and tall.

And the first thing you're going to notice when they come in is they're pretty stiff when dry. Make sure to fold lengthwise in the crotch to get a good "V" shape to the padding so you get good drainage front-to-back. Otherwise they tend to fold upward in the crotch when you're taping them on, and that'll greatly reduce the effectiveness of the leak guards.

bambinod said:
And the first thing you're going to notice when they come in is they're pretty stiff when dry. Make sure to fold lengthwise in the crotch to get a good "V" shape to the padding so you get good drainage front-to-back. Otherwise they tend to fold upward in the crotch when you're taping them on, and that'll greatly reduce the effectiveness of the leak guards.

I did have a pack a year ago and I remember not being impressed, maybe they are over hyped. One diaper got a cut in it so easily, like the shell is super thin.

I also remember how small/thin they were compared to my Rearz diapers; I want a more discrete diaper so I am trying these again. I love to fluff my diaper so I'll take your fold for a V suggestion! Thank you!!!

neophyte said:
I did have a pack a year ago and I remember not being impressed, maybe they are over hyped. One diaper got a cut in it so easily, like the shell is super thin.

Yep the shell is very thin on them, but that does make it very soft to the touch, so it's a trade-off I suppose.

bambinod said:
Yep the shell is very thin on them, but that does make it very soft to the touch, so it's a trade-off I suppose.

It's been a few days and I am quite enjoying the Crinklz, very comfortable and I like that there is no landing pad. Easy to forget that I am wearing a diaper!!

thickdiapers said:
I'm definitely up for more padding up front. I sleep on my stomach, and there is precious little padding there for a male.
With M4’s I reduce front leakage by positioning the diaper so that the front padding is 2 or so inches higher than the back. Additionally, I fold the front plastic outer sheet back under creating a barrier of sorts against leakage. Showing how well this works, some mornings the front padding is totally saturated with no leakage.

Reactions: neophyte
WBxx said:
...I fold the front plastic outer sheet back under creating a barrier of sorts against leakage. Showing how well this works, some mornings the front padding is totally saturated with no leakage.

And this is why we need better leg gathers that are spaced away from the padding. Not more padding. I can guarantee you all are chasing a ghost by wanting more padding and not addressing the backsheet being loose in places. A simple rectangle of padding in the middle of the diaper with snug leg gathers will protect against leakage much better than adding padding to the wings.

Absolutely. I'm not sure if the machines can handle it, but I'm guessing they could. Adult diapers actually don't make much sense without this feature, and its omission is dumb and short-sighted. I would pay a premium (above the premium I'm already paying for ABDL diapers) for such a feature. Actually, if they were smart, KC would do it. I would pay a near-premium price for a shitty Depend or whatever if it had 360 padding. And I would pre-order 2 cases of MegaMaxs/Whatever from whatever company made this change if I was familiar with the fit of the chassis.

Actually, I'm thinking the additional padding would only need to be in the front, as the rear wings would cover the front padding. I think.

I'm sure there's some impediment to all this, but just in case...
@NorthShoreAdam

Last edited:
xtrabulk said:
Absolutely. I'm not sure if the machines can handle it, but I'm guessing they could. Adult diapers actually don't make much sense without this feature, and its omission is dumb and short-sighted. I would pay a premium (above the premium I'm already paying for ABDL diapers) for such a feature. Actually, if they were smart, KC would do it. I would pay a near-premium price for a shitty Depend or whatever if it had 360 padding. And I would pre-order 2 cases of MegaMaxs/Whatever from whatever company made this change if I was familiar with the fit of the chassis.

Actually, I'm thinking the additional padding would only need to be in the front, as the rear wings would cover the front padding. I think.

I'm sure there's some impediment to all this, but just in case...
@NorthShoreAdam
So you want much wider padding in front? Need to be absorbing on the far wings? Or is it ok if covered up with waterproof material used for leakguards and is only used for extra wicking material?

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
NorthShoreAdam said:
So you want much wider padding in front? Need to be absorbing on the far wings? Or is it ok if covered up with waterproof material used for leakguards and is only used for extra wicking material?

I've been adding a rearz sticky booster along the front of my diaper every night since i posted this. My leaks are down from 100% to 5%.

Big yes to wider in the front, extending to the end of the wings if possible.

I am using the right size diaper and I’m putting it on properly, it’s just that my Willy doesn’t point down most of the time ... so if I’m on my back then my pelvic area and tummy are flat... wetness will go in all directions. And if I’m side sleeping it will go straight to the sides.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
NorthShoreAdam said:
No! Please don't. Padding is not the answer.

The problem is the poor construction. A paper thin ADL that's way too small and doesn't really do anything, an "ADL" as the base layer that's loaded with fluid stopping SAP and a super absorbent core that's right next to your skin and only covers two thirds of the diaper. It's all backwards.

I touched on it in this thread ( https://www.adisc.org/forum/threads/what-are-those-blue-rectangles-in-diapers.148871 ) and there's a really good video posted twice by two different people on the science behind the construction of a diaper. There are several other excellent comments in the thread as well. I really recommend reading the entire thing.

Most all adult diapers have these same issues but is exacerbated in the diapers made on the same machines as the Megamax and ABU high capacity diapers due to having extremely compacted padding and way too much glue holding the layers together. Add a core that's loaded with synthetic fibers and very little SAP outside the super absorbent layer and you have a recipe for disaster.
neophyte said:
I've been adding a rearz sticky booster along the front of my diaper every night since i posted this. My leaks are down from 100% to 5%.
The reason this is working is because you have added a lot of SAP to an area of the diaper where there is very little. I can guarantee you would have zero leaks if there was a decent ADL like the Northshore Supreme and the SAP was distributed throughout the padding instead of being concentrated in the middle with a much higher ratio of natural fibers.

Also narrowing the padding and making the leg gathers adhere to the back sheet up in to the landing zone and higher in the back away from the padding by at least two inches and adhering the top sheet to the back sheet better so gel being pressed around wouldn't move it's way to the edges of the diaper would decrease leaks immensely.

Having those padded wings outside the area where the leg gathers are is what's creating the leaky area especially since there is very little sap in them. Get them wet enough and fluids are going to press out, flow through and over the top. With no real barrier to stop fluids, leaks guards and the leak guard materials aren't waterproof, leaks are going to happen. Even with more padding.

Seriously, if more padding is the answer, then why do baby diapers work so well even though they went away from all the extra padding back in the 90's?

Last edited:
Is there any leaking out of the leg elastics in this situation? I'm still convinced that widening the diaper's plastic 3 inches at the crotch (while not altering the padding at all) and spacing the elastics & standing guards out accordingly will help with much of that. That's how baby diapers are made...plus, it reduces waste at the factory. Just my .000002 Bitcoin. 🤭

Last edited:
Reactions: KnappFlannel, Yooo, Weatheronthe8s and 1 other person
BobbiSueEllen said:
Is there any leaking out of the leg elastics in this situation? I'm still convinced that widening the diaper's plastic 3 inches at the crotch (while not altering the padding at all) and spacing the elastics & standing guards out accordingly will help with much of that. That's how baby diapers are made...plus, it reduces waste at the factory. Just my .000002 Bitcoin. 🤭
I'm not sure about the anyone else but I haven't had any issues with leaking from the legs on the newer Megamax. They have already moved the elastics out some which has helped a lot. If they did leave the padding the way it is and got the elastics outside the padding where they belong they would either have to add a lot of material or curve the elastics around the padding. Either one of those could add a lot to the cost of the diaper.

Joediaper said:
I'm not sure about the anyone else but I haven't had any issues with leaking from the legs on the newer Megamax. They have already moved the elastics out some which has helped a lot. If they did leave the padding the way it is and got the elastics outside the padding where they belong they would either have to add a lot of material or curve the elastics around the padding. Either one of those could add a lot to the cost of the diaper.
The elastics aren't moved to the outside of the diaper; they are spaced out the same distance as the crotch plastic. Just a spacing out of the cutters which cut the leg parts out and spacing out the elastic/leak guard applicator devices (inside the diaper-making machine) to match. I have yet to see any diaper where the elastics are on the outside of the plastic. No increase in existing materials or their cost, and less waste at production...this would only take a readjustment in the machine, a trial run and, if acceptable, roll out those beautiful new diapers! 🤭 🥳

Reactions: Yooo and Joediaper
As someone who uses Goodnites as their main diaper (for a few different reasons), I think widening the main portion of the diaper would help quite a bit with leaks. Extra padding doesn’t really hurt and would kinda be nice on some diapers, but simply having a wider diaper I think would solve most of these issues. Many of my leaks with Goodnites come with the front and back not being wide enough for it to not leak when fully soaked. I notice if there is not gap between the padding and the edge, the wetness has the potential to kinda squeeze our of the diaper. Where if there was a gap, there would be a better seal creating less leaks.

BobbiSueEllen said:
The elastics aren't moved to the outside of the diaper; they are spaced out the same distance as the crotch plastic. Just a spacing out of the cutters which cut the leg parts out and spacing out the elastic/leak guard applicator devices (inside the diaper-making machine) to match. I have yet to see any diaper where the elastics are on the outside of the plastic. No increase in existing materials or their cost, and less waste at production...this would only take a readjustment in the machine, a trial run and, if acceptable, roll out those beautiful new diapers! 🤭 🥳
I meant what you're saying. Not putting the elastics outside the diaper but spaced out away from the padding. Tena and Abena do this but it doesn't work all that well because the elastics are too close to the padding and are no where near strong enough to keep gaps from happening.

I can make a recommendation that I discovered recently:

FormaCare Comfort Slip Super XL. Also known as X2.

They are all white and not the thickest but will hold 3 wettings.

The padding is squared off and goes very far round the sides.

I think if they were worn by someone whose normal size is M or S, then these would provide 360 coverage.

They certainly provide the widest coverage in an all white nappy that I have ever seen.

I don’t know if they’re available in North America but they’re available in Europe from SaveExpress and the UK from Discount Medical.

They’re like the Easy Slip but with an elasticated waistband.

Reactions: neophyte
They are available on the ABDLFactory site: https://abdlfactory.com/forma-care-slip-comfort-super

I assume that means they could ship in North America. Orders can be shipped by us daily using using the following carriers: PostNL, Fedex, DPD (and DHL). Shipping cost is probably the next big factor.

Forma-Care Slip Comfort Super, Plastic Backed, Pack​

• Brand: Forma-Care
  • Product Code: PL763
  • Availability: In Stock

Last edited:
Looks like it would work for side sleeping. I like the idea. Trouble is that I get diaper rash on the sides of my hip that is normally dry, and putting absorbent material there could trap moisture against the skin at a bad point. Not sure if this happens to anyone else.

Quite apart from the technical merits (or not) of padding in the wings, there's also the aesthetics of the look and feel of the overall fit, of which the padding layout is an important part. I would pay a premium for a thick, full cut nappy that fits me like the Thick Huggies fits the girl in the ad. Look how the padding extends right up above her bottom and tapers smoothly round her hips. Even if none of the wetness ever reaches the ends of the wings and it's really the padding between her legs that is important for performance, she must feel very safe and comfy with such a lot of nappy around her.

I would like that especially in a night nappy, again regardless of the likely absorbency benefit for side-sleeping. The extra bulk doesn't matter as there's no need to hide it under normal street clothing. I want to feel that I am really 'in' the nappy, i.e. it completely encloses me from waist to thighs, so that the wets and messes happen safely in the depths of the expanse of padding. More nappy is always better!

Reactions: WillFord384
Back